urban2014

Aaron Rodgers 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

People call that kind of attitude "competitive" as long as the team has success and is winning. When the team has issues and is losing it is considered toxic and poor leadership. Optics.

If it matters, I thought he was a dick when they were winning too.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

If it matters, I thought he was a dick when they were winning too.

Oh he certainly was. But you just don't hear about the issues when they are winning.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Oh he certainly was. But you just don't hear about the issues when they are winning.

This is true. Pittsburgh is another perfect example. 

9 hours ago, devaster said:

I did. ARod has always been an egomaniac and kind of a douche. Thought most people feel this way tbh. 

• Thanks 1

So Davante Adams might be a really good player to have in 2019.  I have never known anyone to get back out of Aaron Rodgers's doghouse, not even his own brother and parents.  

1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

4900 yards and 53 tds for Rodgers this year.

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he can throw for 53tds in 14 games...

...go bearzzz 

• Thanks 1

Rodgers has been outside the top 5 fantasy scoring QB's (per game) in 3 of the 4 most recent seasons - 2015 #9, 2016 #1, 2017 #7, 2018 #9.  Now they're getting LaFleur as the new HC fresh off his dreadful stint as the OC for TEN.  The team has Davante at WR and then a bunch of question marks (including the TE position).  Rodger's recent production doesn't match the ADP.  Rodgers is no slam dunk IMO and there's no way he's on any of my teams for 2019.

24 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Rodgers has been outside the top 5 fantasy scoring QB's (per game) in 3 of the 4 most recent seasons - 2015 #9, 2016 #1, 2017 #7, 2018 #9. 

Rodgers was 5th in ppg in 2017. #1 was watson (with his crazy 5 game stretch) so ppg wise rodgers was fine and in 2018 he played with a knee Injury that I'd say most players would've sat out atleast 3 or 4 weeks. Your right hes no slam dunk but I wouldnt stress it. Alot of guys have him as the 3rd qb behing luck and mahomes. Really has me wanting to pick up rodgers even tho I know its dumb and late round QB Is the way to go. But this may be the only time ya get to draft rodgers without needing him to be qb1 to fulfill his draft cost. I'd be more worried about rodgers staying healthy than his level of play.

Edited by Stonej14

3 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Rodgers has been outside the top 5 fantasy scoring QB's (per game) in 3 of the 4 most recent seasons - 2015 #9, 2016 #1, 2017 #7, 2018 #9.  Now they're getting LaFleur as the new HC fresh off his dreadful stint as the OC for TEN.  The team has Davante at WR and then a bunch of question marks (including the TE position).  Rodger's recent production doesn't match the ADP.  Rodgers is no slam dunk IMO and there's no way he's on any of my teams for 2019.

when it comes to picking my Qb I don't look at a ppg average for the season. I look at what do they consistently produce weekly with the highest floor.  I hate it ig my starting QB gives me 30pts one week then 11 the next.

i recall Rodgers has one of the highest consistent floors week to week which makes him valuable. 

3 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Rodgers was 5th in ppg in 2017. #1 was watson (with his crazy 5 game stretch) so ppg wise rodgers was fine and in 2018 he played with a knee Injury that I'd say most players would've sat out atleast 3 or 4 weeks. Your right hes no slam dunk but I wouldnt stress it. Alot of guys have him as the 3rd qb behing luck and mahomes. Really has me wanting to pick up rodgers even tho I know its dumb and late round QB Is the way to go. But this may be the only time ya get to draft rodgers without needing him to be qb1 to fulfill his draft cost. I'd be more worried about rodgers staying healthy than his level of play.

13 minutes ago, dashoe said:

when it comes to picking my Qb I don't look at a ppg average for the season. I look at what do they consistently produce weekly with the highest floor.  I hate it ig my starting QB gives me 30pts one week then 11 the next.

i recall Rodgers has one of the highest consistent floors week to week which makes him valuable. 

My Rodgers fade for 2019 is more based on his weak supporting cast (outside of Davante) and new HC LaFleur, who's an offensive dud IMO.  I was using the past 4 years fantasy  finishes to illustrate that Rodgers hasn't been as great as he's perceived to have been by most.  He's been drafted as the #1 or 2 QB and that has not paid off except for 2016.  Taking him as a top 3 QB in 2019 is a mistake IMO.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 8:49 PM, devaster said:

People call that kind of attitude "competitive" as long as the team has success and is winning. When the team has issues and is losing it is considered toxic and poor leadership. Optics.

Yeah well never a shortage of stupid people around. There is a professional class act way to lead a team and a dickbag no-class way. If a talented QB wins and is a dick, he's still a dick. If a talented QB doesn't win but does whatever he can to lead, to mentor, etc and doesn't act like he's always right or otherwise act like a spoiled child whenever things don't go or aren't done his way, he's a class act. That's water is wet stuff folks. 

Back to fantasy stuff. :) Why were his TDs down last year? I confess I had no GB players and I didn't pay much attention. I am more than a little concerned teams will key on Adams as there's no one else to worry about much otherwise receiving and they lost Cobb.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 4:32 PM, J.T. Marlin said:

Taking him as a top 3 QB in 2019 is a mistake IMO.

