urban2014

Will Fuller 2019 Outlook

Never considered drafting him. The price wasn't too steep, but coming off ACL surgery and having that injury-prone label made him undraftable for me. I also considered Stills being in the mix for targets, who is no slouch by himself.

That said, I picked up Fuller in 2 leagues for free. It paid off already, as I had to start him to survive bye week hell. Now that bye weeks are gone, I will flex him in most weeks. Looks more solid to me than people think. Watson loves him, it's a very good passing offense, Hopkins gets the main attention, Fuller can outrun any CB in the league.

• Like 1

Anyone feel confident in starting Fuller against Pats? It's a home game and Gilmore might be shadowing Nuk entire game. Targets have to be funneled somewhere for Watson.

10 minutes ago, dynst1988 said:

Anyone feel confident in starting Fuller against Pats? It's a home game and Gilmore might be shadowing Nuk entire game. Targets have to be funneled somewhere for Watson.

I never feel goodstarting Fuller lmao. That said, sure why not. My only concern is I know one corner on the patriots is just as fast (I think it’s JC Jackson... not 100% sure) and they will probably double fuller and let Gilmore do his thing on Hopkins. 

12 minutes ago, dynst1988 said:

I think gilmore will cover fuller. But that is my wild uneducated guess.

2 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

I think gilmore will cover fuller. But that is my wild uneducated guess.

I thought so until I saw Gilmore shadow Cooper pretty much entire game. However, Gallup is not Fuller type talent and I can see that being a possibility with Nuke getting bracketed. 

Yeah I gotta believe BB will have Gilmore on Nuke all damn day. Fuller is gonna get some singled up coverages, as usual, and while the NE safties are solid, in some cover 0 looks they are gonna be on Fuller solo...he can do some major damage this week, just need Watson to get the time to find him downfield!

My guess is the Patriots are going to scheme the Texans as they did the Browns. Gilmore will lock with Nuk and Fuller is going to get jammed, but the top is going to be taken away, while rushing 4 and getting pressure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dynst1988 said:

Absolutely not...Pats D is ridiculous. Fuller's basically a hail mary flex play / WR4 this week. What's the odds Watson throws for 300 and 2? 5%?

Hate this matchup, but due to injuries don't have many other options. Hopefully someone will get healthy.

Just 1 TD allowed to a WR in 11 games is downright scary. However, not many good WRs on the Pats schedule. Cooper in the rainy hurricane game, and Beckham earlier in the year when their offense was among the rock bottom units in the league. Pats certainly haven't faced a duo like Nuk/Fuller. It remains a very scary matchup though. High donut alert!

Gonna start him but not expecting much. Pats rarely give up big plays to receivers. The only speedy receiver that’s ever consistently scored against them is tyreek hill but that’s bc no one can run with the guy 

7 hours ago, dmody91 said:

Fuller isn’t going to tear up the patriots 

Fuller can tear up any secondary in the league.

There isn't a corner on the Patriots or in the league that can cover him 1 on 1. People who can watch the coaches tape(not what you see on t.v.)will tell you that. Add in Watson scrambling around and Fuller is pretty much a nightmare.

I’m gonna have to start him in my most important matchup with playoffs on the line but I don’t really have any great options to play over him. Atleast it is a home game where weather will not be a factor and in primetime. Also helps that it’s a huge game for the texans.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Fuller can tear up any secondary in the league.

There isn't a corner on the Patriots or in the league that can cover him 1 on 1. People who can watch the coaches tape(not what you see on t.v.)will tell you that. Add in Watson scrambling around and Fuller is pretty much a nightmare.

Idk about that. Gilmore is the best cb in the league this year but he'll be on dhop I'd imagine. Can fuller blow up? Sure. Can he lay a goose egg too? Sure

Gilmore will cover Nuk, Jonathan Jones is the pats fastest corner (help neutralize T Hill in last years playoff) he will likely cover Fuller when 1 on 1. JC Jackson is a good corner but not fast enough to stay with Fuller. That would be a bad matchup. J Jones can run with Fuller and will give him trouble. I am sure they will attempt to hit Fuller a few times but Texas will try to run Hyde on their D. I am not playing Fuller. 

17 minutes ago, Vivens26 said:

Start able this week?

Always startable when both he and Watson are healthy. This is a rough matchup, however.

1 hour ago, Vivens26 said:

Patriots run a zone defense right? 

In theory this was the case over the years. But my eye test tells me they play a blitz-heavy man scheme with Gilmore playing at All World level. Not much time for the QB to throw though, and opposite Gilmore they will often double with a safety.

• Like 2