Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m worried that his quad may tighten up tomorrow and won’t be right next week.   exploring other options

Benched again...wish I had a QB who could play the entire game! Might try to find one of those interchangeable ones on the waiver wire for next week. 

20 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Just remember if you drafted Lamar, you were one lucky SOB. You found the four leaf clover 🍀. Congrats. 

 

and for those who did their research offseason and targeted him, remember YOU selected him based off of KNOWLEDGE of the probable outcomes not luck. 🧐

According to one poster in this thread "smart" fantasy managers were draftig Lamar in rd 3 so there was no luck there 🤣

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Just remember if you drafted Lamar, you were one lucky SOB. You found the four leaf clover 🍀. Congrats. 

Bullcrap. I drafted him knowing there was one of two possible outcomes:

1. He winds up as a horrendous bust (think playoff game LJax)

2. He revolutionizes the game and becomes overall #1 QB.

His ADP was low enough that I didn't mind risking #1 to find out if #2 was the outcome. I did NOT expect him to lead the league in TD passes however.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Bullcrap. I drafted him knowing there was one of two possible outcomes:

1. He winds up as a horrendous bust (think playoff game LJax)

2. He revolutionizes the game and becomes overall #1 QB.

His ADP was low enough that I didn't mind risking #1 to find out if #2 was the outcome. I did NOT expect him to lead the league in TD passes however.

 

No one told you, that fantasy is 100% luck and your ability to draft and manage rosters over the season has zero to do with the outcome?  Same  applies to NFL teams, coaches, players they are just lucky when they win ,lose, run, throw, catch,make plays 

The Ravens were lucky drafting lamar and building an offense around him to suceed 😂

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mbell317 said:

Why are you focused only on his 3 games where he had 5 touchdowns? That makes no sense. No one is debating that he won't do that every game. 

I am talking about his production as a whole. Which is obviously not flukey. He has done it consistently for 14 games.

The ability to rush obviously has to do with this because he was able to get the ball into the red zone without a large number of "completions". Would you like it if he had 5-10 more completions of 3 yards each? That would make the stats look better in your mind, right? But he doesn't need to do that. The Ravens strong run game with Ingram also allowed them to move the ball without Lamar having to complete a bunch of 4-6 yard passes.

His mobility allows him to buy time in the pocket and wait for his receivers to get open for big plays. His strong and accurate arm also allowed him to hit his receivers.

His completion to passing TD ratio on the season is 245 to 33. Are you saying that is absolutely not sustainable? Even if it regresses he'd still be QB1. 

Why is Completion to Passing TD the most important stat, exactly? Seems pretty arbitrary and limited. He can just throw more dump passes and then suddenly you won't consider it flukey? Seems dumb. 

Look how flukey this production is. Oh my gosh it's so flukey I can hardly look at it.

spacer.png


You’re saying his production as a whole is not flukey (which would mean its sustainable). Just nevermind man. He will always throw a td every 7.5 completions like he has this year. Forget what I said about his completion-td ratio not being sustainable.

If he were to not keep up that pace, then by logic, he would regress. But since you claim he won’t regress, I guess we can expect that same amount of production per pass completed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Bullcrap. I drafted him knowing there was one of two possible outcomes:

1. He winds up as a horrendous bust (think playoff game LJax)

2. He revolutionizes the game and becomes overall #1 QB.

His ADP was low enough that I didn't mind risking #1 to find out if #2 was the outcome. I did NOT expect him to lead the league in TD passes however.

 

Agree on BC.

I went into my draft thinking the following on QB:

1) I'm waiting until the middle rounds.

2) I was going to possibly take 2 QBs back to back.

3) I targeted one standard drop back passer (J. Goff...mistake) and a high upside QB that could be this year's Mahommes (K. Murray, L. Jackson).

In round 9 I mistakenly took Goff. And then, Murray was gone on my next pick so I took Jackson.

It goes without saying that Jackson took over the reigns for this team quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThreadKiller said:


You’re saying his production as a whole is not flukey (which would mean its sustainable). Just nevermind man. He will always throw a td every 7.5 completions like he has this year. Forget what I said about his completion-td ratio not being sustainable.

If he were to not keep up that pace, then by logic, he would regress. But since you claim he won’t regress, I guess we can expect that same amount of production per pass completed.

 

 

The problem you are having with your position is that you are not stating what he will regress to. Easy to use the word regression but regression in the most simplistic wording is a sort of mean of the mean. So what is his mean that he will regress to? 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

The problem you are having with your position is that you are not stating what he will regress to. Easy to use the word regression but regression in the most simplistic wording is a sort of mean of the mean. So what is his mean that he will regress to? 😂


I’m not having a problem at all with my position. I can’t predict the future. I’m just responding to those who seem to think this will be his norm...It likely won’t be and his numbers are very clearly (I guess it’s not as clear as it should be) not sustainable.

With that said, he’s having what’s likely his career year and it’s been really fun to watch.

I said same thing about Cam (yes they’re different players, no kidding) and was laughed at. How’s he doing?

Edited by ThreadKiller
Link to post
Share on other sites

what are the chances they slow down lamar a bit next two games? He's locked up the rushing record and balt should win without him... of course I'm just saying this because i might end up facing the lamar owner in the finals... oh boy that would be sweet if RG3 took over in the 2nd half next game...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

what are the chances they slow down lamar a bit next two games? He's locked up the rushing record and balt should win without him... of course I'm just saying this because i might end up facing the lamar owner in the finals... oh boy that would be sweet if RG3 took over in the 2nd half next game...

