urban2014

Will Fuller 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

This is a good thing. I’d expect full practices next week and a 100% Fuller on Thursday. We want him for the rest of the season even though the matchup is nice this week.

25 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

This is a good thing. I’d expect full practices next week and a 100% Fuller on Thursday. We want him for the rest of the season even though the matchup is nice this week.

Indy matchup at home should be also a good start 

Pretty sure I made a Marge Simpson noise out loud  when reading the latest injury report.

2 hours ago, altmin said:

Pretty sure I made a Marge Simpson noise out loud  when reading the latest injury report.

Why? He was limited all last week and didnt play

1 hour ago, Silkk1211 said:

Why? He was limited all last week and didnt play

was hoping for progress as he was supposed to be a game time decision for yesterday, now it is GTD for Thursday as well. seems like recovery has plateaued. 

• Like 1

[...] Fuller would be such a great flex in standard, because the matchup is fine, at home, coming off a bad away loss without him. However, I simply can't bring myself to risk aggravation and a big fat 0 in my lineup and will play a middling upside-less option over Fuller. Yikes.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

37 minutes ago, frog34 said:

[...] Fuller would be such a great flex in standard, because the matchup is fine, at home, coming off a bad away loss without him. However, I simply can't bring myself to risk aggravation and a big fat 0 in my lineup and will play a middling upside-less option over Fuller. Yikes.

I’m going to follow practice reports and news but if he gets upgraded to full today or tomorrow and no negative news comes out prior to kickoff I will be throwing him out there in a couple lineups. Like you said, they are @home and coming off a bad loss and it should be shootout. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

I’m going to follow practice reports and news but if he gets upgraded to full today or tomorrow and no negative news comes out prior to kickoff I will be throwing him out there in a couple lineups. Like you said, they are @home and coming off a bad loss and it should be shootout. 

I agree, matchup + circumstances are mouth-watering. However, practice reports on a short week don't have much merit. They took a physical beating in Baltimore. The practice on short weeks is basically limited to walkthroughs for most teams anyway. Would feel better if Fuller is deemed FP today, but I don't expect it. If he remains limited and is just upgraded to FP on Wednesday, this doesn't mean anything at all. If he remains limited throughout, he is a no-go for me. Given that coach deemed him a GTD already, I'm not optimistic at all.

2 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

I dont agree that it's a shootout- TNF is always a crapshoot and Indy does not travel that well on the road on a short week. Could be a blowout- taking the air out of the ball. I don't think he's a great start this week- game time decisions back to back. If you need an unknown ceiling this week, yeah, go for it, but I got screwed on TNF last week and you really don't know what you're going to get.

Is fuller even worth holding onto? Pats next week, then fantasy playoffs. 

And yes- I went against what I said on Saturday because I thought he played last week and Watson looked awful- as well as Indy's offense...Jags just puked all over the field. 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

6 hours ago, frog34 said:

I agree, matchup + circumstances are mouth-watering. However, practice reports on a short week don't have much merit. They took a physical beating in Baltimore. The practice on short weeks is basically limited to walkthroughs for most teams anyway. Would feel better if Fuller is deemed FP today, but I don't expect it. If he remains limited and is just upgraded to FP on Wednesday, this doesn't mean anything at all. If he remains limited throughout, he is a no-go for me. Given that coach deemed him a GTD already, I'm not optimistic at all.

FWIW Fuller didn't take a beating Sunday 😜

14 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Remains a GTD...IF he is playing, then I will be deploying him as a WR2

I think that's the right approach, but it feels so risky. There's a not insignificant chance that he's active, and plays a series or two before being taken out. He could also be on a snap count by design. You're signing up for a possible donut. 

As long as he’s been out I highly doubt they play him if he isn’t fully ready. If he’s active I’m starting.

Reasons why I'm benching unless I see a full practice today.

1. TNF

2. Coming off an injury that can easily be aggravated.

3. Outside of the ATL game he has been very mediocre with multiple bad drops

I understand some don't have much of an option though.

Edited by affliction
  • Like 2

I’m of the mindset if he is set to play Thursday then the team thinks he is back to 100%. They are thinking about playoffs not just one game, so I doubt they would risk anything. 

If he plays I’m starting him, it’d feel a lot better seeing him go for 4 points in your lineup then 20+ on your bench

Just now, Breesus said:

it’d feel a lot better seeing him go for 4 points in your lineup then 20+ on your bench

Well maybe this part isn’t true lol

58 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I’m of the mindset if he is set to play Thursday then the team thinks he is back to 100%.

I thought the same thing last week with Pittsburgh and played Conner, on Thursday night. 

