Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, youngrice said:

His legs are what have made him the best QB in fantasy not his arm

He currently leads the league in passing touchdowns, just FYI. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Time to stop worrying.

• Lamar Jackson (quad) "moved around well" during Tuesday's practice.

Per ESPN's Jamison Hensley, Jackson "looked fine in his drop backs." Hensley reports Jackson was noticeably improved compared to Monday. The MVP frontrunner is going to be out there for Thursday's potential smash spot in the Jets. Mark Andrews (knee) is also trending in the right direction. Jackson is the week's top fantasy play at quarterback.

Dec 10, 2019, 3:50 PM ET

•  
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Everything is doom and gloom all the time. The guy has a minor quad injury. It’s football things happen.

The doom and gloom is an anti-jinx technique

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, youngrice said:

Lamar is a stud but a big reason he has been so effective throwing is how the run sets it up.  Plus we are talking about fantasy football.  147 of his points have come on the ground and what sets him apart from other QB's.

Pretty fair point.  His threat on the run opens up the pass more making it easier for him to throw the ball to an open receiver.

• Like 1

Without those legs he’s on par with RGIII. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d be worried about his ability to produce on a short week vs. an NFL defense. But he’s playing the Jets.

20 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

QBs are interchangeable in fantasy, you must be new to FF.

7 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Why wouldn’t you already have a backup QB? Especially when you have a running QB who are much more prone to injury? 

So QB's are interchangeable and it doesn't matter who you have because you can always find a streamer on waivers, but Lamar owners are dumb to not have a backup QB?

tenor.gif?itemid=4923350

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Why wouldn’t you already have a backup QB? Especially when you have a running QB who are much more prone to injury? 

They are?

2 hours ago, fullonchubb said:

Pretty fair point.  His threat on the run opens up the pass more making it easier for him to throw the ball to an open receiver.

I think the threat of the Ravens ability to RUN the football make sit easier to pass same as any other team that can run the ball well with a QB who is a decent passer.

people seem to discount Ingram+Gus+Justin  in this backfield along with  a solid o-line and 3 TE's who are strong blockers as well as solid pass catchers. It's the entire offense that is built to run the ball with lamar as the big weapon.

The weakness in the Ravens offense is they don't have that veteran field stretching talent developed yet. Snead is their most experienced wr

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vercrazy said:

So QB's are interchangeable and it doesn't matter who you have because you can always find a streamer on waivers, but Lamar owners are dumb to not have a backup QB?

tenor.gif?itemid=4923350

yep, they are interchangeable but not having a backup going into the playoffs isn’t smart. I had one QB on my roster all season until a few weeks ago. You obviously have to plan differently for the playoffs. I drop a WR and RB in favor of a backup QB and TE weeks before the playoffs start. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

They are?

Yes  running QB's are more prone to injury is another fabrication combined with Lamar was a 3rd rd pick by SMART fantasy drafters 🤣

If youre saying a waiver/backup QB can slot in for Lamar youre insane. Been playing fantasy for over a decade and I always follow the rule of "play your studs". If Lamar has an off game and I lose I can live with that, he's the one that got me here. If I sat him and he blows up for 25-30 points on my bench id be sick. If he's healthy enough to play im starting him with zero hesitation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yossarian said:

He currently leads the league in passing touchdowns, just FYI. 

With 2800 passing yds. FYI. Like I said a stud. But what opens up his passing is threat of run. 

12 minutes ago, youngrice said:

With 2800 passing yds. FYI. Like I said a stud. But what opens up his passing is threat of run. 

Oh you mean the evolution of the West Coast Offense. West Coast Offense will always be the best offense

12 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Simple. Because the argument for streaming QBs is that there's always someone "decent enough" on the waiver wire. Why waste that second roster spot on a backup QB if you know that there are streamable options if Lamar is hurt.

After all, none of the "stud" QBs are on the waiver wire, and unless you drafted one of those early and picked up Lamar as *his* backup [only to realize Lamar was better], you don't have anything better than the streamable QBs on your bench as a backup. 

I picked up Stafford for Lamar's bye week, and I was planning on just sitting him on my bench in the case of injury because he was expected to have some good matchups to finish the year. But he got injured, and now I'm in streaming territory if Lamar can't go on Thursday.

8 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

yep, they are interchangeable but not having a backup going into the playoffs isn’t smart. I had one QB on my roster all season until a few weeks ago. You obviously have to plan differently for the playoffs. I drop a WR and RB in favor of a backup QB and TE weeks before the playoffs start. 

But...why isn’t it smart if all QBs are, in fact, interchangeable?  Just go pick up Blough or something if you feel like getting the same number of points as Jackson.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

But...why isn’t it smart if all QBs are, in fact, interchangeable?  Just go pick up Blough or something if you feel like getting the same number of points as Jackson.

All QB's are interchangeable until they are not, meaning until you find a plug and play stud with a high floor and ceiling. 

No QB has been plug and play double digit scorer with a high floor and ceiling since week 1 except for Lamar nand Wilson.

Away from a stud you are speculating based on matchups which waiver QB will perform. 

This is the part Mr. Interchangeable forgets to add 😂

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

You are WRONG!  Case in point his Injury sustained while PASSING IN THE POCKET. There is zero evidence that shows QB's that run are more prone to injury. The fact is the majority of QB injuries occur in the pocket because they can't protect themselves from hits they can't see.

Jackson got in a limited practice on Tuesday and is good to go.

He revealed he was injured on a low hit in the process of delivering his 61-yard touchdown strike to Hayden Hurst on Sunday.

6 hours ago, BMcP said:

im not talking about 3rd string backup QBs, use your brain. I’m taking about guys like Tannehill, Brissett and Carr etc...all who will most likely be on everyone’s waivers and all had better games than Lamar last week. In fact, Tannehill has been QB3 since becoming the starter in Tennessee and he’s out scored Lamar in 2 of the last 3 weeks. He’s on most waivers. QBs are interchangeable in fantasy. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

I'm still concerned about them pulling him after halftime if there's a blowout. Fitzmagic is on my ww..............................................................................................................................................................

1 hour ago, the_dying_dream said:

I'm still concerned about them pulling him after halftime if there's a blowout. Fitzmagic is on my ww..............................................................................................................................................................

Don't do it.

If it's a blow out, it'll be because Lamar ran a TD, and threw for 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_dying_dream said:

No way they insert RG3 until the victory is mathematically secure or lamar can't function. Controlling their destiny for the playoffs starts with this game.

Baltimore clinches the AFC North division title with:

BAL win or tie OR

PIT loss or tie

Baltimore clinches a first-round bye with:

BAL win + NE loss OR

BAL win + KC loss or tie OR

BAL tie + KC loss

Baltimore clinches home-field advantage through the AFC playoffs with:

BAL win + NE loss + KC loss or tie

• Like 1