 

Baltimore wants the Bye Week and Homefield Advantage, winning without him is definitely not a guarantee. Chances are slim... 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

and for those who did their research offseason and targeted him, remember YOU selected him based off of KNOWLEDGE of the probable outcomes not luck. 🧐

According to one poster in this thread "smart" fantasy managers were draftig Lamar in rd 3 so there was no luck there 🤣

No “smart” manager drafted Lamar in the third, I sure hope you didn’t believe that baloney. 

41 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Bullcrap. I drafted him knowing there was one of two possible outcomes:

1. He winds up as a horrendous bust (think playoff game LJax)

2. He revolutionizes the game and becomes overall #1 QB.

His ADP was low enough that I didn't mind risking #1 to find out if #2 was the outcome. I did NOT expect him to lead the league in TD passes however.

If you drafted Lamar, we had no idea he was going to be this good, I have to think he wasn’t the first QB you drafted either. Nobody seen this coming. Fantasy pros in September had Lamar QB 12 ADP 108. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

The problem you are having with your position is that you are not stating what he will regress to. Easy to use the word regression but regression in the most simplistic wording is a sort of mean of the mean. So what is his mean that he will regress to? 😂

I have to believe threadkiller used “regression” was coming before Thursday night. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

 

Baltimore wants the Bye Week and Homefield Advantage, winning without him is definitely not a guarantee. Chances are slim... 😔

 

We need to take a deep breath and root for the Patriots, basically.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

mahomes looked unstoppable last year as well, not as much this year. It is definitely a magical year for Jackson, if he could even pull this off in the next couple seasons, that would be very impressive. But I don’t see him doing this going forward, he will definitely have good seasons, but teams will catch up to what he does.

 

I don’t like the way he throws the ball. They say he is faster than Vick, I also do not see that.

I would take Mahomes ahead of Lamar 100/100 times. I would take Dak, Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, Watson as young QBs over Lamar if I was starting a franchise. I think Jackson will get figured out eventually. He’s fun to watch, though.

 

I remember when Colin Kaepernick was running all over everyone in the league too. Not saying Kap is on Jackson’s athletic level but Kap’s rushing career avg is higher than Jacksons so far.

Edited by tonycpsu
Merged comment storm.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WayneFontes said:

mahomes looked unstoppable last year as well, not as much this year. It is definitely a magical year for Jackson, if he could even pull this off in the next couple seasons, that would be very impressive. But I don’t see him doing this going forward, he will definitely have good seasons, but teams will catch up to what he does.

 

I don’t like the way he throws the ball. They say he is faster than Vick, I also do not see that.

I would take Mahomes ahead of Lamar 100/100 times. I would take Dak, Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, Watson as young QBs over Lamar if I was starting a franchise. I think Jackson will get figured out eventually. He’s fun to watch, though.

 

I remember when Colin Kaepernick was running all over everyone in the league too. Not saying Kap is on Jackson’s athletic level but Kap’s rushing career avg is higher than Jacksons so far.

I think he will be great as long as Roman calls the play

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sets the all-time rushing record for a QB in Week 15 whilst also leading the NFL in passing by a full 7 TDs!!! (yes I know this includes week 15).  Our MVP is like having Barry Sanders, Peyton Manning, Deshawn Watson, and RG3,-, RG6 all melded together concentrated into a single roster spot.  Thank you for a great season Cheat Code!

Edited by Al.Davis
stat
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had lamar last year and This year and man I’m sad this might be the last year i can grab him in the late rounds. Someone is going to blow there load next year and draft him 2-3 round. I don’t like drafting QB till i have my 2 Rb slots, 2 wr slots, flex and TE locked up. That’s when i look to see what value i can get in the 7th-10th round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had lamar last year and This year and man I’m sad this might be the last year i can grab him in the late rounds. Someone is going to blow there load next year and draft him 2-3 round. I don’t like drafting QB till i have my 2 Rb slots, 2 wr slots, flex and TE locked up. That’s when i look to see what value i can get in the 7th-10th round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, youngrice said:

As long as chiefs win Balt will still have Home field to play for next week.  Since Chiefs beat them in week 3

Yeah the Chiefs have the tie-breaker (head to head) so if they Chiefs beat Denver this week, they could still catch the Ravens...No way, they don't play Lamar in week 16 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

mahomes looked unstoppable last year as well, not as much this year. It is definitely a magical year for Jackson, if he could even pull this off in the next couple seasons, that would be very impressive. But I don’t see him doing this going forward, he will definitely have good seasons,

but teams will catch up to what he does.

 

I don’t like the way he throws the ball. They say he is faster than Vick, I also do not see that.

I would take Mahomes ahead of Lamar 100/100 times. I would take Dak, Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, Watson as young QBs over Lamar if I was starting a franchise. I think Jackson will get figured out eventually. He’s fun to watch, though.

 

I remember when Colin Kaepernick was running all over everyone in the league too. Not saying Kap is on Jackson’s athletic level but Kap’s rushing career avg is higher than Jacksons so far.

 

I'm not sure it's as simple as teams "catching up" to what he does. he runs the ball and he throws the ball very well. He is a dual threat QB which means you have to stop both skills simultaneously. 

Teams will have to DRAFT or acquire personnel to mitigate him namely with speed and size. Each game he plays he learns more and gets better because he is processing information better within the context of the offense and what the defense gives him.

Teams will also have to out scheme Greg Roman, which frankly no one has done when he has the right weapons on his offense.

I don't think it's as simple as stopping Lamar. You would also have to stop the o-line, the Te's and the talented rb's. This offense doesnt even have a veteran stud field stretcher but marquise+Boykin are developing nicely. This is a vert young offense that is getting better with every win and loss. 

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...