Sign in to follow this  
KilloWertz

Danny Santana 2019 Outlook

I'm not sure what this guy has to do to earn an every day spot in the lineup. He's been their third best hitter in fantasy behind only Adrus and Choo, yet he's only 6th on the team in ABs. He's also been better on defense then most of their OFs too.

56 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I'm not sure what this guy has to do to earn an every day spot in the lineup. He's been their third best hitter in fantasy behind only Adrus and Choo, yet he's only 6th on the team in ABs. He's also been better on defense then most of their OFs too.

He's in the lineup at 5.

I play in really competitive league, and apparently no one believes this is real since he's still available. But hard to ignore what he's been doing.

2 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

I play in really competitive league, and apparently no one believes this is real since he's still available. But hard to ignore what he's been doing.

The playing time is a very real question that makes him difficult to own.

• Like 2

^yeah. That was my point yesterday. It wasn’t a comment about that day’s starting lineup. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

The playing time is a very real question that makes him difficult to own.

He’s playing like 5 times a week, but he is producing. Right now he’s a bench guy for me, but playing time is definitely an issue. His BABIP is also pretty high, so regression is probably expected, but ride while he’s on fire I guess. 

• Like 1

I am trying to sell high [...] Stay away, regression monster.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story -- this isn't the place to talk about your other trades

I have him and riding him until the wheels fall off. No sense of not to in redraft. Don't overthink it. Maybe this is his breakout year, who knows. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

He should be playing every day. Am I wrong here??

You’re not wrong. Should be a fixture at the top of that lineup.

8 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

He should be playing every day. Am I wrong here??

I think they are doing everything they can moving forward to get him in the lineup everyday. He was even seen taking grounders at 3B this week. 

• Thanks 1

He's playing, don't worry!  Even the dead would start this guy right now. Well, never mind! I know, some of these managers, gotta keep the faith, though!

1 hour ago, Z06vette said:

He's playing, don't worry!  Even the dead would start this guy right now. Well, never mind! I know, some of these managers, gotta keep the faith, though!

Tell that to their manager over the last month.  He still has sat once or twice a week a good amount of times.  Still, he's going to play plenty.

I know I've said it before, but Guzman should never start and he still does on occasion.  Either Santana or Gallo should be the everyday 1B and then the other play CF, with Santana being the obvious choice for CF.  There's really no need for Santana to play anywhere else (like 3B) to keep him in the lineup everyday.

Gallo done.

Santana’s stock couldn’t be any higher 📈

• Like 1

Dude's amazing. Multipositioned eligibility a plus, although most valuable at 2b obviously. Before he was struggling right handed a bit, now he's killin' it from that side.

He's played SS 6 times already. Maybe it was batting 3rd in the order. The good thing is he seems to be getting less days off as expected with Gallo out.

2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

He's played SS 6 times already. Maybe it was batting 3rd in the order. The good thing is he seems to be getting less days off as expected with Gallo out.

I was referring to the 2 errors

• Like 1

Oh ok. I thought you meant his 0 for 5 with a hat trick. As far as SS goes Andrus might not miss another game ROS anyway. Andrus just became an American or he might have been in there yesterday too. 

I still can't get a solid read on this guy to determine if he's legit or is more of a Fool's Gold type of a player that is simply over performing. He continues to produce though. 

2 hours ago, quietj said:

I still can't get a solid read on this guy to determine if he's legit or is more of a Fool's Gold type of a player that is simply over performing. He continues to produce though. 

Ride the Wave!

spacer.png

Edited by IlliniGuy76