Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/10 - GAME DAY THREAD

5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah everyone was aghast when the Nats traded them both away to Chicago.

True.  But it's not like Eaton has be rewriting the record books, either.  Well, maybe for stints on the DL....... uh, mean IL.

• Haha 1

Just now, bbythepier said:

Tonight during an intermission of the Nhl playoffs, I’m going to go back and read the reactions to the Chris Archer/ Tyler Glasnow trade. My memory seems to having the Pirates as the consensus winner.

Actually as I recall here most everyone seemed to think TB won given not just Glasnow but also Austin Meadows ended up with the Rays and many people thought Archer just destroyed their WHIP game in and game out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Actually as I recall here most everyone seemed to think TB won given not just Glasnow but also Austin Meadows ended up with the Rays and many people thought Archer just destroyed their WHIP game in and game out.

Could be. There are other places on the net that make it easier to keep score by “upvotes”, maybe that’s where I remember.

Edited by bbythepier

3 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Tim Anderson keeps hitting and keeps stealing bases.

Hopefully he keeps the commitment (and health) all year long. Had 8 stl at the end of last April before tailing off.

27 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Damn I remember the days when Lucas Giolito & Reynaldo Lopez were the darlings of the MiLB forum 😕

Man what was the disconnect on Giolito? I get that pitchers bust are a pretty high rate, but going from arguably the top pitching prospect to arguably the worst pitcher in baseball last year is almost impressive. 

33 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Damn I remember the days when Lucas Giolito & Reynaldo Lopez were the darlings of the MiLB forum 😕

Even this year I read a lot about Reyaldo Lopez being a surprise break out candidate this year. I was like...what???

• Like 1

Tim Anderson looks dialed in on the basepaths. I wonder if he can be a 20Hr/30 steal guy this year with a .275 average? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Even this year I read a lot about Reyaldo Lopez being a surprise break out candidate this year. I was like...what???

I think it was second half stats that was the line being sold on that one, which to be fair is usually a decent gamble. Clearly not in this case though.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Tonight during an intermission of the Nhl playoffs, I’m going to go back and read the reactions to the Chris Archer/ Tyler Glasnow trade. My memory seems to having the Pirates as the consensus winner.

I don't remember it that way... at least not on this board.  I remember everyone here saying that the pirates were insane.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Man what was the disconnect on Giolito? I get that pitchers bust are a pretty high rate, but going from arguably the top pitching prospect to arguably the worst pitcher in baseball last year is almost impressive. 

His stuff dropped off in a way I haven't seen before barring injury.   Fastball went from mid to high 90s to low 90s.

47 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

True.  But it's not like Eaton has be rewriting the record books, either.  Well, maybe for stints on the DL....... uh, mean IL.

Still, trading THREE quality pitching prospects for the oft injured Adam Eaton wasn't smart. 

And when I say oft injured I mean prior to being with.

Edited by 96mnc
  • Like 1

Kinda want the Rays to start hitting into outs to make sure this game gets through 5.  Would hate to lose all this offensive production.

Looks like the white sox exhausted their lefty relievers yesterday lol. more righties for meadows and lowe to mash plz

last year, my bold prediction was Pham finishes ahead of Betts.  i was laughed at.  Maybe i was just a year too early...

• Like 1

Rays are legit AL East contenders. Lineup is so underrated. Top 3 of Snell Glasnow & Morton with more nice arms coming back (Honeywell) Chirinos is going to be solid this year & the bullpen is absolutely loaded but still under the radar mostly. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Rays are legit AL East contenders. Lineup is so underrated. Top 3 of Snell Glasnow & Morton with more nice arms coming back (Honeywell) Chirinos is going to be solid this year & the bullpen is absolutely loaded but still under the radar mostly. 

And they have the depth and talent on the farm to go get whatever they may need.