Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

May be too early to know, but how do we feel about Jackson next week? Are you guys making moves in preparation for the Baltimore potentially sitting Jackson next week. 

Baltimore is not sitting Lamar next week. He will play. He will probably sit week 17 which is of no regard to most of us.

1 hour ago, shift05 said:

May be too early to know, but how do we feel about Jackson next week? Are you guys making moves in preparation for the Baltimore potentially sitting Jackson next week. 

The AFC playoff seeding is far from being determined.

He really is remarkable. It’s been so fun watching him ball out and crush my opponents souls. Lots of ball left but man it’s gotta feel great for us to have a nice cushion coming out of a Thursday night game.

3 hours ago, devaster said:

The AFC playoff seeding is far from being determined.

not really ... it's simpler than one would think - now, the two scenarios below are extreme longshots to occur, but, nonetheless, the #1 seed could be clinched for the HarBags on Sunday - it's not complicated at all, in that regard - 

so, once again ... before all the "LOLZ!!!1!!!!!111!11! DËR BÜNGLES AREN'T GONNA BEAT DA HOODIES, ZOMG!!1!" just understand that there is a very slim chance here, and that's all we're pointing out. 

btw, i have never seen anything like this kid - greatest magick foosball season i've ever seen. hands down.  

New England is not going to lose to the Bengals, so they’re not going to sit L-Jax next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eg4190 said:

New England is not going to lose to the Bengals, so they’re not going to sit L-Jax next week.

Thanks for translating whatever we had come before your post

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

not really ... it's simpler than one would think - now, the two scenarios below are extreme longshots to occur, but, nonetheless, the #1 seed could be clinched for the HarBags on Sunday - it's not complicated at all, in that regard - 

so, once again ... before all the "LOLZ!!!1!!!!!111!11! DËR BÜNGLES AREN'T GONNA BEAT DA HOODIES, ZOMG!!1!" just understand that there is a very slim chance here, and that's all we're pointing out. 

btw, i have never seen anything like this kid - greatest magick foosball season i've ever seen. hands down.  

I’m NY Italian-Irish who grew up assisting both grandfathers with their Aqueduct bets...and I still struggle to understand your posts 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, CitizenJ said:

Baltimore is not sitting Lamar next week. He will play. He will probably sit week 17 which is of no regard to most of us.

While KC and NE will most likely win THIS week here is a problem for NEXT week:

* NE plays Buffalo on SATURDAY.

If they lose, trouble.

I'm grabbing P. Rivers (vs OAK) as an insurance policy prior to Sunday's games.

27 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

While KC and NE will most likely win THIS week here is a problem for NEXT week:

* NE plays Buffalo on SATURDAY.

If they lose, trouble.

I'm grabbing P. Rivers (vs OAK) as an insurance policy prior to Sunday's games.

I can see harbaugh sitting Jackson for the final week but he won't sit him for 2 weeks. Jackson's playing at least three quarters next week short of some unknown injury.

20 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I can see harbaugh sitting Jackson for the final week but he won't sit him for 2 weeks. Jackson's playing at least three quarters next week short of some unknown injury.

I don't think they'd sit him completely, but I think you could see him play a half, then the first series of the 3rd quarter and then he's done.

He could put up 20 in the first half...or not. 

On 12/11/2019 at 1:56 PM, dashoe said:

No way they insert RG3 until the victory is mathematically secure or lamar can't function. Controlling their destiny for the playoffs starts with this game.

Baltimore clinches the AFC North division title with:

BAL win or tie OR

PIT loss or tie

Baltimore clinches a first-round bye with:

BAL win + NE loss OR

BAL win + KC loss or tie OR

BAL tie + KC loss

Baltimore clinches home-field advantage through the AFC playoffs with:

BAL win + NE loss + KC loss or tie

Lamar is not sitting week 16, the Ravens want to control the playoff picture

On 12/11/2019 at 2:12 PM, Dexter75 said:

What Im saying is that you can literally find a top 5-10 QB nearly every week to stream sitting on waivers. Tannehill, Trubisky, Goff, Darnold....these have all been top 5 QBs within the past few weeks and have all outscored Lamar the past two weeks. Can you find top 5 RBs or even WRs sitting on waivers right now ? Hardly. You only need 1 QB in standard leagues and there are 32 starting QBs, but you need to start 2-3 RBs and WRs. Its just simple math that you need the RBs and WRs way more than QBs. QBs are not important in FF, its been proven time and again and that's why everyone waits till the 7th round or later to take one. So going back to my original point, Lamar is not the fantasy MVP, its CMC. 

HAHAHAHA. This aged well in a matter of two days.

