Sign in to follow this  
JetsAwesome

Nick Ahmed 2019 Outlook

No love for this guy?? Quietly a top 10 fantasy SS batting over 300 at the bottom of a suddenly good Diamondbacks lineup. Already has 2 stolen bases. Def someone to watch.

Flashed some power last year 16 HR and 70 rbis.  Could see a similar line this year. Possible 18 for 75 and 8-10 SB.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 1

Yeah that was quite a first scoring period. I took the plunge in a 16 teamer...he's def one to watch in those deeper formats. His defense keeps him in the line-up every day and he seems to have made progress with the bat.

He's gone on smaller runs in each of the past two seasons but ultimately ends up with pretty boring offensive numbers at the end of the season. There's a chance he's just on one of his rare hot streaks right now.

He's been playing well recently.  Since july 1st .304 avg 22 runs 7 hr 29 rbi 17/18 bb/k.  Anything to see here?

On 8/14/2019 at 2:05 PM, coleporter said:

Picked him up as a sub for Taris Jr. He’ll stay on my team once Tatis returns. And yes Coors is a nice bonus

That doesn’t look like it’s gonna happens. So hold onto him 

Things I definitely didn’t expect from Nick Ahmed this week after picking him up last week: 4 dingers and 11 RBIs. En fuego. 

I touted this guy before the Coors series and picked him up for it...he hasn't left my utility spot since. And I have a pretty nice bench.

He's playing out of his mind right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nlm said:

I touted this guy before the Coors series and picked him up for it...he hasn't left my utility spot since. And I have a pretty nice bench.

He's playing out of his mind right now.

I think you and Nick need to get a room.  I know you're just helping, but you can't stop touting him over and over. 😉

• Haha 1

He's facing more COL pitching, too...not in Coors...but still.

He's the new Tommy La Stella for my squad. :D  

Edited by nlm

I want to tout Renato Nunez as well. The guy is streaky as can be, but has flashed offensive potential beyond his power at times (5/5 a couple of games ago)… had a 4 RBI day today. He's better for daily lineup leagues probably, but he's still available in a good % of leagues.... He should easily eclipse 30 HR and he's close to 70 RBI, I think.