Trench Mob

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

can i just say this pascal kid is really special. Seems to be delivering the 1-2 punch with kawaii on this raptors team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kane said:

kawhi is unstoppable

seriously

1 hour ago, Ganandorf said:

can i just say this pascal kid is really special. Seems to be delivering the 1-2 punch with kawaii on this raptors team

Agree. 29 pts with 80% FG

• Like 2

The Nuggets!? Hmm...

It may not be the Spurs of the past anymore, but s**t, good enough. Congrats Denver. What a game.

Millsap was clutch on the boards during the final minutes.

Defozen is still Defozen,he is not the leader and can't carry his team

Anyone mystified by that ending?  Down 4 with 27 seconds to go.  Pop just lets Nuggets dribble it out and call it a game.  I’ve seen so many leads blown this year with bigger deficits.  Why not foul?  Too much time left.  That was one of the most bizarre white flags I’ve seen.  I thought Pop had more competitive fire.  That was gutless.

1 minute ago, saltydogfish said:

Anyone else thinks Celtics getting away with rape on Giannis with them no calls?

They're not going to call that in the playoffs.

I mean, Giannis is just bull rushing like he's in a diner. The Celtics just overload the lanes and double teaming him right when he gets to the paint.

It's the same thing from last year. Celtics just basically copied their coverages; like they don't take them seriously. Giannis has to develop a knock down shot.

• Like 1

Rockets vs Warriors + referees = Warriors win. 

Am I the only one who thinks like this?

It seems that Warriors are much better for TV ratings than Rockets

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Rockets vs Warriors + referees = Warriors win. 

Am I the only one who thinks like this?

It seems that Warriors are much better for TV ratings than Rockets

Not so sure man. Two teams that are artists of conning referees. It's a major part of both of their game plans. Hard to feel for the rockets in this case. Harden is the biggest con-job in the game. He is pushing his legs forward to land on players feet with the specific intent of going to ground knowing if you aren't going to put pressure on your feet when you land you won't roll your ankle. Why do you think Harden hasn't had any major ankle injuries despite "landing dangerously" on peoples feet almost every single game. He's ready for it, he knows what he is doing and he is falling not trying to stay on his feet. That's flopping. As much as I'd love to see someone beat the GSW this season, I do not want it to be the Rockets. They play the worst brand of basketball in the NBA (ISO overkill), and are bent on conning refs to get there. Hard to feel for a team that is bending the rules of the game and simulating fouls to get referees calls in their favour and win to the extent the rockets do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Not so sure man. Two teams that are artists of conning referees. It's a major part of both of their game plans. Hard to feel for the rockets in this case. Harden is the biggest con-job in the game. He is pushing his legs forward to land on players feet with the specific intent of going to ground knowing if you aren't going to put pressure on your feet when you land you won't roll your ankle. Why do you think Harden hasn't had any major ankle injuries despite "landing dangerously" on peoples feet almost every single game. He's ready for it, he knows what he is doing and he is falling not trying to stay on his feet. That's flopping. As much as I'd love to see someone beat the GSW this season, I do not want it to be the Rockets. They play the worst brand of basketball in the NBA (ISO overkill), and are bent on conning refs to get there. Hard to feel for a team that is bending the rules of the game and simulating fouls to get referees calls in their favour and win to the extent the rockets do.

What bugs me is that  these fouls where defenders undercut shooters before landing were called consistently up until this game.  It was the emphasis from NBA all season long.

Love or hate Rockets (Harden),  that is the fact. 

Maybe the reason Harden did not have major ankle injury is because fouls were called in situations like this?

26 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

What bugs me is that  these fouls where defenders undercut shooters before landing were called consistently up until this game.  It was the emphasis from NBA all season long.

Love or hate Rockets (Harden),  that is the fact. 

Maybe the reason Harden did not have major ankle injury is because fouls were called in situations like this?

What's the difference if a foul is called or not in terms of injury. You're either injured or you're not. The reason he is not is because he is playing for it and has no intention of staying on his feet. I really couldn't care if they are letting it go now and not before. It's flopping, it's diving, it's simulation, it's cheating. It's not some fluke that he isn't hurt after being "under cut" every game in the season...he is playing his legs at guys to get undercut. I'm not some closet warriors fan (I don't like the way they play either - while league is out of control right now), but if the rockets win a title like this the league will suffer more for it as the cheating will just get worse and worse

As soon as I see a replay scheduled, or when they put this on ESPN classics, I have to DVR this Nuggets / Blazers game 3 and save it.

What. A. F******. Game.

Jokic eclipsed 60+ minutes. He a bad man.

^ Right because 4ot games just happen all the time. Get a grip. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jstep13 said:

^ Right because 4ot games just happen all the time. Get a grip. 

4 OT or 1st OT, he was completely gassed and could barely move with the ball in his hands towards the end of the 4th. You can obviously see he’s not in shape by NBA standards.

Look at his body and compare it to everyone else on the court during that game. Get a grip ?😂

Had a great game and is a really talented player, but theres no excuse for being out of shape. If you watched the game it was evident and just looking at his body its clear.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

10 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

4 OT or 1st OT, he was completely gassed and could barely move with the ball in his hands towards the end of the 4th. You can obviously see he’s not in shape by NBA standards.

Look at his body and compare it to everyone else on the court during that game. Get a grip ?😂

He played 65 minutes. Most of everyone on both teams. +10 compared to his team. Of course he's gonna be tired. How do you condition yourself to expect a 4OT game? He's the only player ever to have a 33+ point, 18+ rebs, 14 asst game in playoff history. Ever. Let that sink in for a moment.

lol newb.

12 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Look at his body and compare it to everyone else on the court during that game. Get a grip ?😂

Had a great game and is a really talented player, but theres no excuse for being out of shape. If you watched the game it was evident and just looking at his body its clear.

Hahaha come on man. Jokic, a 7 foot human being who weighs 250+ pounds...

Idk why you're picking on him lol. If anybody, you should've seen Kanter. He was about to have a cardiac arrest.

• Like 2

I just gotta say something else before I have to go...

Rodney f****** Hood look liked a man amongst boys out there at the end. So, Mike Malone, you couldn't let Isaiah Tomas get in there? A former MVP candidate who obviously had fresh legs and could easily get his own shot?

Ok buddy.

Edited by Trench Mob

1 hour ago, jstep13 said:

He played 65 minutes. Most of everyone on both teams. +10 compared to his team. Of course he's gonna be tired. How do you condition yourself to expect a 4OT game? He's the only player ever to have a 33+ point, 18+ rebs, 14 asst game in playoff history. Ever. Let that sink in for a moment.

lol newb.

Stop making excuses for 60 minutes and 4 OT. This guy was done with 6 minutes left in the 4th - so approx 40 minutes. He didnt burn out in the 2nd,3rd, or 4th OT.. He was burrned out when OT started.Yes he’s 7ft, I dont expect him to have the same conditioning as Dame or CJ but you need to be better. He is visibly out of shape by NBA standards. This guy was throwing 30ft cross court passes to CJ Mccolum because he was too tired to dribble

His historic statline was basically accomplished in regulation, which is extremely impressive. With that said, He literally did nothing in added time except score 3pts and turn the ball over multiple times. If you’d pull your head of out your a** you’d realize im not blaming him for being tired, but blaming him for not being in shape like the elite players he’s compared to.

The truly elite bigs in this league are in much better shape, except for Embiid who would probably burn out before Jokic

• Haha 2