He had a hamstring setback in game in 2016. I really don't want to start him but I might not have a choice. I'd feel better if this wasn't a TNF game but I do expect Watson to bounce back from last week.

Will Fuller Injury History

Date League Injury Details
Oct 25, 2018 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Fuller tore his right ACL in the 4th quarter of a Thursday night game against the Dolphins and missed the rest of the season. He had surgery in the last week of October.
Aug 15, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Fuller "tweaked" a hamstring in an August practice. He sat out the whole preseason (coming off January knee surgery) and missed the regular-season opener.
Dec 31, 2017 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Fuller left Week 17 early with a left knee injury. He had "minor" surgery shortly thereafter.
Nov 12, 2017 NFL Chest Rib Fracture Fuller left Week 10 in the 2nd quarter and missed the next 3 games with cracked ribs.
Aug 2, 2017 NFL Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Fuller missed the entire preseason and 1st 3 games of the regular season with a broken collarbone.
Oct 30, 2016 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Fuller left Week 8 with an unspecified left knee injury that cost him the game after the Week 9 bye.
Oct 11, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Fuller missed 1 game because of a setback with his hamstring injury.
Sep 7, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Fuller popped up on the injury report leading up to Week 1 but played through his hamstring issue.
  • Like 1

He has had 1 good game all season.  I am laughing that anyone would consider him a WR2 at this point.  If he plays, he is a boom/bust WR3 until he proves otherwise.  He can't be trusted.  If you are desperate for upside, I could see starting him, but not otherwise.

Edited by esprits4s

On 11/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, oliminator123 said:

FWIW Fuller didn't take a beating Sunday 😜

He didn't take a beating, but I can't imagine the Texans doing anything that goes beyond a walkthrough in preparation for TNF, especially not after a tough battle @BAL. So it doesn't matter if Fuller is listed as LP or FP, since there is really no physical action going on.

But from a psychological view, I hope he's at least a FP on Wednesday. FP would give me the additional 1% of confidence I need to fire him as my season-saving desperation flex!

All things considered, James Washington looks like a better start this week and probably available on your waiver wire.

Fuller is likely not 100% which is a big deal considering his skill set. If he can’t run really fast how effective can he be? The potential for an early hamstring aggravation is very real and could result in a big goose egg in your starting lineup. Besides all that, Fuller hasn’t been that great anyway outside of one big game. Matchup vs Colts on Thursday night isn’t especially appealing. Fuller could simply be used as a field stretching decoy tonight.

James Washington’s last 3 games are right on par with Fuller’s usual production. Washington has no injury concerns, will be playing at full speed, and figures to be Pittsburgh’s #1 WR this week with injuries to JuJu and DJ. The cherry on top is the matchup vs Bengals. With no Conner, the rushing game could struggle leading to a more pass heavy game script than we’d otherwise expect vs Bengals.

Given the circumstances, the likelihood of Fuller blowing up is very low, and the potential for a massive dud is reasonably high. Conversely, James Washington is almost assuredly going to see a healthy dose of targets and opportunities. The potential for Washington to have a big week is reasonably high, and his floor seems high as well. 

Fuller will be on my bench, Washington in my lineup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

All things considered, James Washington looks like a better start this week and probably available on your waiver wire.

Fuller is likely not 100% which is a big deal considering his skill set. If he can’t run really fast how effective can he be? The potential for an early hamstring aggravation is very real and could result in a big goose egg in your starting lineup. Besides all that, Fuller hasn’t been that great anyway outside of one big game. Matchup vs Colts on Thursday night isn’t especially appealing. Fuller could simply be used as a field stretching decoy tonight.

James Washington’s last 3 games are right on par with Fuller’s usual production. Washington has no injury concerns, will be playing at full speed, and figures to be Pittsburgh’s #1 WR this week with injuries to JuJu and DJ. The cherry on top is the matchup vs Bengals. With no Conner, the rushing game could struggle leading to a more pass heavy game script than we’d otherwise expect vs Bengals.

Given the circumstances, the likelihood of Fuller blowing up is very low, and the potential for a massive dud is reasonably high. Conversely, James Washington is almost assuredly going to see a healthy dose of targets and opportunities. The potential for Washington to have a big week is reasonably high, and his floor seems high as well. 

Fuller will be on my bench, Washington in my lineup.

I’ll take Watson’s #2 target over any of Rudolph’s targets any day of the week. Fuller has been out almost 5 weeks so I would have to think they wouldn’t bring him back unless he was at or at least very close to 100%. You could also argue that juju and johnson being out actually hurts washingtons value as he’ll draw more attention. Steelers will get an early lead and run the ball and be super conservative still being in the playoff picture. Give me fuller all day over any pass catcher (aside from Samuels) in Pitt.

• Like 2