urban2014

Will Fuller 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Although it has to be mentioned that Marvell Tell has been praised in recent weeks and graded out well. Was nominated for Rookie of the Week in his first start last week. He is a converted safety who had a freakish combine and was moved to CB by the Colts.

Coutee is inactive fwiw. Idk if he is still injured, but Watson and their coaching staff were singing his praises all week. Only 4 WRs active. Must be very confident in Fuller's hamstring, right? RIGHT???

Thought about it, but ultimately I'm. Not starting him. 

Enjoy the 7/125/3 game everyone. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Didn’t Marvin Jones blow up earlier in the season too? Is his upside “mammoth” too? Anyone who’s actually watched Fuller play knows his upside is limited.

1) He’s not the #1 WR on his team

2) He drops way too many balls to ever be a consistent option from week to week.

His upside is 53 PPR points because he literally did that 7 weeks ago. Noone is saying that hes consistent, or that you should start him, nor does it matter that hes not the WR1 or whatever. But his ceiling is literally one of the highest of all wide receivers in the game.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Thought about it, but ultimately I'm. Not starting him. 

Enjoy the 7/125/3 game everyone. 

i've been back and forth between him and curtis samuel. now i don't even want to watch the game lol. i'm stickin w samuel.  

Took the plunge on him tonight. dang- came back with style. 10 days to heal the hammy now too if any issues...I think he played almost every snap. Something the colts should’ve let TY do

12 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

All things considered, James Washington looks like a better start this week and probably available on your waiver wire.

Fuller is likely not 100% which is a big deal considering his skill set. If he can’t run really fast how effective can he be? The potential for an early hamstring aggravation is very real and could result in a big goose egg in your starting lineup. Besides all that, Fuller hasn’t been that great anyway outside of one big game. Matchup vs Colts on Thursday night isn’t especially appealing. Fuller could simply be used as a field stretching decoy tonight.

James Washington’s last 3 games are right on par with Fuller’s usual production. Washington has no injury concerns, will be playing at full speed, and figures to be Pittsburgh’s #1 WR this week with injuries to JuJu and DJ. The cherry on top is the matchup vs Bengals. With no Conner, the rushing game could struggle leading to a more pass heavy game script than we’d otherwise expect vs Bengals.

Given the circumstances, the likelihood of Fuller blowing up is very low, and the potential for a massive dud is reasonably high. Conversely, James Washington is almost assuredly going to see a healthy dose of targets and opportunities. The potential for Washington to have a big week is reasonably high, and his floor seems high as well. 

Fuller will be on my bench, Washington in my lineup.

He beat the odds!  

For your sake, I hope Jimmy W has a blow-up game, too, this week.

• Like 1

Congrats to those who started him.  I assume that most of you were desperate for upside and he delivered.  Pisses me off that I drafted him in my main league but lost him mid-season while trying to manage the bye weeks.

Edited by esprits4s
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

He beat the odds!  

For your sake, I hope Jimmy W has a blow-up game, too, this week.

Thanks, I appreciate it. But I actually ended up starting Fuller over Washington due to the comments in this thread. Wish I started Washington over Hines though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What’s crazy is this very easily could of been a 200+ yard 2 td game had he not had to lay out for the bombs. I think hes almost a must start going forward with all the targets he sees combined with the big play potential.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

What’s crazy is this very easily could of been a 200+ yard 2 td game had he not had to lay out for the bombs. I think hes almost a must start going forward with all the targets he sees combined with the big play potential.

Has to be. For sure- not a terrible schedule but he's with an elite qb...he just looked really good. Starting to think the ACL recovery is fully completed as it is this time of year from last season injuries. Confidence building and looked not rusty at all 

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Has to be. For sure- not a terrible schedule but he's with an elite qb...he just looked really good. Starting to think the ACL recovery is fully completed as it is this time of year from last season injuries. Confidence building and looked not rusty at all 

He had no drops today which was very encouraging

Watch the injury report and practices next week. i saw him point or grab his hammy after his big catch. 

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Watch the injury report and practices next week. i saw him point or grab his hammy after his big catch. 

Wish I would have played him now but this is why I didn't.

Oh well

He will reel you in with this performance and then kill your team with a 1st quarter hamstring pull in round 1 of playoffs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, affliction said:

Wish I would have played him now but this is why I didn't.

Oh well

fwiw he caught a few passes after that play. So who knows. Not a huge concern imo.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dashoe said:

He didn't miss a snap so I'm guessing it was minor...luck to have 10 days to heal and rehab. he looked incredible last night- crazy separation and made all his catches. he and Hopkins co wr1s last night 

I started him with the logic that Houston is fighting for a playoff spot and if that happens it will be on the shoulders of DeShaun Watson. I am literally hoping for 5-90 lines here on out with a TD every other game. Not sure I start him week 15; but if healthy, TB matchup week 16 looks great

kid deserves props as an elite WR1 talent ... sketchy hands, and brittle af, but no denying the dood's chops. 

how many ham n' egger numb nutz replace this kid in the Texans lineup and do bupkis?

sure, a blowup here and there - but nobody ever brings the consistent home run threat this foo' does. 

he's a remarkable asset with Watson chuckin' it and Nuk on the uddah side ... teams in the playoffs already who are rostering any combo of the three are guaranteed a 'chip by virtue of that week 16 matchup with the Yucs - all three will feast like the magick foosball mamalukes they truly are. 

raining points, man ... like a meteor shower ... space debris and all that junk - buy sumpin' nice for the wife and kiddies, why don'tcha ☎️

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

kid deserves props as an elite WR1 talent ... sketchy hands, and brittle af, but no denying the dood's chops. 

how many ham n' egger numb nutz replace this kid in the Texans lineup and do bupkis?

sure, a blowup here and there - but nobody ever brings the consistent home run threat this foo' does. 

he's a remarkable asset with Watson chuckin' it and Nuk on the uddah side ... teams in the playoffs already who are rostering any combo of the three are guaranteed a 'chip by virtue of that week 16 matchup with the Yucs - all three will feast like the magick foosball mamalukes they truly are. 

raining points, man ... like a meteor shower ... space debris and all that junk - buy sumpin' nice for the wife and kiddies, why don'tcha ☎️

Happy to have the Watson/Fuller stack.

Fuller was garbage with Brock Osweiler but Watson likes Fuller and Fuller likes Watson. They had a connection their first year together. Fuller was making contested catches regularly from Watson, Watson got injured and so did Fuller but that hasn't changed the dynamic between them when healthy. When they are both healthy together they usually ball out and that's a fact, jack.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1