Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

15 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

nah, don't get me wrong here, i salute the "YOLO!!!" yobs who will bareback this cat ... more respect for those daredevils than the hedgers who are too scred to back their gut up with some sack. 

Ya bro totally back your gut with some sack and don't be scred to bareback this cat bro!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BMcP said:

I guess he ended up with the Cards a few weeks after his tryout.  Point being, they really didn’t have any good receivers last season.

John Brown is actually pretty good. Lamar misses throws and doesn't like to throw into coverage often.

This will give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

Edited by lbjames6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Fire up this dude as my QB this weekend over Russell Wilson. 

Will do.  You’re welcome.

[...] Really optimistic on Lamar this season, and his first 6 games (@MIA, AZ, @KC, CLE, @PIT, CIN) All feel like they could be high scoring affairs, getting him off to a very nice start to the season. The AFC North finally isn't looking like a defensive slug fest this year.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

On 9/5/2019 at 7:58 AM, Mr_Baller said:

Fire up this dude as my QB this weekend over Russell Wilson. 

I'm debating the same question, probably should just go with the one playing at home

Best QB in the league. He showed his potential last year, not sure how you guys could bench him. He's my only QB in both of my leagues. He's a league winner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You can say this was just the matchup, but he kind of doesn’t face a lights out defense all year as far as we know. Looks like this year’s Mahomes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eg4190 said:

You can say this was just the matchup, but he kind of doesn’t face a lights out defense all year as far as we know. Looks like this year’s Mahomes.

His schedule is amazing pretty much start to finish. Really seem him as a top QB option this season if he can stay on the field. 

16 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Excited to be on this train.  Anyone think this is similar to Mahomes season last year or was it just Miami’s defense was that bad?

Not enough data but he should be a qb1 easy. This game padded his stats enough to get there already.

Miami is a flaming Trainwreck. What an embarrassing loss and to be down 35-0 At home in the first quarter. If I were a good player I wouldn't give a crap at all. They're just collecting paychecks and counting down the days. 

We will see when lamar plays an average defense

26 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Excited to be on this train.  Anyone think this is similar to Mahomes season last year or was it just Miami’s defense was that bad?

Miami is a dumpster fire. He will be relevant in fantasy but no way he puts up Mahomes like last year #’s

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

If you have to ask, maybe you should just drop him. No it won't be Mahomes. It will be LJax. If you're not all in then be all out. Start Matt Ryan. LJax doesn't have time for your questions. He will go off again next week. 

Edited by mbell317

Perfect storm if you ask me. There will be tougher games without many passing attempts and maybe some picks, but then LJax has the ability to safe the day with his legs. Imo only injury can stop him from a QB1 finish. Shapes up the be a great value pick for those who got him fairly late in drafts. Showed patience in the pocket, poise and accuracy in tight coverage. Even though the Dolphins suck, you can tell LJax has taken the next step from his rookie season.

Miami are terrible, but Ravens played it very well.

At least teams now know if they give Lamar the opportunity to throw the ball he can potentially hurt them. Not saying he always will, but there wont be any assumptions from opposing D's that stacked boxes = quiet LJax.

It was important they established this knowledge early. Now he has to be treated as a genuine dual-threat. 

4 hours ago, Tghetty said:

Miami is a dumpster fire. He will be relevant in fantasy but no way he puts up Mahomes like last year #’s

He doesn't need to be similar to mahomes numbers to put up a similar total of points number. It's called rushing and rushing TDs 

• Like 1

Miami sucks but how do you not start him confidently as a top 5 QB next week? He didn't even need to utilize his 'safe floor' running ability. His schedule looks great as well. It's ok to be hyped about this guy moving forward. 

6 hours ago, Tghetty said:

He doesn’t have to match Mahomes’ 2018 numbers to be this year’s Mahomes. Most years the #1 fantasy QB doesn’t throw 50 TDs. In order to justify his 2nd/3rd round ADP, Mahomes needs to throw 50 TDs again. L-Jax just needs to outperform most of the QBs drafted before him, because that means his owners stocked up on the other skill positions while people were reaching on names like Rodgers and Cam. And then there are his legs, which he didn’t even need to use against that pathetic Miami defense.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this was a fantastic throw or a very stupid idea which turned into a TD because of Miami being trash.

12 minutes ago, dorwell said:

I'm not sure if this was a fantastic throw or a very stupid idea which turned into a TD because of Miami being trash.

Into any type of coverage off of his back foot and yes that would have been stupid, even if it was completed.  But he didn't, he threw his man open, which IMO makes it a fantastic throw.

• Like 1