urban2014

Aaron Rodgers 2019 Outlook

Is this guy guaranteed to go off vs the Giants. I'm in a must win spot this week and scared as hell to start him despite the matchup. 

7 hours ago, ree10 said:

Is this guy guaranteed to go off vs the Giants. I'm in a must win spot this week and scared as hell to start him despite the matchup. 

About as guaranteed as Matt Ryan was last week

Surprised nobody is talking about Rodgers lately.  He's been abysmal to own as a fantasy QB.  Take away the Giants game last week, and in the other four most recent game he has a combined THREE touchdowns and 173 passing YPG.  It's even worse in my league that penalizes -1 for sacks taken.  This was a prime matchup for him and he couldn't do a damn thing.  It wasn't even that they were just running all over the Redskins, but he was holding the ball for what felt like forever every drop back.

If you've survived despite this guy as of late are you trusting him against the Bears?

19 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Surprised nobody is talking about Rodgers lately.  He's been abysmal to own as a fantasy QB.  Take away the Giants game last week, and in the other four most recent game he has a combined THREE touchdowns and 173 passing YPG.  It's even worse in my league that penalizes -1 for sacks taken.  This was a prime matchup for him and he couldn't do a damn thing.  It wasn't even that they were just running all over the Redskins, but he was holding the ball for what felt like forever every drop back.

If you've survived despite this guy as of late are you trusting him against the Bears?

I dropped him before his explosion against Oakland and I only regretted it that week. The upside just isn’t there with any consistency and the team is content to grind games with running and defense. I think he’s a decent start agains the bears but he’s in the streamer range of QBs for me. 

Benching the 🧀 head for Tanny this week no question about it

Rodgers looks lost at times, sometimes like he has no clue, I’m not risking that in Chi town this week in my semis 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Benching the 🧀 head for Tanny this week no question about it

Rodgers looks lost at times, sometimes like he has no clue, I’m not risking that in Chi town this week in my semis 

I don't think he looks lost at all, and I don't think he is. He's just not quite the 'alpha male' he used to be - he has a nonchalant attitude and is much more willing to throw the ball away rather than make something out of nothing. He's perfectly happy to robotically hand the ball off if the game looks remotely winnable. 

And who can blame him, I suppose. His defense is better than it's been in a while and he's 10-3. There's simply no incentive to push the envelope and by God - he won't.

It will be interesting to see if he can flip that switch when he needs to in January after having a relatively uneventful year at the office.But fantasy-wise obviously he's been a bust imo.

Never thought in my 2 QB league I'd be rolling Eli and Tannehill in the semis.  ARod and Rivers can sit this one out.

In my keeper, I’m the only person whose ever owned Rodgers.  Now that I’m eliminated yet again, I’m thinking if I can’t move him this off-season, I might just let him go. His advancing age and transition to being a game manager just doesn’t provide the fantasy upside anymore. 

2 hours ago, Bandito said:

In my keeper, I’m the only person whose ever owned Rodgers.  Now that I’m eliminated yet again, I’m thinking if I can’t move him this off-season, I might just let him go. His advancing age and transition to being a game manager just doesn’t provide the fantasy upside anymore. 

In my 12 team 3 keeper I kept AR too (along w/ DJ and ODB) finished #11th as you might imagine.  

No way I can keep AR again and he's got zero trade value.

• Like 1

SOOOOO afraid to bench cheese head this week. I have another top option in Tannehill but my gut says Rodgers is going to kick A this week!

Bears pass D good but I think overrated

Daniel Jones looked good, Goff did not, but he has not all year nor did he look good vs his previous opponent nor after Chicago

Prescott looked great last week, could have easily had 350/2 vs Bears

So why is Rodgers not going to have 250+ and 2-3 TD's this week?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rotoguy74 said:

SOOOOO afraid to bench cheese head this week. I have another top option in Tannehill but my gut says Rodgers is going to kick A this week!

Bears pass D good but I think overrated

Daniel Jones looked good, Goff did not, but he has not all year nor did he look good vs his previous opponent nor after Chicago

Prescott looked great last week, could have easily had 350/2 vs Bears

So why is Rodgers not going to have 250+ and 2-3 TD's this week?

Same boat as you. I would rather lose with Rodgers than someone else, I am starting with confidence as a top 8 play this week

HUGE let down from Aaron Rodgers this week! [...] Thanks Aaron!!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Gonna shred the vikings. Good QB's this year have put up nice numbers, see no reason to think Rodgers will not have a 25 point game

5 minutes ago, RolandoRoomes said:

Gonna shred the vikings. Good QB's this year have put up nice numbers, see no reason to think Rodgers will not have a 25 point game

He's not good anymore and LaFleur's offense, adaptability, and play calling are a joke. And Rodgers has lost some accuracy