WestTexasGM

Daily prospect performance updates

26 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Stumbled across this today. Seems to be a running power ranking of minor leaguers, but I'm not sure how often it updates. I do like that it shows the age and AB/IP per level. 

https://www.rosterresource.com/milb-power-rankings/

nice resource... i just wish they displayed stats so that we can see why they are ranked as they are.. but may be nitpicky.  nice find nonethless

Carter Kieboom 2-4 1HR, 4RBI, 2Runs, 1BB, 1K.

Now up to .381/.490/.667 not including a suspended game in which he homered.  Outside of a K% that is higher than his usual level (29.4%), hes been phenomenal.  If he can cut that down a bit and with Dozier wetting himself up at the MLB level, we might see this kid sooner than anticipated.

• Like 2

Cristian Pache, AA, Braves - 2/5 with a 3b, 2rbi, 1r, 2k

Hitting .341  with a .974 OPS.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2019 at 6:01 AM, JohnR said:

who is La Pantera?

Thanks so much for asking.  How the hell am I suppose to know some silly nickname.

Again can we have the FULL REAL NAME, organization, minor league level.  If you want to throw in age and some guess at ETA that would be icing on the cake.

God I wish there was a template here where people would have to fill this stuff in.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gavin Lux (LAD AA 2B/SS) 2-4 2B, HR.  He is really off to a great start.  Still a question if he will remain a SS or move over to the keystone, but the bat certainly will play at both.  Barring an injury and the Dodgers feeling he is ready, his ETA is probably a cup of coffee in September and possibly a role in '20.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Thanks so much for asking.  How the hell am I suppose to know some silly nickname.

Agreed.  You can't expect everyone to be up to date on prospect nicknames. Gingergaard is my favorite nickname in the minors though (Dustin May)

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2019 at 3:20 PM, mavsfan23 said:

Stumbled across this today. Seems to be a running power ranking of minor leaguers, but I'm not sure how often it updates. I do like that it shows the age and AB/IP per level. 

https://www.rosterresource.com/milb-power-rankings/

It's interesting but a pretty weird list. Probably best used for guys to watch list.

Zac Gallen (SP AAA Marlins). The breakout continues.  5.2IP, 2hits, 0ER, 1BB, 6Ks.  I started a thread on this guy, you can check out some of the recent reports.  He is picking up on his second half from last year.

• Like 3

Michael Chavis (2B/3B AAA Red Sox).  1-3 HR (4) and BB.  Playing 3B again tonight though they have given him looks at 2B this year too.  Interesting to see Pedroia leave tonight's game grimacing in pain with knee soreness.  Keep an eye on Chavis getting a call up if he keeps hitting, imo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Again can we have the FULL REAL NAME, organization, minor league level.  If you want to throw in age and some guess at ETA that would be icing on the cake.

God I wish there was a template here where people would have to fill this stuff in.

La Pantera is life, is love, is our reason for getting up in the morning.

He is also Luis Robert. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ronny Mauricio NYM 4-5, 1R. Batting .346 on the year.

Taylor Trammell CIN 1-2, 1HR, 2BB. Batting .351 on the year.

Oscar Mercado CLE 3-4, 1RBI, 1BB, 4SB (!). Batting .302 on the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Carter Kieboom - SS WSH, 3 for 3, 4 Runs,1 RBI, 2 BB.  This kid is scorching.

Bo Bichette - SS TOR, 2 for 4, 1 Run, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K.  Hes starting to really turn it on after a slow start.  His turnaround almost completely coincides with the return of Vlad.  Coincidence?

Edited by Dahk
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 5:57 PM, brockpapersizer said:

It's interesting but a pretty weird list. Probably best used for guys to watch list.

Agreed, and I imagine early in the year it's probably going to be less useful and have a lot of fluctuation. But I looked at the end of 2018 version, and it's not bad. Mid-season it could be a nice way to uncover some potential risers, or at least an easy way to find where to start looking. The end of year lists are at the top for the previous three years. 

8 minutes ago, davidgoretiz said:

3 hitless innings in his last start as well. 

No hits is nice, but can't be walking 4 guys in 2.2IP in the majors that's a death blow to your ERA and WHIP.

Jazz Chisholm (SS DBacks AA) - 1-3 HR BB.  JChizz has started the year off slow after an aggressive assignment by the DBacks, but I'm not too concerned about the early season numbers.  Most importantly is whether or not he cuts down his Ks.  If he can keep his K rate under control you could be looking at a future fantasy stud at SS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Luis Robert: 3-5, 2B, HR

He's got 6 homers, 6 steals, and a wrc+ above 300 through 13 games. 

that is insane.  Get him up to double A now...