urban2014

Will Fuller 2019 Outlook

The often injured WR had a remarkable season last year, before the inevitable injury. In healthy this season, he might surprise some people 

I like that whole passing offense this year will have to see where his ADP falls. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

The often injured WR had a remarkable season last year, before the inevitable injury. In healthy this season, he might surprise some people 

I'm skeptical about his value now with keke in year 2.  I'm sure Fuller may give a few big weeks with long td passes but I like the way they used keke as an extension of the running game last season and expect to see him to be more like edelman in the short and intermediate mismatch game with the consistent weekly points.   Hopkins naturally getting the bulk of the work and big plays.

I think watson learned last season that the big plays will take care of themselves but you have to move the ball in 5-10yd increments to keep your offense on the field and be efficient in making plays.  You cant keep holding and scrambling and going to hopkins and expect to get to the SB. They were exposed in the playoffs by the Colts.

I think kekee will be the better value over fuller

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm skeptical about his value now with keke in year 2.  I'm sure Fuller may give a few big weeks with long td passes but I like the way they used keke as an extension of the running game last season and expect to see him to be more like edelman in the short and intermediate mismatch game with the consistent weekly points.   Hopkins naturally getting the bulk of the work and big plays.

I think watson learned last season that the big plays will take care of themselves but you have to move the ball in 5-10yd increments to keep your offense on the field and be efficient in making plays.  You cant keep holding and scrambling and going to hopkins and expect to get to the SB. They were exposed in the playoffs by the Colts.

I think kekee will be the better value over fuller

This makes sense. Fuller could be real boom/bust I guess. 

I was surprised to see his ADP at WR30 overall- just behind Lockett and Robinson (on FFC).   I think that's too rich for my blood but we'll see if he falls a bit. 

On Keke- he and Fuller played 4 games together last year- too small of a sample to see how they'll truly use both.   Right now, ADP's what they are, I want Keke instead.   

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I was surprised to see his ADP at WR30 overall- just behind Lockett and Robinson (on FFC).   I think that's too rich for my blood but we'll see if he falls a bit. 

On Keke- he and Fuller played 4 games together last year- too small of a sample to see how they'll truly use both.   Right now, ADP's what they are, I want Keke instead.   

I'd much rather have Lockett if that is the case.

Hi, is this the Tyler Lockett Thread? :)

Captain-Jack-Sparrow-pirates-of-the-caribbean-33979605-500-170.gif

On topic: I had Fuller twice, and yes he is boom/bust, or rather: he is a boost, and then he has a bum knee. 
In 2017 he gave you close to 10 pt/game (.5 PPR), in 2018 that was almost 13. Great stuff, but three years with a knee injury in a row? I mean, how many knees does this kid have anyway?

Been trying to buy him wherever I can in dynasty leagues. 

11 TD's in his last 17 games

70+ yards per game last year

This guy is money with Watson as his QB and Hopkins being the main focus of the opposing defense.

Just needs to stay healthy. 

He'll just get hurt as usual

Kinda worried about the ACL recovery timing. They say he will be ready week 1 but dont know how much training camp he will get in. Surely itll take some time to get in game shape and gain trust in his knee. Might even take time to get his speed back. Him and cooper kupp (same situation) worry me this year. I think I'd just take a chance on anyone else really.

• Like 1

Any news on how he looks to start camp?

18 hours ago, RyanksN said:

Any news on how he looks to start camp?

During the team session of practice, Watson threw two well-placed passes to both Akins and Fuller, which ended up dropped. Then Watson missed Coutee on a quick look that appeared to be a miscommunication where Coutee was not even looking for the football.

https://footballmaven.io/texans/news/texans-training-camp-day-7-charles-omenihu-making-moves-observations-USJ93zncdUKYZadpZUic1g/

Things are pretty quiet on this guy, especially considering he's coming back off an ACL injury.  Latest updates are a week or more old and have general messages that Fuller is looking good in camp, should be good to go for preseason Week 1, etc.  But then he didn't play a snap in Game 1 - which isn't shocking considering most of the 1's don't play the first week - but no mention if Fuller was just not playing, or if he's still not 100%.

Anyone close to Texans camp have any info on how things are going for Fuller?

Per Sports Info Solutions:

Texans WR Will Fuller was the only non RB with at least 40 targets to catch every catchable pass thrown his way (32 of 32)

That was with an Average Depth of Target that ranked 13th out of 130 players

As long as he has his explosion mostly back in his legs, he is going to ball out this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People are rightfully a bit scared off by his injury history, but I think he was right on the verge of a huge breakthrough last year, and with some decent health luck he is gonna pick back up and be an absolute steal at his 6th-7th Rd ADP. His upside is palpable.

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

People are rightfully a bit scared off by his injury history, but I think he was right on the verge of a huge breakthrough last year, and with some decent health luck he is gonna pick back up and be an absolute steal at his 6th-7th Rd ADP. His upside is palpable.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

In my 12 man standard league Will Fuller was part of a trade for Josh Jacobs. Will Fuller, Phillip Lindsay, Royce Freeman, and next years 8th rounder for Josh Jacobs and Mattison. Was this a gross overpay on the part of original Will Fuller owner? I feel like he has the most keeper potential out of that group of players.

51 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He fell to me in the 8th of a 12 teamer, was pretty surprised no one took him earlier. I'm hoping this season for Fuller is like the year Kenan Allen came back strong after two injury ended seasons. Sure, Fuller won't get the target share Allen got/gets, but his big plays are somewhat of an equalizer. 

I could easily see 75 catches for 1250 yards and 9 tds for fuller if he and watson play all 16 games. #butHEWONTANDWEALLKNOWIT

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.STD said:

He fell to me in the 8th of a 12 teamer, was pretty surprised no one took him earlier. I'm hoping this season for Fuller is like the year Kenan Allen came back strong after two injury ended seasons. Sure, Fuller won't get the target share Allen got/gets, but his big plays are somewhat of an equalizer. 

I got him at 9.05 in a 0.5 PPR 12 team league. 

There are serious concerns about his durability but the upside is juicy.

Let's face it. This is the make or break year for Fuller.

Well, he is under contract through 2020, unrestricted free agent in 2021 but coming off back to back seasons ended by injury he should have something to prove. Put 2 good seasons of film out there this year and next year and he could pull in a nice contract. Gotta prove he can stay healthy though.

Seriously is there a WR better than Fuller at his current ADP that can pay dividends like Fuller can? He has amazig chemistry with Watson, when they are on the same page it is dangerous. He plays with Hopkins who will get fed but that means the speedy Fuller gets the 2nd best CB every week. This guy could put up easy peasy WR2 numbers and it shouldnt be a surprise to anyone cause based on his history it's not a matter of talent or situation it is literally only about injury.

I like him for 1,000+ yards. I hope for 10 TDs and if healthy seems like he could make it based on his big play ability.

• Like 2

Excited to have him rostered, but I don't think I can start him Monday night wk1. Nobody to pivot to if he gets hurt before the game starts. 

• Like 1