urban2014

Will Fuller 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

27 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

kid deserves props as an elite WR1 talent ... sketchy hands, and brittle af, but no denying the dood's chops. 

how many ham n' egger numb nutz replace this kid in the Texans lineup and do bupkis?

sure, a blowup here and there - but nobody ever brings the consistent home run threat this foo' does. 

he's a remarkable asset with Watson chuckin' it and Nuk on the uddah side ... teams in the playoffs already who are rostering any combo of the three are guaranteed a 'chip by virtue of that week 16 matchup with the Yucs - all three will feast like the magick foosball mamalukes they truly are. 

raining points, man ... like a meteor shower ... space debris and all that junk - buy sumpin' nice for the wife and kiddies, why don'tcha ☎️

Everyone expected Stills to step in and replicate Fuller, but he just can't. Wish he could stay healthy and Watson would have two beasts to throw to. 

• Like 1

[...]

Happy to see this cat back and playing - Watson loves throwing to him and he was a bargain pickup from team's who dropped him while he was hurt trying to backfill rosters on bye weeks.  WINNING!

spacer.png

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed complaint about deleted comment. PM if you have questions/complaints.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

Watch the injury report and practices next week. i saw him point or grab his hammy after his big catch. 

That happened at the start of 3rd quarter but he played the whole game and he caught a couple more long bombs so I don’t expect it to be serious

He can win FF titles if you start him at the right time...playoff opponents - DEN, TEN, and TB. I see two boom potential games in there.

Of course, you have to live with his injury-prone label.

2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

He can win FF titles if you start him at the right time...playoff opponents - DEN, TEN, and TB. I see two boom potential games in there.

Of course, you have to live with his injury-prone label.

as long as Nuk draws the primary coverage and Watson is not getting smashed, Fuller will always have opportunity to boom.

He was dropped in my league and I'm going to pick him up off waivers.  Don't need him necessarily but don't want to see him being used against me either in the playoffs.  

14 minutes ago, Vivens26 said:

Anybody starting him next week against NE? 

As I have repeated throughout this thread, IF he is healthy, he is my WR2 every week. The upside is too immense and the the floor is just fine when considering all things.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

As I have repeated throughout this thread, IF he is healthy, he is my WR2 every week. The upside is too immense and the the floor is just fine when considering all things.

I am with ya...I just don't get it why you would bench him. Considering where he was drafted, he is likely in everyones lineup as a WR3 or a flex and how could you ask for a better one? Excluding the fist game he played against IND when he left after one of the first plays of the game, he has played in 7 full games and here are his point totals in PPR...

Week 1: 8.9 points
Week 2: 8
Week 3: 10.1
Week 4: 5.3
Week 5: 55.7
Week 6: 9.4
Week 12: 22

Unless your lineup is loaded and you are a heavy favorite in your match up, I don't see how you could possibly bench him. Aside from week 4, he has provided a floor of 8-10 ppr points in 5 games and 2 games that likely won you your week if being used as your flex. As long as he plays, he'll be in my lineups.

5 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

I am with ya...I just don't get it why you would bench him. Considering where he was drafted, he is likely in everyones lineup as a WR3 or a flex and how could you ask for a better one? Excluding the fist game he played against IND when he left after one of the first plays of the game, he has played in 7 full games and here are his point totals in PPR...

Week 1: 8.9 points
Week 2: 8
Week 3: 10.1
Week 4: 5.3
Week 5: 55.7
Week 6: 9.4
Week 12: 22

Unless your lineup is loaded and you are a heavy favorite in your match up, I don't see how you could possibly bench him. Aside from week 4, he has provided a floor of 8-10 ppr points in 5 games and 2 games that likely won you your week if being used as your flex. As long as he plays, he'll be in my lineups.

You conveniently left out week 7 when he got hurt and got 1 pt.  Thats why he's risky and not a guaranteed start.  For all of his upside you have to be able to accept a donut when glass man breaks in the first quarter.  (for transparency I started him last night due injury and bye necessity)

3 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

You conveniently left out week 7 when he got hurt and got 1 pt.  Thats why he's risky and not a guaranteed start.  For all of his upside you have to be able to accept a donut when glass man breaks in the first quarter.  (for transparency I started him last night due injury and bye necessity)

Lol I clearly pointed that game out. It’s the nfl and injuries happen weekly. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Yeah everyone has a chance to get injured. Just talk to the Barkley/Tyreek owners this year (ME)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

Lol I clearly pointed that game out. It’s the nfl and injuries happen weekly. 

My bad.. I was looking at the numbers/weeks you listed.  Injuries happen but this guy is a higher risk than most.  I agree he's great when healthy but you have to take on the risk that you get #$@# on any given week.  

