BigPapi44

Zac Gallen - SP Marlins

1 minute ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Anyone that is a DFA possibility to get Gallen on the 40 man roster? 

its the marlins so yea there are about 37 options

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Craig Mish on twitter stating it's likely NOT Gallen. wow

1 minute ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

It is Kinley. 

He’s a reliever. Smith’s next turn is Tuesday, I believe. 

They either have to DFA someone or move someone to the 60-day IL to clear a 40-man roster spot. Those candidates include O’Brien, Wallach, Berti, or Neil Walker. 

Berti seems most likely with an oblique. 

12 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Elieser Hernandez is deserving, too.

3-1, 1.13 ERA, 48 IP, 69 K, 14 BB, 0 HR

Edited by BaseballJunkie

Baby Cakes' starting rotation in the past week:

Fri - Ben Meyer
Sat - Hector Noesi
Sun - Elieser Hernandez 
Tue - Gallen
Wed - Dustin Beggs
Thur - Ben Meyer

This would put Elieser in line to start Saturday and Gallen on Sunday. I'm guessing we'll hear something official before Saturday, but we should be able to deduce if it's Gallen or Hernandez, at the latest, by the time the Baby Cakes' Saturday starting pitcher is named.

Edited by Rabbit Maranville

Craig Mish said Mattingly doesn’t expect Smith’s Absence to be long. May use an opener Tuesday 

2 hours ago, BaseballJunkie said:

Elieser Hernandez is deserving, too.

3-1, 1.13 ERA, 48 IP, 69 K, 14 BB, 0 HR

True, but has anything changed with him?  He's been awful in the majors so far.

It'd be shocking if it was Gallen yet though, unfortunately.  Like the person above me said, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up going the opener route at least for one time through the rotation.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

True, but has anything changed with him?  He's been awful in the majors so far.

It'd be shocking if it was Gallen yet though, unfortunately.  Like the person above me said, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up going the opener route at least for one time through the rotation.

Shouldn’t it be concerning to us Gallen owners that Elieser Hernandez is putting up nearly identical numbers to Gallen on the same team, in the same league against the same competition???

46 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Shouldn’t it be concerning to us Gallen owners that Elieser Hernandez is putting up nearly identical numbers to Gallen on the same team, in the same league against the same competition???

Their entire starting rotation ERA is pretty great, so there may be something to it. Or the Marlins are suddenly the greatest pitching developers in the league..... 

7 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe New Orleans always grades out as one of the most pitcher friendly parks in the PCL. 

11 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Nah - Hernandez is averaging just over 5 innings a start and has already struggled in 67 career MLB innings. Gallen is averaging just under 7 innings a start, has exhibited even better control (14 BB's in 48 innings for Hernandez, 15 BB's in 81 innings for Gallen) and less hittable stuff (35 hits in 48 innings for Hernandez, 41 hits in 85 innings for Gallen). The only area where Hernandez is faring better is in keeping the ball in the park (no HR's vs. 7 HR's for Gallen - but I'm less concerned about that given the way that Miami ballpark suppresses power).

• Like 2

Marlins DFAd Derek Dietrich to keep the likes of JT RIDDLE, sign 40 year old limp stick Curtis GRANDERSON, KEEP geriatric Martin Prado.  The decision on who to take off the 40 man to promote Zach could be as easy as putting 40 names on a wall and tossing a dart.  Anyone it lands on, not likely a big deal.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

if Gallen wont start with the Smith injury, then I imagine it would take another injury or a trade of Urena? that could be sometime in July.

2 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:
If Gallen wont start with the Smith injury, then I imagine it would take another injury or a trade of Urena? that could be sometime in July.

Or Gallen showing up, going out to the mound, and refusing to leave on Tuesday.  Highly unlikely there though. 😀

On 6/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, Rabbit Maranville said:

Baby Cakes' starting rotation in the past week:

Fri - Ben Meyer
Sat - Hector Noesi
Sun - Elieser Hernandez 
Tue - Gallen
Wed - Dustin Beggs
Thur - Ben Meyer

This would put Elieser in line to start Saturday and Gallen on Sunday. I'm guessing we'll hear something official before Saturday, but we should be able to deduce if it's Gallen or Hernandez, at the latest, by the time the Baby Cakes' Saturday starting pitcher is named.

Josh Roeder is pitching tonight for the Baby Cakes.

• Like 1

So I guess the biggest thing now is who pitches for them tomorrow.