Rotoworld.com Forums

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

Andrews and Ingram were banged up. Honestly neither guy should've played in the game. That first pick, Andrews usually goes up and catches that.

Ravens needed this type of game to happen in the past 3-4 games. They fell behind and panic city set in, mostly from coaches. 12 straight wins playing from ahead and not really being tested. Lamar's whole game script is controlling pace of game, milking clock, not forcing throws.

Receivers outside of Brown are just fringe NFLers. They need to sign a Robby Anderson and/or draft someone legit in the first or second round.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m worried that his quad may tighten up tomorrow and won’t be right next week.   exploring other options

Benched again...wish I had a QB who could play the entire game! Might try to find one of those interchangeable ones on the waiver wire for next week. 

Lamar did not get a lot of help, but he also did not make plays when they needed him to.

Ravens tried to run a couple of gimps out there (Andrews and Ingram) and they paid the price.

Also, Derrick Henry hit them in dey mouf.

You kind of have to ignore that anti-Lamar crowd (especially next season) because they're not arguing with you in good faith and are more concerned about pushing a narrative about a player that they don't like and aren't really being honest and objective. 

Lamar didn't play that well Saturday. But really no one did outside of Hollywood Brown for Baltimore. It wasn't just Jackson. Lamar definitely missed some throws and a few reads that would've allowed big play opportunities but he had some sensational throws to boot and moved well in the pocket. Historically it doesn't bode well for teams if their QB throws the ball north of 50 times unless their QB is Tom Brady. The fumble was a BAD play. Take off or throw it away. The 2nd interception he left way too far inside. The 1st interception is a ball that was slightly high but it should've been caught. I think Andrews being on a bum ankle may have been why he didn't elevate and snag that. I think Lamar was doing too much on those 4th down plays too even though I don't really love either play call and think they should've just kicked the FG in the 3rd quarter to make it 14-9. 

The offensive line repeatedly made inexcusable mistakes in pass protection which is odd because I thought they had played well all season. If Lamar wasn't sacked he was rushed or had to bail from the pocket because they allowed pressure through the A gaps over and over again. You can't step into the pocket that way. Much less into your throws. Outside of Hollywood Baltimore's receivers and TEs played very poorly. It wasn't just the drops but it was the god awful route running which you can see on the all 22. Some of his throws that looked inaccurate he threw to the right spot (like on a seam route to Boyle where Jackson threw to the void in the zone), but the receiver ran such a horse crap route. Hayden Hurst not getting his head around on that seam and getting nailed with the ball was crushing. And Seth Roberts would've scored on that crossing route he dropped. 

Idk why Greg Roman abandoned the run game so early. Justice Hill, Ingram (who was hobbled), and Gus Edwards had 9 carries combined. Lamar had 20. That can't happen on top his 59 pass attempts. That's not their game. 

Lastly the defense was terrible at gap integrity and no one wanted to tackle Henry. Easily their worst game since acquiring Marcus Peters but I was never sold on Baltimore's front seven. They blitzed more than any team in the league and were one of the worst teams in the NFL at generating sacks. And allowing that play action bomb is inexcusable especially when that was a predictable play call. 

I think Lamar and the Ravens will be fine. Their offensive core is very young outside of Marshal Yanda and Mark Ingram and they should be getting Greg Roman back. They really need to expand their offense and spend some money at wide receiver and pass rusher. Nothing against Seth Roberts and Willie Snead but those aren't guys who beat defenders down field very often. I could easily see them going 12-4 next season and still winning their division but that'll depend on if Lamar will work as hard as he did last off season at improving his game. Has to get more comfortable throwing intermediate routes outside the numbers. Which I'm sure he will. He's still only 23. Not even close to his ceiling yet. 

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...

remember when one of the posters here said Lamar had "elite" accuracy? 

wew lad

check out that pro bowl accuracy competition

"why should lamar even care about this" 

my man lamar... just needs more time

spacer.png

Edited by Chippa
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Just has to do this for the next 10 years and he'll be Rivers.

Rivers has gotten his team to the afc championship. Also Rivers has a 84 playoff qb rating, while Jackson has a 68

dont compare Lameme to Rivs

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Rivers has gotten his team to the afc championship. Also Rivers has a 84 playoff qb rating, while Jackson has a 68

spacer.png

It's hilarious when you think about the fact that you are obsessed with posting your opinion of how "bad" of a QB Lamar is on a FANTASY forum where he carried many teams to a season a title.  I think the probability barring injury that he is a top 5 fantasy QB next season is very high 🤣

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
Just now, dashoe said:

It's hilarious when you think about the fact that you are obsessed with posting how "bad" of a QB Lamar is on a FANTASY forum where he carried many teams to a season a title.  I think the probability barring injury that he is a top 5 fantasy QB next season is very high 🤣

never said he was a trash fantasy qb, just remembered when YOU said he had elite accuracy. Good times.

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

never said he was a trash fantasy qb, just remembered when YOU said he had elite accuracy. Good times.

No you are wrong as usual. I said define "elite accuracy" it does not exist; it's a term fabricated on this forum by those who make silly arguments based solely on their opinions but no facts.

There is no metric or standard for "elite accuracy". it's not even a category used by NFL scouts or the combine. Also I think i even posted that "acccuracy" amongst professional scouts is a subjective evaluation as there is no uniformly accepted standard measure/test of accuracy. 

