Sign in to follow this  
KilloWertz

Keeper Trade (Kluber/Merrifield/J.Heyward for Bieber/M.Ozuna/T.Shaw) WHIR

This is of course in a keeper league on Yahoo, and we keep 9 players.  5x5 Roto Scoring.  I will also obviously help in return.

As the subject says, I would be trading Kluber, Merrifield, and J.Heyward for Bieber, M.Ozuna, and T.Shaw.  Obviously Shaw has been absolutely awful so far, and not really sure how much I would actually use him right now, but it's also hard to believe he's this bad after a few solid years.  Ozuna may very well be healthy finally, hitting several HR's lately.  He did this briefly last season that ended up being a mirage of course, but I think he's hit more overall this season, so that's encouraging.

My roster:

C - Wilson Ramos

1B - Paul Goldschmidt

2B - Whit Merrifield

3B - Yandy Diaz

SS - Elvis Andrus

CI - Pete Alonso

MI - Jose Ramirez

OF - J.D. Martinez

OF - Victor Robles

OF - Adam Eaton

OF - Jason Heyward

OF - Avisail Garcia

UTIL - Melky Cabrera

UTIL - Hunter Dozier

P - Corey Kluber

P - Trevor Bauer

P - Jameson Taillon

P - Joe Musgrove

P - Felipe Vazquez

P - Jose Alvarado

P - Blake Parker

P - Ryan Brasier

P - A.J. Minter

Bench - Chad Pinder, Touki Toussaint, Caleb Smith

DL - Francisco Lindor

Edited by KilloWertz

I'm hesitant doing any trade that involves losing Merri, he provides so many numbers across the board. 

Personally I'd keep him but only cause he fits so well without my own roster - he's a pretty vital piece. If you're getting numbers elsewhere, specficallty SB then maybe it's worth your while... Ozuna could be a big pay off. 

• Thanks 1

I think you're offering a little too much. Bieber has been good, but he doesn't have a resume like Kluber's who I think will fix his pitching woes going forward. And also even though Merrifield doesn't hit for power, i think he's a more valuable player than Ozuna with his speed and average. and Shaw has already been losing ABs in a crowded Brewers offense whereas Heyward's contract will at least keep him afloat in the cubs offense. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Footballislife said:

I think you're offering a little too much. Bieber has been good, but he doesn't have a resume like Kluber's who I think will fix his pitching woes going forward. And also even though Merrifield doesn't hit for power, i think he's a more valuable player than Ozuna with his speed and average. and Shaw has already been losing ABs in a crowded Brewers offense whereas Heyward's contract will at least keep him afloat in the cubs offense. 

My only issue is Shaw is not losing ABs.  He sat out on Friday because he was hurt, but he returned on Saturday and has been in the lineup ever since.  Can't argue with the rest of what you said though.

• Like 1

I think if you're looking at positional replacements, Kluber > Bieber, Merrifield > Shaw, but Ozuna > Heyward.  Perhaps you could look at a different package to get Ozuna if that is your target.  Merrifield is just too valuable in multiple cats, and Kluber should hopefully figure it out.  I think I would pass for a potentially different offer.  Thanks for the help with mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think you are giving up too much. I know Kluber is struggling, but feel he turns it around. I like Ozuna, but am higher on Whit & Jhey, than I am on Ozuna & Shaw. Jhey may come down, but would ride him as long as you can. I agree with trying a different deal for Ozuna. Thanks for mine!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ToO_BaD said:

I think if you're looking at positional replacements, Kluber > Bieber, Merrifield > Shaw, but Ozuna > Heyward.  Perhaps you could look at a different package to get Ozuna if that is your target.  Merrifield is just too valuable in multiple cats, and Kluber should hopefully figure it out.  I think I would pass for a potentially different offer.  Thanks for the help with mine.

This.

• Thanks 1

Merrifield is fantasy gold .... fills almost every stat and throw in the versatility, well that has untouchable wrote all over it.

-- At least for me 

• Thanks 1

Hold pat. Merrifield is obviously a stud and I would not be trading Kluber right now. Better chance he figures it out and stays an ace than that you get fair value at the moment. Like Ozuna but this is a horrible time to buy. If he is your target, you could put together a deal for just him as someone mentioned but I'd prefer to wait until he slumps before buying.

• Thanks 1