urban2014

Aaron Rodgers 2019 Outlook

Assuming you’ve acquired a decent second option, I’d try and sell now after this game. It’s a shame he didn’t get that 3rd TD, but HE (personally) looked good in PrimeTime, and put up solid fantasy production.

This offense is going to be a mess without Adams though, and you could see him searching for guys to get open once Davante got hurt.  If you can find a less than savvy owner in your league, I’d ship him out this week.

49 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Assuming you’ve acquired a decent second option, I’d try and sell now after this game. It’s a shame he didn’t get that 3rd TD, but HE (personally) looked good in PrimeTime, and put up solid fantasy production.

This offense is going to be a mess without Adams though, and you could see him searching for guys to get open once Davante got hurt.  If you can find a less than savvy owner in your league, I’d ship him out this week.

All I saw was him wanting to throw into coverage. His receivers had to make some pretty awesome catches. Rodgers "searching" doesn't mean people weren't getting separation. It just means he didn't want to throw to them. He just seems to get locked into particular players and refuses to take what the defense is giving. It's arrogance, honestly.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

yea i wasted a pick on arod so that i would also have to waste a pick on a decent 2nd option

59 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

All I saw was him wanting to throw into coverage. His receivers had to make some pretty awesome catches. Rodgers "searching" doesn't mean people weren't getting separation. It just means he didn't want to throw to them. He just seems to get locked into particular players and refuses to take what the defense is giving. It's arrogance, honestly.

Fine, “arrogance”, lack of timing, or whatever you want to call it, he doesn’t have the level of trust with his other WRs that he has with Adams. It doesn’t change the point I was trying to make.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Agree with Fitz on this. Rodgers was undoubtedly selfish on both goal line stops. Rodgers wanted to be the hero. One of those 3rd down goal line incompletions was an RPO where Jones could have walked in the endzone but no, Rodgers had to keep the ball and ended up throwing it away.

After the game when LaFleur was was asked, "Why didnt you run at 1" he said "Thats a great question". I think this is a slight jab at Rodgers. 6 plays within the 5 yard line and zero run plays called and 0 points on the board. 

Ill leave yall with this thread as well:

Are we confident starting him at Dallas ?

ive read some articles about how good rodgers plays in Dallas, but im concerned and thinking about kyler over him

32 minutes ago, konstao said:

Are we confident starting him at Dallas ?

ive read some articles about how good rodgers plays in Dallas, but im concerned and thinking about kyler over him

I'm in the same boat and I'm leaning in the same direction. Sucks that Kyler has Kirk and Byrd out now too. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Firing him up with no confidence this week. Hopefully the Cowboys offense comes out firing and takes an early lead so Rodgers is forced to throw a ton. 

• Like 1

There’s really no point in wasting a pick on arod if you’re going to play matchups 

you could have waited on a qb to do that

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Agree with Fitz on this. Rodgers was undoubtedly selfish on both goal line stops. Rodgers wanted to be the hero. One of those 3rd down goal line incompletions was an RPO where Jones could have walked in the endzone but no, Rodgers had to keep the ball and ended up throwing it away.

After the game when LaFleur was was asked, "Why didnt you run at 1" he said "Thats a great question". I think this is a slight jab at Rodgers. 6 plays within the 5 yard line and zero run plays called and 0 points on the board. 

Ill leave yall with this thread as well:

I guess I’m too old for this “new-age analytical”  stuff because I don’t know what the F that diagram is trying to show.  Looks like a drunk Bears fan had a paintball gun.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, poofinger said:

I guess I’m too old for this “new-age analytical”  stuff because I don’t know what the F that diagram is trying to show.  Looks like a drunk Bears fan had a paintball gun.  

It's a pretty terrible visualization, because it doesn't include a legend to describe what the heck we're looking at. I took a look at the linked GitHub page though (https://gist.github.com/guga31bb/161ae02b1d207f5873e6fad4b356bc72) and it looks like the different colors represent different teams, and since the tweet is talking about GB they changed their icon from a dot to the GB logo. In this case, it's showing that from 2009 to 2019, when GB is on the 1-yard line, a running play has scored a TD ~55% of the time, whereas a passing play has scored a TD ~40% of the time.

That said, it's a totally arbitrary/pointless window of time, particularly since a team's offensive line quality, running back quality, etc... can change quite a bit over a 10 year period. 