I think very few people have him in their top 3.  Top 5, maybe. He would seem to be the good to QB to grab that won't cost you too much if you're spending elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, bomont said:

I think very few people have him in their top 3.  Top 5, maybe. He would seem to be the good to QB to grab that won't cost you too much if you're spending elsewhere.

Really who would be the 3 infront of him. 

Mahomes, luck, and Watson? 

Rodgers has averaged 3900 yards and 30 tds a season for the last 11 years and that includes him missing 20 games due to injury or a last game of the season resting. Plus the 300 or so rushing yards and a couple rushing TDs. Hard for me to keep him out of the top 3. He, to me, is for sure a top 5 guy.

Yes those 3. Top 5 is reasonable but not a lock, I could make a case for having Mayfield and Brees ahead of him. Really I'm OK with any of those 5.

1 minute ago, bomont said:

Yes those 3. Top 5 is reasonable but not a lock, I could make a case for having Mayfield and Brees ahead of him. Really I'm OK with any of those 5.

I think the days of drew brees being top 5 are over and Baker definitely could. Has all the tools around him that's for sure. Big Ben could have to throw for 5000 yards again and Matt Ryan is always ready to throw 40 times a game and Russell Wilson has been the #1 qb before so several guys could bump Rodgers. But I'd take Rodgers over everyone except luck. I think mahomes will come down to earth a little and Rodgers is ready be spiteful and make McCarthy look like an idiot.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2019 at 3:11 PM, dashoe said:

Bingo, this dude was steady eddy last year, in the worst of situations, I'm ready for him to,ball out this season

On 5/9/2019 at 12:18 PM, Stonej14 said:

What do u mean stay healthy?  He didn't miss a game last year, that's with a blue whale landing on his knee while he was laid up on a sperm whale, this guy will play thru anything

9 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I think the days of drew brees being top 5 are over and Baker definitely could. Has all the tools around him that's for sure. Big Ben could have to throw for 5000 yards again and Matt Ryan is always ready to throw 40 times a game and Russell Wilson has been the #1 qb before so several guys could bump Rodgers. But I'd take Rodgers over everyone except luck. I think mahomes will come down to earth a little and Rodgers is ready be spiteful and make McCarthy look like an idiot.

Interesting. Why do you think Brees' top 5 days are over but Rodgers' aren't, esp when Brees has far superior weapons?  

Ryan however I do think is 2d tier. He puts up the yds but his TDs on avg are way less. 

11 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

What do u mean stay healthy?  He didn't miss a game last year, that's with a blue whale landing on his knee while he was laid up on a sperm whale, this guy will play thru anything

Well he sure didnt play thru that broken collar bone 2 years ago lol. And his knee def hampered his play for a while. Guy couldnt be mobile or step into his passes like he usually does for a few games. That's how they lost to the Redskins. But he is tough as nails. Not afraid to get hit by anyone and holds the ball as long as he needs. Most guys wouldn't have even tried to step on the field for a few weeks after that knee and he didnt miss a quarter. Oh and hes the best qb to ever play the game. 

13 minutes ago, bomont said:

Interesting. Why do you think Brees' top 5 days are over but Rodgers' aren't, esp when Brees has far superior weapons?  

Ryan however I do think is 2d tier. He puts up the yds but his TDs on avg are way less. 

I think the saints have just changed their approach on offense and have a much better defense. 3 years ago (the last time brees was top 5) the Sean payton was still all about leading the league in passing and they had a awful defense so they needed to score to win. Now however while they were 16th in passing and have leaned more on a good rushing attack and have a top notch defense. And Rodgers will be top 5 and brees won't cuss Rodgers is the best qb to ever play the game. 

Ryan is 2nd tier to me as well. In the last 4 years hes thrown over 35 tds twice and under 21 tds twice. Ya got a 50-50 shot on getting a top 5 guy or a average guy... oh and incase I forgot to say it Rodgers is the best. 

If you want to start a "best QB ever" thread, please do so and leave such pointless debates there. :) Frankly I couldn't care less as it has zero influence on draft day. 

As for an improving D knocking down numbers, it seems to me GB has done a lot to improve the D this year, wondering how that might impact. And Brees put up 32 TDs last year to Rodgers' 25 despite that better D.

Oh hell let me just flip this coin.......

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bomont said:

As for an improving D knocking down numbers, it seems to me GB has done a lot to improve the D this year, wondering how that might impact. And Brees put up 32 TDs last year to Rodgers' 25 despite that better D.

True but improving a defense from awful to terrible isnt gon a help much lol

Tds are fine but I just want the fantasy points. Rodgers played on one leg and finished the qb7. Him being healthy should improve his stats.

To be honest tho if I had to draft one it would probably be brees. Get him cheaper. And he will for sure be a qb1. Also been more healthy. I just think Rodgers will finish higher. 

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

Really who would be the 3 infront of him. 

Mahomes, luck, and Watson? 

Rodgers has averaged 3900 yards and 30 tds a season for the last 11 years and that includes him missing 20 games due to injury or a last game of the season resting. Plus the 300 or so rushing yards and a couple rushing TDs. Hard for me to keep him out of the top 3. He, to me, is for sure a top 5 guy.

Over the last 3 years? Pretty much half the NFL.

image.png.c3b1297c495b495d61524dc47cf0829e.png