4 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

My bad.. I was looking at the numbers/weeks you listed.  Injuries happen but this guy is a higher risk than most.  I agree he's great when healthy but you have to take on the risk that you get #$@# on any given week.  

But the upside and power of the Force is so immense in this one....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

But the upside and power of the Force is so immense in this one....

Its a little over 200 yards and 3 TDs

Good points made in here. His floor isn't as bad as some make it out to be. I'll take his 8-10 points for the chance of hitting a boom game. Most other comparable WR3 options have no better floor, but Fuller has the highest ceiling of any non-elite WR. He is definitely a higher iniury-risk than others. Colts game is a good example. However, Tyreek Hill put up two such games this season where he left early, and I'd still start him without a doubt if he suits up next week. Could happen to any player. As it looks right now, Fuller is close to 100% and has 10 days until his next game. He will be in my lineup!

4 hours ago, frog34 said:

Good points made in here. His floor isn't as bad as some make it out to be. I'll take his 8-10 points for the chance of hitting a boom game. Most other comparable WR3 options have no better floor, but Fuller has the highest ceiling of any non-elite WR. He is definitely a higher iniury-risk than others. Colts game is a good example. However, Tyreek Hill put up two such games this season where he left early, and I'd still start him without a doubt if he suits up next week. Could happen to any player. As it looks right now, Fuller is close to 100% and has 10 days until his next game. He will be in my lineup!

Except his floor isn't 8-10 points in half PPR. It's around 5 points or less with a risk of 0-1 points. 

I agree his boom potential is worth starting but guys like this can also lose you weeks. See DeSean Jackson, Kenny Stills type of guys in their career.

Would rather have a steady floor like DJ Moore, John Brown, Cortland Sutton even though the TDs are lacking.

I lost the week i started Fuller vs KC when he dropped 3 TDs. Yes, he "could have had" a monster game, but he didn't.

Are you prepared to start him in the fantasy playoffs with the risk of doing nothing? How come no one is talking about how he came up holding his hamstring after that 50 yard catch the other night? This guy can't stay healthy. Who knows if it's genes, nutrition, lifestyle, belief system, but he is one of those guys.

I was happy to see him pop off for a vintage Watson/Fuller connection this week, but good luck to you when your season is on the line.

4 hours ago, frog34 said:

Tyreek Hill got his collarbone busted and doesn't have a career of soft tissue injuries since high school

Floor discussion is just stupid. Yeah Fuller got injured after 1 catch and 5 snaps, so what? His target share has been healthy all season long as Watson, one of the better QBs in the NFL, loves to target him. They might not always connect on the homeruns, which leaves his floor unstable. But the likes of Kupp, Evans, Keenan, Diggs or Lockett had some epic duds as well that weren't injury-related. Of course you can't put Fuller in that tier. Yet actually I wouldn't be surprised if he has a nice WR2 finish with a much better floor than anticipated. His statline was great, but he was a desperation shoestring tackle away from a 200/1 explosion. That's rare upside.

• Like 1

I think a lot of us need to put the early part of the season behind us. He was coming off a torn ACL, pulled a hammy. He's had a few weeks to rehab both hammy and ACL, and probably build his confidence back up since it's hard to trust a knee after tearing it. Not everyone is Cooper kupp but it is impressive Fuller looked really good on his first game back 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, austin316 said:

Except his floor isn't 8-10 points in half PPR. It's around 5 points or less with a risk of 0-1 points. 

I agree his boom potential is worth starting but guys like this can also lose you weeks. See DeSean Jackson, Kenny Stills type of guys in their career.

Would rather have a steady floor like DJ Moore, John Brown, Cortland Sutton even though the TDs are lacking.

I lost the week i started Fuller vs KC when he dropped 3 TDs. Yes, he "could have had" a monster game, but he didn't.

Are you prepared to start him in the fantasy playoffs with the risk of doing nothing? How come no one is talking about how he came up holding his hamstring after that 50 yard catch the other night? This guy can't stay healthy. Who knows if it's genes, nutrition, lifestyle, belief system, but he is one of those guys.

I was happy to see him pop off for a vintage Watson/Fuller connection this week, but good luck to you when your season is on the line.

As I stated earlier, and many will agree on here, yes he's risky but look at the BOOM potential.  

For guys who are fortunate like myself avoiding injuries, I'm picking him up off waivers but don't have the room to start him.  However if someone goes down, not only is he the perfect flex piece, he's excellent depth.

Watson loves this guy.  He's going to get plenty of targets and those pristine one-on-one matchups with Hopkins pulling double coverage and #1 corners to him every game.

• Thanks 1