Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

How do they own the tiebreaker against KC when Baltimore lost to them?

they dont

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Feeling like this will be a meh game from Lamar and Ingram will have two rushing TDs.

I felt that way last week especially after Ingram got the first TD.  We all know how the game went after that.  

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Feeling like this will be a meh game from Lamar and Ingram will have two rushing TDs.

He should be looking for revenge for that beatdown last time. This is perhaps his last nail for the MVP and regular season game.  I'd like to think he'd come out trying to be up Godly stats

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

they don't

Correct, Baltimore has to win this week to clinch home field 

1 hour ago, purpdrankplaya said:

How do they own the tiebreaker against KC when Baltimore lost to them?

Edited by hockeyfan77
Made post clearer

8 minutes ago, goke said:

In all fairness they did vote for Russell Wilson so you can make an argument for Russell in an intelligent debate. . .and still be wrong 😂

7 hours ago, dashoe said:

In all fairness they did vote for Russell Wilson so you can make an argument for Russell in an intelligent debate. . .and still be wrong 😂

If you started a dynasty league this season who would be the first QB on your board?

LJ or Mahomes?

On 1/4/2020 at 7:24 PM, thebadferret said:

If you started a dynasty league this season who would be the first QB on your board?

LJ or Mahomes?

Mahomes. His skill-set transitions to longevity much better than LJ's. Redraft I would take Lamar over Mahomes for the rushing floor but I expect Mahomes is still elite in 7-8 years. Couldn't say that for LJ. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

What a fall from grace.

Why?? Great year for him. It’s not easy like everybody thinks to be a NFL Qb. He’s fine and will be a stud in future. I mean 500 yds it’s not his fault 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

What a fall from grace.

It’s only his second year. Relax.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Needs better receivers imo 

Agreed. You guys would know 

12 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Why?? Great year for him. It’s not easy like everybody thinks to be a NFL Qb. He’s fine and will be a stud in future. I mean 500 yds it’s not his fault 

For fantasy and regular season yes. But that’s a massive letdown after his performance last last year in the playoffs. Playoffs are where it really counts and he’s been terrible so far 

• Like 1

Ravens had some awful injuries at the end of the season with Ingram, Andrews, and a guy or two on the OLine. Some bad luck there as the offense looked out of sync.

What a fraud, , but the worst part...we gave tannehill away for a 4th rounder

on the flip side, that did t happen under the flores era

my prediction, tannehill shows his first superbowl appearance, and lamar(to leep the thread going), does not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

The guy was hyped as the most unique and unstoppable player we’ve ever seen by the media. Defenses couldn’t guard him! How do you even gameplan for him?!? 
Also give me a break about the stats. He was awful today. He racked up yards when the Titans would play lose coverage to drain clock because they knew Ravens couldn’t stop their run game. 3 TOs for Jackson and getting stuffed twice on 4th down. His receivers dropped some but he also made horrible throws all night.

Nothing against Lamar but the media was a real circus with him the entire year. Same thing as Watson a few years ago when he was hyped as some generational QB legend and put ahead of guys like Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, and etc only to flop in the first round. 

• Like 5

Having 3 weeks off certainly didn't help in his case.  Losing the best blocking TE, your stud RB, and having no real #1 WR certainly doesn't help either.  Titans ran the perfect defensive scheme against him tonight as well.  Jackson can't do everything out there.

Football is all about momentum, the Andrews int right at the beginning was very catchable and I would not put that on Lamar , really changed everything. If the Ravens score a Td on that drive we might be talking about a whole different outcome. 
The Ravens were their own worst enemy, they rarely failed on 4th downs during the season and I think they may have gone to the well one to many times . I believe running play action would have been a better choice in those situations.

That said , the Ravens should return all 11 on offense including Greg Roman and company. I think they should bring in a bigger physical  AJ Brown/DK Metcalf type of wr to pair with Hollywood , but for the most part I can see the ravens Offense still being one of the better in the league and Lamar still being a top options for an in the fantasy world

He might have produced a ton of yardage and I think 30 or so fantasy points, but he obviously can’t do it all by himself. I think the Titans are mapping the key to stopping the Ravens. Bend but don’t break. Give up the short yardage catches (doesn’t help that they don’t have any consistent guys that could stretch the field- John Brown would have helped). Spy on Lamar.