Fantasy Dork

Hunter Dozier 2019 Outlook

47 minutes ago, MoonyGray said:

Can’t buy into this guy. I just think of Brian when I see his name. 

Pre 2018 Brian Dozier could put up 40 homers 15 steals...

15 minutes ago, Ry34No said:

Pre 2018 Brian Dozier could put up 40 homers 15 steals...

Yes, but we're in 2019. Thus we don't get pre-2018 Brian. It's a mindset thing I need to work on to buy into Hunter.

I guess anyone with multiple position eligibility and a hot start is this years Muncy!

8 hours ago, MoonyGray said:

Can’t buy into this guy. I just think of Brian when I see his name. 

A guy who hit 40HRs and stole double digit bases in his prime?

7 hours ago, MoonyGray said:

Yes, but we're in 2019. Thus we don't get pre-2018 Brian. It's a mindset thing I need to work on to buy into Hunter.

I guess anyone with multiple position eligibility and a hot start is this years Muncy!

It's a pretty dumb mindset alright. Hunter is entering his prime you doof, comparing him to an aging Brian is idiocy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Comparing players based on last name alone doesn’t seem like a good strategy to me. 

I wish the owners in my league wouldn't touch Trout cuz he's fish.

What's with LAA and their fishy player names anyway. Franchise player Salmon then Trout. Next is Fluke or Bass I guess.

As for Hunter Dozier. He's legit.

Edited by papasmurf
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

It's a pretty dumb mindset alright. Hunter is entering his prime you doof, comparing him to an aging Brian is idiocy. 

What a bunch of doofy’s in here. I own the guy. Baseball and sarcasm don’t mix I guess. Sooooo many doofy’s.

I’m enjoying “this years Max Muncy”. 

43 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Comparing players based on last name alone doesn’t seem like a good strategy to me. 

I own the guy. I love the guy. Like a lot. True love even. 

I forgot that baseball and sarcasm don’t mix. But for now I’m going to enjoy “this years Max Muncy.”

10 minutes ago, MoonyGray said:

I own the guy. I love the guy. Like a lot. True love even. 

I forgot that baseball and sarcasm don’t mix. But for now I’m going to enjoy “this years Max Muncy.”

In my defense, I have heard a lot more dumb s--- in here that was serious.

1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

I wish the owners in my league wouldn't touch Trout cuz he's fish.

What's with LAA and their fishy player names anyway. Franchise player Salmon then Trout. Next is Fluke or Bass I guess.

As for Hunter Dozier. He's legit.

keeping my eyes peeled on the LAA minors names :P

Bomb vs Cole last night. This dude really is turning heads this year, mostly pitchers as they see the ball sail over their heads.

Everything's looking legit. No idea where it came from and didn't expect it, but seems he's legitimately good now. This aint a fluke.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Bomb vs Cole last night. This dude really is turning heads this year, mostly pitchers as they see the ball sail over their heads.

Everything's looking legit. No idea where it came from and didn't expect it, but seems he's legitimately good now. This aint a fluke.

V hyped. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

Last I read he leads the MLB in OPS....OPS is arguably the single most telling statistic about how well a batter is hitting and Hunter Dozier is #1 in May

And all his advanced stats say he is legit. I think at this point I'm going to call him a Top 50 player

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

Second rounder next year

Why not a first rounder? 😉

Need to see it for a longer period since this is his first successful run in the majors, but he's definitely looking like a possibility when the advanced stats back it all up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, terminator10 said:

Last I read he leads the MLB in OPS....OPS is arguably the single most telling statistic about how well a batter is hitting and Hunter Dozier is #1 in May

And all his advanced stats say he is legit. I think at this point I'm going to call him a Top 50 player

Move over Mike Trout. Hunter's going #1 next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This guy puts up something positive in the box score every single day.  [...] It's also nice having the 1B/3B position eligibility. But I haven't really paid attention to how much time he's getting at each position. Is he actually playing any 1st base this year?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, DFWSooner said:

This guy puts up something positive in the box score every single day.  [...] It's also nice having the 1B/3B position eligibility. But I haven't really paid attention to how much time he's getting at each position. Is he actually playing any 1st base this year?

Per Baseball Reference, has played 1st base three times this season, in a three game stretch from May 1st-3rd.  With Ryan O'Hearn not really taking the job and Kelvin Gutierrez looking to have some potential, he may be in line for more starts at 1B.