urban2014

Aaron Rodgers 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, dicka24 said:

It's been a very frustrating fantasy start for Rodgers owners like me.  I want to sell, but you know he's going to get his before the seasons over. the 30 point games will come the moment I ship him out of town for 60 cents on the dollar.  I took Rodgers at the turn in the 7th round as the 4th QB off the board and thought I scored.  Welp....

Hold him for what? Weeks 14 and 15 fantasy playoffs are against the Bears and Vikings. He's just not very good as a fantasy producer anymore. 

Again, Rodgers looks great to me. Arm strength is there. Accuracy has been mildly concerning, but overall not too shabby. He’s still the same old Rodgers. The packers have been trailing for probably like 5 minutes all season. They have been in control of every game, and haven’t needed Rodgers’ heroics like they typically do. If that keeps up, they will coast to a super bowl. Newsflash: that won’t keep up. 

We should see more of a shootout this Thursday night. Rodgers’ lack of production thus far has nothing to do with him getting older or waning talent. It’s due to game script, playing against great defenses, great defense by the packers, and playing against struggling offenses. It has kind of been the perfect storm for fantasy underperformance. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Again, Rodgers looks great to me. Arm strength is there. Accuracy has been mildly concerning, but overall not too shabby. He’s still the same old Rodgers. The packers have been trailing for probably like 5 minutes all season. They have been in control of every game, and haven’t needed Rodgers’ heroics like they typically do. If that keeps up, they will coast to a super bowl. Newsflash: that won’t keep up. 

We should see more of a shootout this Thursday night. Rodgers’ lack of production thus far has nothing to do with him getting older or waning talent. It’s due to game script, playing against great defenses, great defense by the packers, and playing against struggling offenses. It has kind of been the perfect storm for fantasy underperformance. 

Yeah yeah yeah, we know.  Doesn't matter to us fake footballers though.  What we know is he's not producing for us.  Don't care why, don't care if it makes sense in real football, it just doesn't matter.  Right now he sucks at fantasy football and that's what really matters

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TommyKramer said:

Yeah yeah yeah, we know.  Doesn't matter to us fake footballers though.  What we know is he's not producing for us.  Don't care why, don't care if it makes sense in real football, it just doesn't matter.  Right now he sucks at fantasy football and that's what really matters

I get that, but you’re missing the point. You should care why. The “why” isn’t because he suddenly sucks. It’s the reasons I mentioned above. The point is that now is not the time to bench or trade him. Now is the time to acquire him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

exactly. great QB to start a real team with.

massive overpay for fake teams.

41 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I get that, but you’re missing the point. You should care why. The “why” isn’t because he suddenly sucks. It’s the reasons I mentioned above. The point is that now is not the time to bench or trade him. Now is the time to acquire him. 

As far as real football goes, he's still one of the best.  The way the Packers are looking, I don't see the reasons you mentioned above changing a whole lot.  So as far as fantasy football goes, he is average at best right now.   I'm sure he'll have his moments, and I hope he suddenly becomes the locked in 300 yard a game 2 TD guy we know he can be, but his outlook right now is not good. 

51 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

As far as real football goes, he's still one of the best.  The way the Packers are looking, I don't see the reasons you mentioned above changing a whole lot.  So as far as fantasy football goes, he is average at best right now.   I'm sure he'll have his moments, and I hope he suddenly becomes the locked in 300 yard a game 2 TD guy we know he can be, but his outlook right now is not good. 

I guess we’ll see. Personally, I think he will look like the guy we thought we were drafting from now up until week 15-16. Time will tell. 

Somehow Matt Lafleur has turned Aaron Rodgers into his QB from last year, Marcus Mariota.  No wonder Rodgers is so angry on the sidelines.

23 minutes ago, rotoguy74 said:

Have him pegged for 290/3 tonight so do not have him on your bench folks!

Even if we have Lamar Jackson

I have a feeling all the Packers TD's will be through the ground or special teams tonight, and you will get another mediocre 12-15 points if you start him. TNF games are also wildly erratic. I think I will sit him tonight for Brady, even with the plus matchup at home.

In typical Rodgers fashion, even though they're 3-0 he's not happy because he's not the main reason. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'd expect a big game tonight. 

Benching for Rivers for the fourth consecutive week. This is a good spot for Rodgers though. Good luck, all. If this one comes up a bust, you'd be right to worry. 

Well I drafted him and this is a good spot, guess I'll start him over Brady. Hoping his anger pays off against that weak secondary, but it's a gamble

• Like 1

No running game and if Adams misses big chunk(which appears he will) then Rodgers stock drops quite a bit.... I Mean who else does he have to throw to? Graham? ok thats about it.

still waiting for the ceiling game. everything fell perfectly for it to happen vs the eagles and it didn't. 

now possibly no adams for an extended period.

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 1

The 4 failed passing plays in the red zone was almost as bad as the game-ending INT at the end. His receiving options are going to be quite putrid if Adams is out for an extend period of time.