Fantasy Dork

Hunter Dozier 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, loro1991 said:

Eno Sarris and Paul Sporer say buy 

All aboard!

Sporer's a bit of a mush.

I like Eno but he's more reliable when it comes to pitchers.

I like Dozier anyways, just saying I wouldn't take those two as gospel. Especially Sporer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, absknicks said:

Sporer's a bit of a mush.

How dare you talk about Squints Palledorous that way. 

They may not be related, but Hunter is making Brian look like a little leaguer in comparison so far this season.  Hit the game winning HR in the 10th...

Their Twitter account forced the actual video into a thread on Twitter, so sorry for it being a little large there...

• Like 5

Another solid game today. He has been sneaky underrated so far. Is this a hot start or has he finally put things together?

Seems like he is legit to me. 

Nowadays every year there are a few guys who come out of nowhere.

Hopefully this isnt anything major.

by RotoWire Staff
(27 mins ago) Dozier is dealing with back stiffness, Jeffrey Flanagan of MLB.com reports.

This explains why Dozier is starting at designated hitter for a second consecutive game. The issue doesn't appear to be anything too bothersome, as the 27-year-old managed to leave the yard for his sixth home run of the season Sunday.

3 hours ago, herschel said:

Hopefully this isnt anything major.

by RotoWire Staff
(27 mins ago) Dozier is dealing with back stiffness, Jeffrey Flanagan of MLB.com reports.

This explains why Dozier is starting at designated hitter for a second consecutive game. The issue doesn't appear to be anything too bothersome, as the 27-year-old managed to leave the yard for his sixth home run of the season Sunday.

Looks fine to me

25 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Looks fine to me

Got subbed out for Duda so its not good.

40 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

AL ROY if you know what I mean

he had 362 poor ABs last year

Just now, pbjfb said:

IL stint?

Even if that happens, he’ll still have a better week than Kris Bryant. Hoping he just needs a day of rest.  

Cbs said back spasms. Doesn't seem serious at all. I hope!

Could be precautionary too. Already had back issues coming in, left after hitting a HR (not taking a bad swing or diving awkwardly, etc.), maybe they thought 3 ABs were good enough for the day

• Like 1

Hoping so too. I get a stiff back from time to time but rarely spasms so not sure it's severity. But I don't think spasms usually stick around for long, so hoping he gets back in there soon. He's been killing it so we need him.

10 hours ago, terminator10 said:

Could be precautionary too. Already had back issues coming in, left after hitting a HR (not taking a bad swing or diving awkwardly, etc.), maybe they thought 3 ABs were good enough for the day

As bigbossman said, he was grimacing a bit rounding the bases and looked pretty stiff.  But the fact that he was rounding the bases because he just launched another bomb has me optimistic he just needs to rest a few days.

• Like 1

Sometimes when a guy is playing well, all it takes is a little injury to throw him off his game. Hope it does not apply here. He's been a godsend.

Hunter Dozier (back) is not in Tuesday's lineup against the Rays.

Dozier was pulled from Monday's game with lower back spasms and will need another day to rest. Lucas Duda will serve as the designated hitter and Chris Owings will play third base.