Rotoworld.com Forums

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m worried that his quad may tighten up tomorrow and won’t be right next week.   exploring other options

Benched again...wish I had a QB who could play the entire game! Might try to find one of those interchangeable ones on the waiver wire for next week. 

2 hours ago, dmody91 said:

Only a few people seem to get it but he’s going to regress because it’s unlikely Greg Roman isn’t a head coach next season. He is the genius begins this all. Lamar will still be great, but not to this level. 

This isn’t some groundbreaking game plan on offense. Typical RPO strategy. Heavy option usage that could be implemented by any Joe Schmo. Injury is the only thing stopping action Jackson. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dmody91 said:

Only a few people seem to get it but he’s going to regress because it’s unlikely Greg Roman isn’t a head coach next season. He is the genius begins this all. Lamar will still be great, but not to this level. 

14 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

This isn’t some groundbreaking game plan on offense. Typical RPO strategy. Heavy option usage that could be implemented by any Joe Schmo. Injury is the only thing stopping action Jackson. 

Sure injury is probably evident down the line. Sure he's gonna lose a step or two later in his career. Of course he better improve in the pocket in order to have long term success. 

Why can't we just enjoy what we are seeing right now as is? He is basically Mike Vick 2.0 in his prime. This is some fun sht to watch guys. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

Might be fluky or whatnot to throw for 5 tds. But the games where he throws for 1 or 2 tds, he’s bound to put up 100 yards and maybe a rushing td. He will be a good bet to be a top 3 Q.B. next year. In most drafts, that’s worth 2-3rd round pick. The way I see it: you can wait on a Q.B. and hope a late rounder hits. But if you hit on a late round WR or RB, you’re in great shape too, like this year’s Henry or Edelman. It doesn’t really matter where you find the value in late rounds. But I wouldn’t fret about selecting Lamar if you feel he’s a safe top 2-3 Q.B.

I’ve been somewhat negative about his arm talent not being that good but I came away extremely impressed and have seen a ton of improvement over the last 10 weeks. Maybe the best is yet to come. Too bad he only plays 3/4 of most games. 

13 hours ago, itschief33 said:

I do agree on certain points that between the 20s roman isn't doing anything ground breaking he's just ramming down teams throat.  With good RB's and the most athletic QB ever.  But his play calling in the red zone has been amazing.

44 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I do agree on certain points that between the 20s roman isn't doing anything ground breaking he's just ramming down teams throat.  With good RB's and the most athletic QB ever.  But his play calling in the red zone has been amazing.

This is all being done with a top 3 if not now the #1 OL in the NFL. It is getting no credit for the job those guys do blocking. Eventually it will start to fade. Then we will see what he's really made of.

Roman sucks as an OC. He turned Frank Gore into a 1 dimensional RB from a duel threat in SF years ago. His catches cut in half. He's just lucked into a perfect situation. Someone will make a huge mistake offering that clown an HC gig.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, FavreCo said:

This is all being done with a top 3 if not now the #1 OL in the NFL. It is getting no credit for the job those guys do blocking. Eventually it will start to fade. Then we will see what he's really made of.

Roman sucks as an OC. He turned Frank Gore into a 1 dimensional RB from a duel threat in SF years ago. His catches cut in half. He's just lucked into a perfect situation. Someone will make a huge mistake offering that clown an HC gig.

But Hyde has been used the same on every team since SF  even Shanny used him the same way 🤔

5 minutes ago, youngrice said:

What does Hyde have to do with Gore??  Plus neither of them were coached by Shanny.

Nothing. I made the mistake of thinking of Hyde not Gore because they are "interchangeable"😂

Edited by dashoe
  • Haha 1

I'm reading the Ravens will rest him during week 17 against the Steelers, which makes perfect sense, but what about week 16 against Cleveland?  Haven't they clinched everything they need to this week?  Would be ashame to not have him for your fantasy championship, but why should they risk an injury in a meaningless game?