Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 I think it's a bit of a moot point to say that the 2018 MVP and current SB MVP is the best in the league. Saying he is "far superior" to ALL other QB's a bit silly. Somehow I think Big ben, Brady,Brees,Rodgers and even Rivers would have done very well if you plugged them into the KC offense. 

Why do people seem to forget how talented this offense was for years across the board even when Alex Smith was the QB? 🤣

1.  What is a “bit of a moot point”?

2.  Why do people seem to forget how many different aspects Lamar brings to the game beyond just “pass the ball”?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m worried that his quad may tighten up tomorrow and won’t be right next week.   exploring other options

Benched again...wish I had a QB who could play the entire game! Might try to find one of those interchangeable ones on the waiver wire for next week. 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

 I think it's a bit of a moot point to say that the 2018 MVP and current SB MVP is the best in the league. Saying he is "far superior" to ALL other QB's a bit silly. Somehow I think Big ben, Brady,Brees,Rodgers and even Rivers would have done very well if you plugged them into the KC offense. 

Why do people seem to forget how talented this offense was for years across the board even when Alex Smith was the QB? 🤣

Ladies and gentlemen, dashoe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BMcP said:

1.  What is a “bit of a moot point”?

2.  Why do people seem to forget how many different aspects Lamar brings to the game beyond just “pass the ball”?

I too admire your persistance of being team captain of the Lamar defense force

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I too admire your persistance of being team captain of the Lamar defense force

Would you like to share why it is that Lamar requires any form of “defense”?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BMcP said:

Would you like to share why it is that Lamar requires any form of “defense”?

you should be asking yourself that. I'm quite sleepy right now, as it is currently 11:14pm EST, so I shall bid you farewell m'lady

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

you should be asking yourself that. I'm quite sleepy right now, as it is currently 11:14pm EST, so I shall bid you farewell m'lady

Cool and the Gang, dude.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't realize far superior meant having a worse completion percentage, worse rating, worse QBR, and 1000 yards less rushing. However, he did have more passing yards on 83 more attempts (one less game) and one less pick so maybe you all are hanging your hat on that?

 

You all seem to forget how mediocre he was this year. He peaked at the right time which is what you want but I'm still standing by him not being "far superior". 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes might be the only QB in the league who doesn't get questioned by a lot of people because of how often he throws to receivers who are wide the heck open. I mean, sometimes it's unbelievable how wide open KC's receivers are. There's rarely a tight window throw. I'm not saying you should question him because of that, it's just an observation. 

 

And someone asked me a question about Baltimore and RPOs. I don't have a statistical breakdown on how often they run them, that's just me watching their all 22. But you can even see on game highlights of theirs that you rarely see an RPO. That slant route to Hollywood for a TD against The Dolphins was an RPO though. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 10:27 PM, Chippa said:

You know what, you’re not wrong there. I’ll give you that one. Wilson’s a stud

 

What limits Wilsons ability to put up gaudy passing stats is Petey boys slavish devotion to running the ball even when his defense is not up to the level of it's previous status.

i do think however that slavish devotion to running the ball and the willingness to physically sacrifice rb's yearly to a body punishing running attack will prolong Wilsons career so he will have HOF passing numbers over the length of his career comparable to  pass heavy QB's.  Wilson could probably beat Brady's record on longevity.

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

What limits Wilsons ability to put up gaudy passing stats is Petey boys slavish devotion to running the ball even when his defense is not up to the level of it's previous status.

i do think however that slavish devotion to running the ball and the willingness to physically sacrifice rb's yearly to a body punishing running attack will prolong Wilsons career so he will have HOF passing numbers over the length of his career comparable to  pass heavy QB's.  Wilson could probably beat Brady's record on longevity.

 

Russ is probably a HOF lock already.

 

If Eli makes it and Russ doesn't, something is seriously wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Terrible Mechanics, No WR weapons besides Marquise Brown and I guess Andrews, plays steelers twice, will probably cost a top 30 pick, no thanks. 

He's easily a top 10 pick, and he broke the all time fantasy scoring record from any player all with broken mechanics and no WR help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

He's easily a top 10 pick, and he broke the all time fantasy scoring record from any player all with broken mechanics and no WR help.

You go ahead and spend a top 10 pick on him. Mhmm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 1:44 AM, pushaZ said:

He's easily a top 10 pick, and he broke the all time fantasy scoring record from any player all with broken mechanics and no WR help.


hard pass on Lamar in the first.   But I get it.  Someone in about every league will do it.    
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:


hard pass on Lamar in the first.   But I get it.  Someone in about every league will do it.    
 

 

 

This. The only way I would feel comfortable drafting him in the first in normal 1QB .5ppr leagues is:

1 - I expect him to put up similar numbers

2 - I don't expect the league to adjust as they often do

3 - I expect him to play a full 16 games again rushing as much as he does

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sSektor said:

 

This. The only way I would feel comfortable drafting him in the first in normal 1QB .5ppr leagues is:

1 - I expect him to put up similar numbers

2 - I don't expect the league to adjust as they often do

3 - I expect him to play a full 16 games again rushing as much as he does

Hell if somebody thinks all three of those things will happen he should be a top 3 pick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Hell if somebody thinks all three of those things will happen he should be a top 3 pick.  

I don’t see how Nos. 2 and 3 couldn’t just be subsumed into No. 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...