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Benching this week. I mean vs the Boys, without Adams, no reason to think he is any better than 250/2

I will Risk Cousins or Dalton this week I think

• Haha 1

Another outstanding performance by the NFL's best game manager.  Nobody hands the ball off like Rodgers.  Crisp and on the money.  And he carries out his post-handoff fakes well too. Somewhere Trent Dilfer is nodding with approval. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/5/2019 at 4:41 AM, rotoguy74 said:

Benching this week. I mean vs the Boys, without Adams, no reason to think he is any better than 250/0

I will Risk Cousins or Dalton this week I think

Fix'd it for you. Not a good play unless its a bad team or Adams is back imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blazehound said:

This guy has been a bust for fantasy. Flat out. What are the odds a RB takes the plunge into the end zone 4 times in one game. FML.

Yup. I hope he’s not on the can’t drop list

Giving my team a complete makeover come Wednesday so hold onto him. He’ll no doubt turn it around

Edited by FritzLn

With Davante, GB had a bottom 10 WR/TE group in the league. Without him, they are easily bottom 5. Today they had 4 WR's catch passes because their entire depth chart is a bunch of street FA's who run 4.6. Only WR with any sort of ability is a 2nd yr raw as sushi 5th rd pick in Valdes-Scantling, who is probably moreso better served as a WR3 right now.

For the team's sake and fantasy owners sakes, gotta hope Davante returns soon and hope GB trades for an actual WR2(Emmanuel Sanders would be perfect)

Edited by Blood Brother

5 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

With Davante, GB had a bottom 10 WR/TE group in the league. Without him, they are easily bottom 5. Today they had 4 WR's catch passes because their entire depth chart is a bunch of street FA's who run 4.6. Only WR with any sort of ability is a 2nd yr raw as sushi 5th rd pick in Valdes-Scantling, who is probably moreso better served as a WR3 right now.

For the team's sake and fantasy owners sakes, gotta hope Davante returns soon and hope GB trades for an actual WR2(Emmanuel Sanders would be perfect)

Good points. His supporting cast sucks.

As a Packer fan, I'm cool with today.

As a Rodgers fantasy owner, I'm not.  It's not an Adams thing.  Rogers was mediocre three out of four with Adams.  And you can cite bad matchups if you want, but I'm counting on a future Hall of Famer to rise above it.  For you youngins out there, "Never Bench Your Studs" started out as "Never Bench Emmitt" because it didn't matter WHO Emmitt Smith played.  He rose above it and produced.  Rodgers is now in a position where he can avoid taking the beating by handing off, and they can still win.  And for the Packers, that's great.  But not for my fantasy team.

It's Kyler time.

His WR's are garbage with the exception of Adams.. Not to say he's played good by any stretch by his standards though..2016 40 TD's he had Nelson, Cobb, Adams now he has Adams and a bunch of scrubs that has to be a factor to some extent. I don't watch the Packers all day but I do not want to hear any arguments in regards to Allison or MVS I've seen enough they probably aren't getting snaps on most decent WR cores..

Edited by NyZD

I'm disgusted just like all Rodgers owners but there's some wild variance going on here. Jones has 8 rushing TDs in 5 games. He's not going to score 25 TDs this season. GB has played 3 of the top 6 fantasy QB defenses in its 5 games. Next up: Detroit, Oakland, KC, Chargers.

Not saying try to buy low or anything but if you feel you're stuck with him there is reason to believe things will be better the next several weeks. Hopefully Adams is able to return quickly and at high effectiveness

29 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

I'm disgusted just like all Rodgers owners but there's some wild variance going on here. Jones has 8 rushing TDs in 5 games. He's not going to score 25 TDs this season. GB has played 3 of the top 6 fantasy QB defenses in its 5 games. Next up: Detroit, Oakland, KC, Chargers.

Not saying try to buy low or anything but if you feel you're stuck with him there is reason to believe things will be better the next several weeks. Hopefully Adams is able to return quickly and at high effectiveness

Says who? Did you think jones was going to score 4 in any game this year? This is the offense. It’s clear this is what his coach wants

You guys are overacting and I’m a jones owner. They do want to run more but even if they are winning games Rodgers won’t be happy if he isn’t throwing for TDS. The reason for jones 4 TDS today is because mvs and Allison were not in sync with Rodgers at all. Neither one are true #1 wrs. Adams opens up this whole passing game. Now if something were to happen to Adams for the long term that’s when I would start to panic. Rodgers should be fine but he probably won’t be that league winning qb you were hoping for either. He might be around #5-8.