Rotoworld.com Forums

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Guy was the top qb in the league. Hell...he gave you starting qb AND starting rb numbers on the season. He was drafted on average in the 13th round. You have no actual argument against him based on any sort of facts. Your biggest issue is "he ran too much"? I'm not sure you're going to like football in the coming decade of you have such an issue with mobile QBs. 

How can anybody have an issue with the season this guy just had?

this is now 2 postseasons in a row where he has crapped the bed

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m worried that his quad may tighten up tomorrow and won’t be right next week.   exploring other options

Benched again...wish I had a QB who could play the entire game! Might try to find one of those interchangeable ones on the waiver wire for next week. 

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You mean the 2 QBs who are also out of the playoffs?

..................Yea. What's your point? lmao You dont make excuses for a qb if he wins 

Edited by Chippa
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Do you play in a league that gives fantasy points for not having pro bowlers as teammates? Last time I checked having pro bowlers as teammates increases a player's value. 

The fantasy season is over. All the criticism he is receiving is due to his real life performance and not at all correlated to fantasy 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Chippa said:

this is now 2 postseasons in a row where he has crapped the bed

The Ravens are playing 1940s football.  NFL defenses aren't prepared for that because they are geared up to stop modern offenses.  Once the playoffs start, game planning gets more serious.  The results speak for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

The Ravens are playing 1940s football.  NFL defenses aren't prepared for that because they are geared up to stop modern offenses.  Once the playoffs start, game planning gets more serious.  The results speak for themselves.

And what of the lightning-strike passing offense of the Tennessee Titans?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Chippa said:

titans have a better o-line and the most brutal sob running the ball in the nfl

Titans have a great O-line but BAL’s line ranked second overall (according to PFF) for the season.  Point is, if the Ravens lost because they’re playing 1940s football, the Titans are playing 1890s football and still going strong.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Titans have a great O-line but BAL’s line ranked second overall (according to PFF) for the season.  Point is, if the Ravens lost because they’re playing 1940s football, the Titans are playing 1890s football and still going strong.

PFF is not the end all be all way to rank units

9 minutes ago, Chippa said:

pretty much the same o-line as last year that got blown the hell up by the chargers defense. now they got blown up by the titans defense. I'm thinking they're overrated

A lot of established analytical outfits doing the overrating then.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

The fantasy season is over. All the criticism he is receiving is due to his real life performance and not at all correlated to fantasy 

Yeah. You're right. Guy just finished his first full season playing the hardest position in sports. He's probably going to win the MVP and just lead an offense that did things this season no team has ever done in the Super Bowl era. He just lost a playoff game in which he thew for 365 yards and a TD and 2 INTs AND ran for 143 yards on 20 carries. He lead the league in passing TDs AND set QB rushing records. All this at the ripe old age of 23 (younger than Joe Burrow).

Clearly this is a player deserving of massive amounts of criticism due to his "real life performance". Clearly the NFL is a trash league as the current TD passing leader is a trash passer who runs too much. Clearly after being the QB1 for 1.5 seasons and 2 playoff games LJ just can not win when it counts, in spite of a 20-3 regular season record as a starter (I guess they played the Dolphins every week, right?).

All of this because of 2 playoff games. Man. So tragic. If he couldn't do it in his first 2 seasons the guy will NEVER win it all, amirite? You think the Ravens can trade him for a 5th rounder and maybe get Dalton in the offseason? Lamar is clearly the only thing holding them back. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, yossarian said:

Yeah. You're right. Guy just finished his first full season playing the hardest position in sports. He's probably going to win the MVP and just lead an offense that did things this season no team has ever done in the Super Bowl era. He just lost a playoff game in which he thew for 365 yards and a TD and 2 INTs AND ran for 143 yards on 20 carries. He lead the league in passing TDs AND set QB rushing records. All this at the ripe old age of 23 (younger than Joe Burrow).

Clearly this is a player deserving of massive amounts of criticism due to his "real life performance". Clearly the NFL is a trash league as the current TD passing leader is a trash passer who runs too much. Clearly after being the QB1 for 1.5 seasons and 2 playoff games LJ just can not win when it counts, in spite of a 20-3 regular season record as a starter (I guess they played the Dolphins every week, right?).

All of this because of 2 playoff games. Man. So tragic. If he couldn't do it in his first 2 seasons the guy will NEVER win it all, amirite? You think the Ravens can trade him for a 5th rounder and maybe get Dalton in the offseason? Lamar is clearly the only thing holding them back. 

Well, im sure that even you could admit that he didn't look good yesterday 

Torn on Jackson for next year.  As long as Greg Roman is the OC again, I want Lamar everywhere.  However, his 1st/2nd round price tag is going to make him get drafted way before I would take him.  The benefit of owning Lamar this year was his crazy good production, but more importantly, the fact you got it at a massive discount in the double digit rounds.  

The only place I'll most likely own Jackson next year is a keeper league where I can keep him as a late round pick.  If he stays healthy, he's a lock to give you top tier production.  But no way I'm spending a likely top 15 pick on a QB.

There was something about this whole offense that looked like it suddenly didn't believe in itself. Afraid to lose and afraid to let it really fly. Bummed they got stopped like that. 2nd round for FF? Seems about right. Probably a mistake to buy. Depending on who is available, it could be hard to lay off.

5 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Torn on Jackson for next year.  As long as Greg Roman is the OC again, I want Lamar everywhere.  However, his 1st/2nd round price tag is going to make him get drafted way before I would take him.  The benefit of owning Lamar this year was his crazy good production, but more importantly, the fact you got it at a massive discount in the double digit rounds.  

The only place I'll most likely own Jackson next year is a keeper league where I can keep him as a late round pick.  If he stays healthy, he's a lock to give you top tier production.  But no way I'm spending a likely top 15 pick on a QB.

This was Mahomes this year. QBs almost never finish QB1 multiple years in a row. 

19 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

This was Mahomes this year. QBs almost never finish QB1 multiple years in a row. 

My concerns that will keep me from drafting Jackson are 1) what you said 2) teams beginning to game plan for him better and 3) potential injury from the heavy run usuage

They just don't have enough weapons for him to keep the defense honest WR wise. Brown is great and his pass to him was amazing in the Titans game. They need to address this, but yeah give me Kyler Murrary 7 rounds later, or Rosen 9 rounds later. I am impressed with lamar, but I think teams are starting to figuring him out. 

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

They just don't have enough weapons for him to keep the defense honest WR wise. Brown is great and his pass to him was amazing in the Titans game. They need to address this, but yeah give me Kyler Murrary 7 rounds later, or Rosen 9 rounds later. I am impressed with lamar, but I think teams are starting to figuring him out. 

😄😄

2 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah I’d think they need to add a WR. Not much coming into free agency 2020. They could take a shot with AJ Green or amari cooper if he leaves Dallas. 

I wouldn’t touch Rosen at all though. 

Edited by bhawks489
4 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Rosen? huh? his career is probably over after the Dolphins draft Tua

Oh the irony of the timeline of the qbs this season

Weeks 1-9, Lamar and Brady unstoppable

weeks 10-14, all Radioheads...blah blah blah blah Lamar Jackson is the best

Week 15 - 18, brees and Lamar, brees and Lamar, brees and lamar

week 19, brees and tom retire?  Kirk cousins finally earned his pay, minny has a chance, watch out!

week 20, Lamar is a FRAUD, mahomes takes over!!!!

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1