Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/11 - GAME DAY THREAD

Just now, BMcP said:

So no chance at all he sticks?  Now at 11 in a row

if you look at the Padres rotation, it might actually be smart to goto a 6 man rotation, Paddack, Strahm are on innings limits, and Marg, Lauer, and Lucc I dont think are going to give you 200 IP.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

And real REAL owners got him last year in dynasty off the waiver wire.  😎

And real REAL REAL owners avoided him everywhere and left him on the wire where be belongs!

2 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Arenado, Blackmon, Story stack on FanDuel. Hopefully they break out tonight.

2 hours ago, ChasingDeadFish said:

same here except I have Desmond instead of Story.....Rockies due for some fireworks !

Should've stacked Sharky and Gray instead

23 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Godley has looked good tonight.  Hitting corners with his FB and the curve is extremely sharp.

He sucks

• Thanks 1

Ka-boom Hedges!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

if you look at the Padres rotation, it might actually be smart to goto a 6 man rotation, Paddack, Strahm are on innings limits, and Marg, Lauer, and Lucc I dont think are going to give you 200 IP.  

6 man is a good idea. 

If not that they should tandem Paddack and Strahm.

Regardless,  they are going to be dealing for a SP or two for the stretch run and possible postseason appearance.

21 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He clearly has missed bats in the minors, but it's been hard to find much on him. Not on the top 30 in pipeline, fangraphs isn't out yet and Klaw hits on over 45+ prospects in the system and does not even mention him...I know the system is extraordinarily deep but surprised he gets no mention after the Ks he's piled up.

I don't have it in front of me but I think he was top 30 for Baseball America.

I think this because when he pitched in ST I pulled it out to try and figure out who he was. 

Edited by 96mnc
  • Like 1

Just now, 96mnc said:

6 man is a good idea. 

If not that they should tandem Paddack and Strahm.

Regardless,  they are going to be dealing for a SP or two for the stretch run and possible postseason appearance.

the way this team is looking I wouldn't be surprised, I like that idea, maybe 4/4 type IP games with Strahm and Paddack, another thought is how dominant does Strahm make that pen, I think if they can get success out of this rotation, that might make the team better.  

Same s--- this year, my strand rate for my pitching is at like 60 percent. So damn annoying.

9 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

He sucks

Yeah,  that went downhill fast.

All you guys are talking about the Pads 6 man rotation, while I’m having a cold brew thinking about Keuchel throwing his remote across the room as another young SD SP deals and Preller kicks his feet up in the petco suite while he erases Dallas’ number from his phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

All you guys are talking about the Pads 6 man rotation, while I’m having a cold brew thinking about Keuchel throwing his remote across the room as another young SD SP deals and Preller kicks his feet up in the petco suite while he erases Dallas’ number from his phone.

lol, every start, Preller calls him and lowers the offer by a mil

19 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

The thing is, you burn a roster spot by going with the 6-man, and a team with that many young/inexperienced starters needs as many bullpen arms as possible. Spreading out guys' starts by an extra day won't necessarily allow them to pitch deeper into games - they'll still need a ton off bullpen innings

Just now, cs3 said:

The thing is, you burn a roster spot by going with the 6-man, and a team with that many young/inexperienced starters needs as many bullpen arms as possible. Spreading out guys' starts by an extra day won't necessarily allow them to pitch deeper into games - they'll still need a ton off bullpen innings

not necessarily, with a 6 man rotation, each guy also available every 3rd day for an inning or 2.  They also have Wisler and Erlin in the pen able to go long

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

lol, every start, Preller calls him and lowers the offer by a mil

Nah, he’s just gonna wait for Bumgarner & Tony Watson & Will Smith to hit the market in a month when the Giants are 15-35 and have scored 1.8 runs per game. He’s put Keuchel in the dreaded friend zone, no rose for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Just doing some rough math. 

You need roughly 1,458 innings over the course of a season (162 x 9).

6 people starting 30 games a piece and pitching only FIVE innings per start gives you 900 innings. 

That means you need 558 innings from your 7 man bullpen... Which is 80 innings per bullpen guy.   That's a touch high but the previously mentioned Erlin and  Wisler are capable of more than 80 each.

To me the biggest problem is 150 innings is still too many for Strahm and Paddack given where they were last year (60 and 90).

What’s a more impressive sighting:

A black hole or Pedro Strop finally getting a save? Or are they one in the same?

3 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Nah, he’s just gonna wait for Bumgarner & Tony Watson & Will Smith to hit the market in a month when the Giants are 15-35 and have scored 1.8 runs per game. He’s put Keuchel in the dreaded friend zone, no rose for him.

I wouldn't be shocked if mad bum finishes the season in SD.  I also think Stroman and Bauer are going to be in the mix. 

3 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Just doing some rough math. 

You need roughly 1,458 innings over the course of a season (162 x 9).

6 people starting 30 games a piece and pitching only FIVE innings per start gives you 900 innings. 

That means you need 558 innings from your 7 man bullpen... Which is 80 innings per bullpen guy.   That's a touch high but the previously mentioned Erlin and  Wisler are capable of more than 80 each.

To me the biggest problem is 150 innings is still too many for Strahm and Paddack given where they were last year (60 and 90).

add 90-120 cause I think Lauer, Marg, Lucchessi, and Avila are 6 inning+ guys potentially

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

I wouldn't be shocked if mad bum finishes the season in SD.  I also think Stroman and Bauer are going to be in the mix. 

I could see that, but I don't want to give the Giants any of our prospects

2 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

add 90-120 cause I think Lauer, Marg, Lucchessi, and Avila are 6 inning+ guys potentially

Yeah,  if lucc and Lauer can be 6 inning guys that gets Strahm and Paddack down to 120.

3 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

I could see that, but I don't want to give the Giants any of our prospects

Yeah,  I hear you.  All depends on if they are fighting for the division or a wild card spot.

Just now, 96mnc said:

Yeah,  if lucc and Lauer can be 6 inning guys that gets Strahm and Paddack down to 120.

Yeah,  I hear you.  All depends on if they are fighting for the division or a wild card spot.

sure would be tempting to trade those 10-20 type guys who would all be no 1-5 for the Giants, for Bum, then do the same for Bauer

I mean guys like France, both Allens, Reed, Quantrill would all be good for the Giants

Gore and Patino are the only untouchables left on the farm imo

wait til you see this Andres Munoz kid too

4 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

sure would be tempting to trade those 10-20 type guys who would all be no 1-5 for the Giants, for Bum, then do the same for Bauer

I mean guys like France, both Allens, Reed, Quantrill would all be good for the Giants

Gore and Patino are the only untouchables left on the farm imo

wait til you see this Andres Munoz kid too

Saw him and love him. Hope he performs well enough to get called up.   That's an electric fastball. 

Yeah,  Padres 7 to 15 would be the Giants 1 to 8.

I'd trade Patino for Bauer assuming Francona doesn't break him. 

Edited by 96mnc
  • Like 1