Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/10 - GAME DAY THREAD

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Man what was the disconnect on Giolito? I get that pitchers bust are a pretty high rate, but going from arguably the top pitching prospect to arguably the worst pitcher in baseball last year is almost impressive. 

Btw, what good Glasnow looks like is what Giolito used to look like.   Tempo of the delivery was a bit different but pretty similar.

The Nats f'ed with Giolito's delivery a bit and it really screwed him up.  The Mariners did the same with T. Walker.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Smith.  My starters haven't given me enough issues with my ratios.

• Haha 1

Farhan Zaidi has to be ecstatic with this start to the season losing the 1-2 run games. You walk into the 2019 10th pick, a 2018 #2 overall is developing pretty well in A+ and you get to add a top 5 pick in 2020 .... all with zero blame from the informed branch of the fanbase.

11 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Farhan Zaidi has to be ecstatic with this start to the season losing the 1-2 run games. You walk into the 2019 10th pick, a 2018 #2 overall is developing pretty well in A+ and you get to add a top 5 pick in 2020 .... all with zero blame from the informed branch of the fanbase.

It'll be interesting to see what he'll be able to get back via trades this year, too.

Terrible at bat by Solarte there.  

Why would you ever bring in Colome down 0-9 in the 9th.  Who cares if he hasn't pitched in 3 days.  

Edited by CrimsonGhost
  • Like 1

Did anyone end up benching Pham because of the weather? 😖

Hoping to see Pivetta turn things around here against a still frightening Nats lineup.  Definitely has been an overpay for many like myself, season to date.  For a pitch he throws more than 50% of the time, his 4 seam fastball just does not look like a Major league positive pitch value weapon right now (never has been career to date and at -5.0 YTD), and is more or less reminiscent of the Shark's 4 seamer.  The slider and curve barely register above 0 YTD.

Brinson guns down Votto trying to tag and score for the 3rd out.  Mahle with 3 walks already in the first five batters.

4 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Hoping to see Pivetta turn things around here against a still frightening Nats lineup.  Definitely has been an overpay for many like myself, season to date.  For a pitch he throws more than 50% of the time, his 4 seam fastball just does not look like a Major league positive pitch value weapon right now (never has been career to date and at -5.0 YTD), and is more or less reminiscent of the Shark's 4 seamer.  The slider and curve barely register above 0 YTD.

2 up,2 on. Already sucking. Dozier got a hit.  This has a era of 45.00 written all over it. I overpaid too :(

Edited by Cesare13

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

2 up,2 on. Already sucking. Dozier got a hit.  This has a era of 45.00 written all over it. I overpaid too :(

3 up, 3 on.  And he had Rendon 0-2.

Yeah, I don't think I want to watch LOL

Keuchel just waiting by the phone like....

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Is there any chance that this philly game will get rained out and cancelled?  If that happens, I promise I’ve learned my lesson about pivetta.

• Haha 3

Just tuned in for a bleeder swinging bunt single.  Awesome job making his own bad luck here.

Just now, STLSU said:

Just tuned in for a bleeder swinging bunt single.  Awesome job making his own bad luck here.

Didn’t that idiot have an 0-2 count?

Just now, Cesare13 said:

Didn’t that idiot have an 0-2 count?

yup it was 0-2 FB middle in.

Almost walked the pitcher 

• Haha 1