urban2014

Will Fuller 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Vivens26 said:

Patriots run a zone defense right? 

NO, they rush 5(sometimes 6) , they have Gilmore play one on one and roll coverage to help Jones cover the other teams WR2...It really makes it tough on long routes as the QB usually doesn't have time for the play to develop....One WR has caught a TD vs the Pats this year(Golden Tate of all people)...

• Like 2

I have to start, injuries are forcing my hand. Hoping he can defy the odds.

Who's rolling the dice on Fuller vs. DEN?

Bounce back game or just a coin flip?  Who is DEN's second best CB?

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Who's rolling the dice on Fuller vs. DEN?

Bounce back game or just a coin flip?  Who is DEN's second best CB?

Denver bleeding big plays lately (see Mike Williams). I think he's a good WR3 start in 3 WR leagues. Flex...I'd lean RB in 0.5 PPR

Gut is telling me he's gonna have a fine WR2/3/flex game. Harris on Hopkins, Texans implied high points, Broncos offense nothing special. Broncos bleeding big plays lately to Mike Williams and allowed old Phil Rivers to pass all over them in Mile High...

Also a bit healthier than before. Thoughts? 

Throwing him out there in a deep league flex spot.. Could probably play it a lot safer with some of the other options available (as I'm sure many of us could) but with it being the playoffs I'm ok swinging for the fences on a player or two.

I do like the fact that he's coming off his worst statistical game of the season, so he'll be hungry to make some catches.

I need his upside this week, who else is rolling with Will this week?  

If Von Miller can’t go, I’d confidently start him playing in dome over James Washington. 

CB Devante Harris (no Chris) should be lined up against him and he isn’t a special talent. 

No Miller, less pressure, more time for deep routes to develop. 

(Let’s hope Watkins doesn’t look Stills’ way often lol)

In theory at least.....

Edited by Jack Valentine

i'm trying to decide between him and sterling sheppard. hammy injuries are tough and he has a big history of it. 1st week of playoffs, and worried i'll get that notification in the 1Q. strained hammy and not returning. for sure boom or bust. can lose your matchup or blow up and single handedly win it. 

I am def concerned there was some sort of mild setback and he is gutting thru it. Didn't look right last week, even if he just missed a long TD.

The reward is so big that he is usually worth the risk, but with everything at stake it gets dicier.

In the 2nd Rd (16 teamer PPR) as a very slight underdog, I am between him and Higbee for flex...

IF he plays, I am rolling with him. TEN secondary is not daunting. I think he could have prob gutted it out last week, but they played it safe and held him back for this big div tilt?

14 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

IF he plays, I am rolling with him. TEN secondary is not daunting. I think he could have prob gutted it out last week, but they played it safe and held him back for this big div tilt?

part of me also think they could beat Denver without him but that definitely did not happen 

From the great By the Numbers column:

The Titans' CB group is in an awful state at the moment:

Malcolm Butler (wrist, IR) is done for the season.

Adoree' Jackson (foot) was sidelined in Week 14.

LeShaun Sims (ankle) was out in Weeks 13-14.

Logan Ryan is generally #good, but he's also allowed more yards in slot coverage than any other CB in the league.

Tye Smith is a career backup that was on IR for all of 2018.

Tramaine Brock was released by the Cardinals after Week 13.

40 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

From the great By the Numbers column:

The Titans' CB group is in an awful state at the moment:

Malcolm Butler (wrist, IR) is done for the season.

Adoree' Jackson (foot) was sidelined in Week 14.

LeShaun Sims (ankle) was out in Weeks 13-14.

Logan Ryan is generally #good, but he's also allowed more yards in slot coverage than any other CB in the league.

Tye Smith is a career backup that was on IR for all of 2018.

Tramaine Brock was released by the Cardinals after Week 13.

Tye Smith is like Top-3 graded CB on PFF right now and will match up with Hopkins. If Fuller plays you absolutely have to start him.

Just now, Asapjoshy said:

Need a high ceiling guy... fuller if he plays ? 

Definitely high ceiling, especially against Titans. Just need to make sure he plays. 

Q Tag and obv GTD, but at least he said he feels better this week and thought the rest last week really helped.

I am sitting him in a 14 and a 16 teamer where my options are strong...my other 16 teamer I have no choice as I keep dealing with injuries and I need a huge ceiling play anyways...and he is always one of the best high ceiling dives on a given week. This game sets up so wonderfully for him...just hope the hammy is good and stays good throughout!

Arguably the most important NFL game of the week so he’s playing.  I personally think he could have played last week, but the Texans got cocky after beating NE & thought they could beat the Broncos easily so chose to rest him (oops).

Yes he’s high risk, but also super high reward (see week 5).  You’d be hard pressed to find a better lottery ticket if you have to play one!  And yes I’m rolling him out in my flex over James White & Drake.  Go big or go home!