Sign in to follow this  
soccerphysio

Replacing Trea Turner...

Who would you guys pick up?  (I can shift Mondesi to SS from 2B, so I can pick up a player from either position):

Wong

Beckham

Hampson

McMahon

McNeil

Thanks guys!

Edited by soccerphysio

Hampson gets you closest to Turner. McNeil may be the safe bet here, but I'd still go Hampson as a Turner hedge.

Help here?

• Like 1

Hampson has the SB upside but he hasn’t done anything this season yet nor has he received regular playing time even with Murphys injury. I would monitor his usage when they’re not receiving the DH playing in the AL. If he’s regularly in the lineup I would grab him and hope he produces. 

• Like 1

I like hampsons skill but the Rockies front office is extremely old school (anti sabermetric) and they often cling on to veterans. Would be worried about playing time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soccerphysio said:

Who would you guys pick up?  (I can shift Mondesi to SS from 2B, so I can pick up a player from either position):

Wong

Beckham

Hampson

McMahon

McNeil

Thanks guys!

McNeil would be my top choice out of these guys, followed by Wong.  Most would rank Beckham right with Wong, but I think Hampson has a solid chance to be better than him over the next month if he can somehow fend off the aging Mark Reynolds when having to play 1B while Murphy is out (in addition to splitting PT at 2B with McMahon).  I would use Mondesi at short though and grab McNeil if he is available.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soccerphysio said:

Wong

Beckham

Hampson

McMahon

McNeil

Thanks guys!

Hampson has by far the most upside. The other 4 are all solid if unspectacular options. 

If you can only choose one, I might grab Wong, who has carried over a strong 2nd half last season. But if I’m you I look for another cut and add Hampson. Might be tough to start now, but he’s the one you’ll want. 

• Like 1