Dirty Little Birdie

Ty France 2019 Outlook

San Diego just called him up. Looks a bit crowded on the corners - not sure where playing time will come from but he's dominating AAA with a .423 BA/9 Dingers. Anything to see here or do we expect him to be limited to a pinch hitting role?

7 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

San Diego just called him up. Looks a bit crowded on the corners - not sure where playing time will come from but he's dominating AAA with a .423 BA/9 Dingers. Anything to see here or do we expect him to be limited to a pinch hitting role?

I noticed he has started 6 games at 2B at AAA so far this season.  Maybe a little offensive spark?  Give Kinsler a little break.

• Like 1

I can't imagine people will be running to the WW for him unless the league is super deep.  I would like to see the situation a little before I make an add.  

• Like 1

Not even a top 30 prospect in San Diego's system per MLB.com prospect pipeline.

The Padres are like the Bizzaro Blue Jays. They just bring guys up to the show, service time be dammed. As a fantasy player (And Fernando Tatis Jr. owner) I love this.

For France, however, I'll likely take a wait and see approach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

he's a decent gamble if you've got that last roster spot just wasting away in 14+ mixed leagues or smaller leagues with deep benches.

similar to cole tucker the other day, who profiles as more of a SB guy than power. tucker has guaranteed playing time for now, which means something, but if you're looking for lightning in a bottle, france might be better than retreads like brandon crawford or scott schebler.

fyi - read this tidbit in the minor league thread: he led the padres organization in total bases, runs and RBIs in 2018 and tied for the lead in home runs.

Prospect lists are not inerrant. Looks to me like potential plus plus power from the infield - i'll give him him churn and burn spot for a week and ask questions later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, hgh22 said:

Prospect lists are not inerrant. Looks to me like potential plus plus power from the infield - i'll give him him churn and burn spot for a week and ask questions later.

^ This

Anybody with potential plus plus power at, what looks to be 2B gets my full attention. 

• Like 1

Why did they bring him up again? 

I guess Kinsler hits 1 HR and that buys him another start maybe. 

Edited by Fantasy_Goat

10 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Is Ty France reduced to pinch hitting during his time in the bigs?

He had 1 AB on Friday and did not play on Saturday. 

Certainly looks like it.  He went 1 for 2 yesterday; so he entered the game at some point and fielded a position I assume.  He isn't in the starting lineup today either, however...Garcia getting the start at 2B.

A source tells Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune that Ian Kinslers time with the Padres could be coming to an end. 
src: San Diego Union-Tribune

16 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

A source tells Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune that Ian Kinslers time with the Padres could be coming to an end. 
src: San Diego Union-Tribune

That's pretty vague. Could be? And what is the timeline "coming to an end"? That could cover this weekend through the end of the season.

14 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

That's pretty vague. Could be? And what is the timeline "coming to an end"? That could cover this weekend through the end of the season.

I agree but something to keep an eye on. Never hurts to have a head start on a situation, even if it's only a possibility.

• Like 1

Getting the start at 3B today.  Teheran has a tendency to give up the long ball.  Could be a good matchup for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s baaaack. After an absurd line this season at AAA he should finally get some PT to see what he can do vs MLB arms.

7 minutes ago, tywalson said:

He’s baaaack. After an absurd line this season at AAA he should finally get some PT to see what he can do vs MLB arms.

Whoa, he was hitting .399 in AAA.

Clearly the next Tony Gwynn?

What happened to Urias?