• Haha 2

According to the schedule, Ravens play at 1pm and the Patriots play on Saturday and Chiefs play on Sunday night.

If the patriots and chiefs both have to lose for the #1 seed, then I think Lamar will have to play just knowing the schedule timing.

Lamar has 33 passing TD's. Imagine if Harbaugh never sat him and he played through week 17

Lamar will play next Sunday, you can book it. When, if ever, has a team rested its starters two weeks in a row in the NFL.  I remember Peyton Manning sitting in week 16 when the Colts could have gone for the 16-0 record -- it didn't pay off during the playoffs to do it.  Even sitting game 16 and a first round bye leads to being rusty in the playoffs.  Sitting weeks 15 & 16 AND a first round bye, that's just too much time off.

Watching the game last night was amazing but conflicting because I'm playing Lamar but my opponent has three Ravens (Ingram, Andrews and their Defense) going against me.  Thank you Lamar for having your best game of the season in the fantasy playoffs!

Lamar was running a lot on the first drive and ripping off big plays on the ground.  You've heard of running to set up the pass, that's what Lamar does, all by himself!  His ability to do so is a cheat code for wide open receivers and passing TDs.  One announcer last night said the comparison he's heard was Lamar runs like Barry Sanders.  I don't 100% agree with that but I can see why it was made.     

14 hours ago, dashoe said:

Dude you are completely missing the point for whatever your reasons are and you probably did not read back more than a post or2 so u are coming in on a hot take, so I will elaborate for you. 😂

The point is  2 posters said rb is the most important position in fantasy, so my counterpoint was in an extreme scenario if rb's were the most valuable players in fantasy, they would be selected  as the top picks from 1-36 because you have to start 2 of them + a flex. This would also mean than EVERY rb in a rotation that gets touches in the NFL would be taken before a single QB is taken from 1st string to 3rd string to the cuff of the cuff. 

The fact is this is not the case. People generally draft based on expected production. The reason people in general draft the starting rb high is based on their higher touches in the offense + TD potential. However since fantasy is based on probabilty and since PPR became the standard format which devalues the rb position and brings the wr inline, there are many who follow zero rb and dont value rb's very high because of their fragility and wont touch them until at least the 7th rd, prioritizing the production of less fragile wr, te's and a top QB.

So once again I am not advocating one position is more valuable than the other, I am pointing out the mantra that the rb is the most valuable position in fantasy is a false one. What point you are trying to make is within zero context of my statements 🥳

I agree.  I'm really starting to wonder if the whole draft QB late and QB's are a dime a dozen mentality has gone just a little too far.

I get the whole position scarcity thing.  But stud players are stud players.  Looking back at our drafts, how many players now would've rather taken Lamar in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round instead of some other bust player you ended up taking?

I probably still wouldn't take Lamar in the first 2-3 rounds next year but I'm not automatically crossing guys like Lamar and Mahomes off in the third round and forward.  I'd rather take those guys than draft some guy that is unproven and mostly just praying he hits like OJ Howard, Kerryon Johnson, David Montgomery, etc, etc.

I'm not even sure we've seen the best of Lamar yet and he really doesn't have a great WR corps to even work with right now.  If they add to that a bit he could get even scarier.

He's gonna be on a lot of fantasy winners rosters.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rocket said:

Lamar will play next Sunday, you can book it. When, if ever, has a team rested its starters two weeks in a row in the NFL.  I remember Peyton Manning sitting in week 16 when the Colts could have gone for the 16-0 record -- it didn't pay off during the playoffs to do it.  Even sitting game 16 and a first round bye leads to being rusty in the playoffs.  Sitting weeks 15 & 16 AND a first round bye, that's just too much time off.

Watching the game last night was amazing but conflicting because I'm playing Lamar but my opponent has three Ravens (Ingram, Andrews and their Defense) going against me.  Thank you Lamar for having your best game of the season in the fantasy playoffs!

Lamar was running a lot on the first drive and ripping off big plays on the ground.  You've heard of running to set up the pass, that's what Lamar does, all by himself!  His ability to do so is a cheat code for wide open receivers and passing TDs.  One announcer last night said the comparison he's heard was Lamar runs like Barry Sanders.  I don't 100% agree with that but I can see why it was made.     

Exactly there is no reason to sit your 2nd year QB who was destroyed in the playoffs last season. Lamar gets better each game he plays because  his decision making gets better from facing defenses that want to stop him. You cannot replicate that in game experience in practice or the QB room.  So all of this he should sit talk is just complete nonsense and won't help the Ravens come playoff time when historically defensive performances step up a notch