urban2014

Sterling Shepard 2019 Outlook

I love me some Sterling Shepard, but he is one hit away from retirement.  He'll probably do enough to ruin Slayton until then though. :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WaiverWireGuru said:

Drop Slayton for him or does Slayton have a chance to steal the #1 role?

Yeah that's what im wondering at this point since I picked up Slayton.

He seems like a guy whose season is lost.  I dumped him last week for Debo.  Shepard has high talent and upside, but if he plays think he is a risk to get pulled early.  Not even sure he plays this week.  

Any news?? Waivers run tonight, need to know if Slayon or Shephard are worth that juicy Weeks 14-16 schedule.

27 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Any news?? Waivers run tonight, need to know if Slayon or Shephard are worth that juicy Weeks 14-16 schedule.

Thought he was practicing. That info makes him worth the risk. No one knows for sure though 

Really shocked he is playing again this season.  I could be wrong but doesn't he have 3 concussions this season with 2 in back to back weeks?? In a lost season the Giants shouldn't even consider letting him see the field.

12 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Really shocked he is playing again this season.  I could be wrong but doesn't he have 3 concussions this season with 2 in back to back weeks?? In a lost season the Giants shouldn't even consider letting him see the field.

Two this year within 3 weeks of each other. The scary part is not only his NFL history with concussions but his history dating back to high school. Just imagine this over the course of his entire football life. He should not be playing again this season. There is really no reason for it. The Giants aren't in any kind of playoff race. The only thing I can think of are incentives he wants to reach in his contract. But then that would be even more reason for the Giants to shut him down.

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Two this year within 3 weeks of each other. The scary part is not only his NFL history with concussions but his history dating back to high school. Just imagine this over the course of his entire football life. He should not be playing again this season. There is really no reason for it. The Giants aren't in any kind of playoff race. The only thing I can think of are incentives he wants to reach in his contract. But then that would be even more reason for the Giants to shut him down.

source.gif

prescient words ...

the kid needs to reassess - but you can bet if he's cleared, he'll beg to play - dodgy sitch, and that gif you inserted is spot on, if not a bit less violent than what actually goes on during a concussion inducing noggin knock.  

1 hour ago, RyanK said:

I think Slayton has a better connection with Jones....I also think if Shephard get hit even remotely hard he might get another concussion...For the weeks 14-16 IMO Slayton is the better play

2 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Juicy playoff schedule:  PHI / MIA / WAS

For Tate, Slayton and Engram (if healthy).  Shepard is still in concussion protocol correct?

7 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

For Tate, Slayton and Engram (if healthy).  Shepard is still in concussion protocol correct?

Yes, but somehow he's practicing "in full".

Yes, practicing in full and it's expected that he'll be cleared this week as long as there are no setbacks in practice.

Debating him as a pickup as I need a plug and play receiver for this week.  Really tough to bet on Sterling though in a tough matchup and considering he's missed the last handful of games.  He could have his snaps limited and could be one hit away from retirement.

Still intriguing though as he's done pretty well when he's on the field.

I grabbed him in one league. I could use him this week as my flex [...] but will probably hold and see how he looks. Been out a few weeks, tough match up, suddenly crowded WR group.....

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

anyone taking on a shot on him this week?

Sterling Shepard (concussion) wasn't listed on the Giants' final injury report for Week 12 against the Bears.

CB Janoris Jenkins and LT Nate Solder were also left off the final report, suggesting all three have cleared the concussion protocol. This will be Shepard's first game action since Week 5. He was a target hog early in the year (nine targets in three of his four appearances), though much of his production came while Golden Tate was serving a four-game suspension. Even with Tate a threat to his workload, Shepard should still warrant WR3 consideration in most formats.

tate looking like he might miss this week.  any thoughts on how that would effect sterling?  back to being target hog?

23 minutes ago, herschel said:

tate looking like he might miss this week.  any thoughts on how that would effect sterling?  back to being target hog?

Without Engram I don't see how he could possibly get less than 8 targets. My concern would be him staying healthy for the entire game. I think a fair expectation is around 6 for 80 with like a 30% shot at a TD. 

• Like 2

Tate and Engram out. Expect them playing from behind against an angry Packers team.

Think he could be a sneaky start today.

Only worried about weather. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

2 hours ago, Tomy said:

Manning is back... good or bad thing for Sterling ??

Just guessing but probably better for Sterling than Slayton.  Engram will probably benefit the most though...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomy said:

Manning is back... good or bad thing for Sterling ??

excellent, if only by attrition, because Eli basically neuters any effectiveness Slayton had prior. 

Eli back is good for Shepard but it's still gonna be a huge net downgrade with both Tate and Engram likely back.