Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/12 - GAME DAY THREAD

One of these starts, Corbin Burnes’ fly balls allowed are going to have launch angles above 45 and all be caught. Hopefully it’s in Los Angeles, where all the Joc & Cody owners leave disappointed.

• Like 2

Go Arrieta. Go Thornton.

Where is the logic: Minneapolis Minnesota Is a very cold and wintery place So lets fund a 2 stadiums for our cities sports teams. We make the football Minn Vikes stadium a domed stadium cause football is a sport that needs to be played in a nice indoor controlled environment. Then we will fund a outdoor non domed stadium for our Minn Twins baseball team.  Game PPD. Funny IF the Game was in cold and wintery DET today the same  backwards logic would apply. Football dome Lions  Baseball Outside Tigers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

Where is the logic: Minneapolis Minnesota Is a very cold and wintery place So lets fund a 2 stadiums for our cities sports teams. We make the football Minn Vikes stadium a domed stadium cause football is a sport that needs to be played in a nice indoor controlled environment. Then we will fund a outdoor non domed stadium for our Minn Twins baseball team.  Game PPD. Funny IF the Game was in cold and wintery DET today the same  backwards logic would apply. Football dome Lions  Baseball Outside Tigers.

because dome baseball stadiums suck.  i mean, i get your point, and you're spot-on, but my comment still stands 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MichiganxTrumbull said:

it would be great if rizzo and bryant ran into one starting today

Halfway there

5 minutes ago, Bit711 said:

HR to the Izzo!

not good for my Skaggs 😝

16 minutes ago, midlip said:

because dome baseball stadiums suck.  i mean, i get your point, and you're spot-on, but my comment still stands 

Well so do football domes too for that matter.  And football should never ever be in a dome even during a blizzard.  It is the bad weather football games you love to watch.

But stadiums like next door in Milwaukee that have the ability to button themselves up in this weather but be open otherwise are a decent compromise for baseball since 81 games need to be played at any facility so games can start to get stacked up.  Not enough reason to ever tear down classics like Wrigley or Fenway, mind.  But enough to use when a totally new ball park is built in a place like Minneapolis.

And dome only stadiums for baseball should be imploded immediately.  (I'm looking at you and your ugly catwalks and dark and dreary feel, The Trop).

Anyway just to bold this for this thread:

Detroit at the Twins is PPD.   So pull your players if you haven't last night since it was PPD as of yesterday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well so do football domes too for that matter.  And football should never ever be in a dome even during a blizzard.  It is the bad weather football games you love to watch.

But stadiums like next door in Milwaukee that have the ability to button themselves up in this weather but be open otherwise are a decent compromise for baseball since 81 games need to be played at any facility so games can start to get stacked up.  Not enough reason to ever tear down classics like Wrigley or Fenway, mind.  But enough to use when a totally new ball park is built in a place like Minneapolis.

And dome only stadiums for baseball should be imploded immediately.  (I'm looking at you and your ugly catwalks and dark and dreary feel, The Trop).

Anyway just to bold this for this thread:

Detroit at the Twins is PPD.   So pull your players if you haven't last night since it was PPD as of yesterday.

Right on here^ imo. It is sooooo nice to be able to know you are getting a game in when you head to Miller Park...and they do draw from the entire state practically. But as long as the forecast is decent and temps are above 50 or so, you best believe that roof is gonna be open. Bad weather pops up, 5 mins and that sucka is closed up. It's a beautiful park and does not have that awful dome feel of the Trop...all the window and panels help that too. It's absurd that they would build that field in Minny with no retractable roof-

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Who all is running Happ out there today?

Me with zero confidence.

hold-onto-your-butts.gif

• Like 2

Literally can't buy a QS this week. 1 for 7. Thanks for keeping it going Skaggs.