Yes the metrics I posted whenever I discussed his accuracy proved he was an accurate QB.

You need to get your facts in order before you attempt to assail my positions 🤣

Edited by dashoe
Just now, dashoe said:

No you are wrong as usual. I said define "elite accuracy" it does not exist; it's a term fabricated on this forum. There is no metric or standard for "elite accuracy". it's not even a category used by scouts or the combine.

Yes the metrics I posted whenever I discussed his accuracy proved he was an accurate QB.

You need to get your facts in order before you attempt to assail my positions 🤣

you have to use your eyes when judging how accurate a passer is. Completion percentage does not tell the story. We went over this before. I watch a ton of ravens games

13 minutes ago, Chippa said:

you have to use your eyes when judging how accurate a passer is. Completion percentage does not tell the story. We went over this before. I watch a ton of ravens games

No you are wrong.  You have to have a quantifiable system of measuring accuracy that can replicated in every instance.  Scout/Analysts  have quantifiable  systems of measuring accuracy, where they disagree with is the best way to measure accuracy.  Any serious scout or analyst wont say it's the "eye test"

I'm sure 1 mm other people watch a "ton of Ravens" games but that's not a qualification for stating a QB is accurate or inaccurate and even moreso using that silly  fabricated reference of "elite accuracy" which you mentioned before. Accuracy is a metric not an opinion; the question is what is your systematic quantifiable methodology of measuring accuracy. Watching a ton of games is not a scientific method 😂

Bottom line is your OPINION  he is not a good QB but in a fantasy forum most dont care if he is a good real world QB; they care if he is a good fantasy QB😂

Edited by dashoe
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

No you are wrong.  You have to have a quantifiable system of measuring accuracy that can replicated in every instance. 

I'm sure 1 mm other people watch a "ton of Ravens" games but that's not a qualification for stating a QB is accurate or inaccurate and even moreso using that silly  fabricated reference of "elite accuracy" which you mentioned before. Accuracy is a metric not an opinion; the question is what is your systematic quantifiable methodology of measuring accuracy. Watching a ton of games is not a scientific method 😂

Bottom line is your OPINION  he is not a good QB but in a fantasy forum most dont care if he is a good real world QB; they care if he is a good fantasy QB😂

"watching Lamar play is not a good way of seeing how accurate he is"

mmkay

Edited by Chippa
6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

"watching Lamar play is not a good way of seeing how accurate he is"

mmkay

No it isnt, if your eyes are that good then you should contract yourself to NFL teams as an accuracy consultant.

You could save them millions of dollars on analytics and scouts by simply watching some college games and send them a one word report on if the prospect is an elite, accurate and inaccurate QB before they draft them.

Think about it you could be the Accuracy Guru. . 🤣

Edited by dashoe
3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

No it isnt, if your eyes are that good then you should contract yourself to NFL teams as an accuracy consultant.

You could save them millions of dollars on analytics and scouts by simply watching some college games and send them a one word report on if the prospect is an elite, accurate and inaccurate QB before they draft them.

Think about it you could be the Accuracy Guru. . 🤣

😄

so only scouts can see the obvious. good one

Just now, Chippa said:

Qualifications? Now we need qualifications here? Lmao peace

Obviously we do need qualifications since you qualified yourself as you "watch a ton of Ravens games".

Make up your mind dude on where you are trying to go dude because right now your tank only has $1 worth of gas in it . . 🤣

5 hours ago, Chippa said:

remember when one of the posters here said Lamar had "elite" accuracy? 

wew lad

check out that pro bowl accuracy competition

"why should lamar even care about this" 

my man lamar... just needs more time

spacer.png

Or, you know, he really doesn’t need more time....

“Jackson was a top-five player at the position in terms of PFF passing grade, and while he didn’t become the most accurate passer in the NFL — he’s never likely to be Drew Brees — he didn’t need to be. He just needed to add to the danger he already posed on the ground, which, if anything, also went to new heights. 

As a passer, he ended the season with the fourth-best passer rating from a clean pocket (118.5). He also ranked 14th in adjusted completion percentage just one year after finishing 28th of 29 qualifiers in the same metric.“

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-baltimore-ravens-lamar-jackson-2019-pff-offensive-player-of-the-year

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Chippa said:

spacer.png

Don't mind him.  He's just butthurt that Rivers > She-Li Manning

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Or, you know, he really doesn’t need more time....

“Jackson was a top-five player at the position in terms of PFF passing grade, and while he didn’t become the most accurate passer in the NFL — he’s never likely to be Drew Brees — he didn’t need to be. He just needed to add to the danger he already posed on the ground, which, if anything, also went to new heights. 

As a passer, he ended the season with the fourth-best passer rating from a clean pocket (118.5). He also ranked 14th in adjusted completion percentage just one year after finishing 28th of 29 qualifiers in the same metric.“

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-baltimore-ravens-lamar-jackson-2019-pff-offensive-player-of-the-year

You do know that quantifiable FACTS  don't matter to someone watches a "ton of Ravens games" and uses the "eye test". 🤣

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

You do know that quantifiable FACTS  don't matter to someone watches a "ton of Ravens games" and uses the "eye test". 🤣

You are right about that.  Reality can be hard to accept for some.