Backdoor Slider

Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, bdy1 said:

Redraft bust. 😂

How can I make crow taste good??? I wonder what his launch angle is now...

• Like 4

Those diet changes people were suggesting really must've done the trick

• Like 1

Definitely has issues with his launch angle just like he did in the minors.  Has nothing to do with pressing/adjusting the FIRST week in the majors as a 20 year old.  A very young 20 too.

• Like 1

Fun fact, his slowest exit velocity from last night was 111.3 MPH.  111.3/111.3/113.7 plus a 120 MPH foul ball before he took his walk. He already has the second highest exit velocity this year at 118.9. He's demolishing baseballs.

• Like 3

His 2 HR traveled a combined distance of 889 feet at Oracle Park (formerly AT&T) on cold night (mid-50s).  

First had an exit velocity of 111 mph, the second at 114 mph.  He also hit a foul ball 120 mph.

Going into March, he was still a teenager.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

His 2 HR traveled a combined distance of 889 feet at Oracle Park (formerly AT&T) on cold night (mid-50s).  

First had an exit velocity of 111 mph, the second at 114 mph.  He also hit a foul ball 120 mph.

Going into March, he was still a teenager.

Yeah it is pretty amazing that visiting teams continue to show the Giants how to hit home runs in their own park 😆

Vladdy will be able to legally celebrate his first couple of dongs will a cold beer when he gets back to Canada !!!

19 minutes ago, jseay65 said:

No like anyone would have sold low, but congrats to those that showed patience. 

exactly. no one sold low and no one dropped. just a bunch of men complaining he's not immediately mike trout

10 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Vladdy will be able to legally celebrate his first couple of dongs will a cold beer when he gets back to Canada !!!

hopefully its a light beer

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, jseay65 said:

No like anyone would have sold low, but congrats to those that showed patience. 

People will sell low on any underperforming player. What you think is a "sell low" a frustrated owner could think he was "selling high". Countless times in my fantasy career have I been on both sides of that sometimes right sometimes wrong. I didnt make any offers on him myself as I was already invested in 5/11 leagues. His value was for sure at the lowest of the season after showing such a bad "launch angle". 

Edited by buzzkilloton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two bombs against the Giants should count at this point ;) 

It’s like taking candy from a baby 

This kid's gonna take walks like Old Bonds. The whole career. He'll kill it anywhere and everywhere fantasy, but in OBP dynasties he will shine brightest.

19 hours ago, bdy1 said:

This kid's gonna take walks like Old Bonds. The whole career. He'll kill it anywhere and everywhere fantasy, but in OBP dynasties he will shine brightest.

He better take walks, I heard a stat the Giants announcers mentioned in one of the postgames the other night that to this point, he has seen the fewest % of strikes of any hitter in the majors.  Seems like the approach is to not throw him strikes and see if he will chase, which being a pressing 20 year old he is likely to do so.  

On 5/8/2019 at 3:12 PM, cs3 said:

Look, I don't know anything about Montoya or any other Jays coach, so maybe he is an idiot.

What I do know, is that there is not a single MLB manager who would move a rookie with that slash line UP the order at this point 

1. The Blue Jays manager did.

2. So far so good:

Vlad batting 5th:
9 games
36 PA
0 HR
3 BB
9 SO

Vlad batting 2nd:
7 games
28 PA
3 HR
5 BB
2 SO

• Like 4

How have his at bats looked?  I haven't watched his games recently but he seemed to really be pressing, swinging at pitches way out of the zone he never would have swung at in te minors. 

45 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

How have his at bats looked?  I haven't watched his games recently but he seemed to really be pressing, swinging at pitches way out of the zone he never would have swung at in te minors. 

He’s been walking more than striking out the past few days, see above post.  The main thing I’ve noticed is he likes hitting moonshots to center field.  This is a result of his elite hitting mechanics.  

• Like 1

So you guys still believe he’s worth top 40 pick in redrafts? 

I understand he had a 2hr game but i still got him penciled in for 20hr 60/60 runs/rbi batting .270

i would probably draft him 6th round 

11 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

So you guys still believe he’s worth top 40 pick in redrafts? 

I understand he had a 2hr game but i still got him penciled in for 20hr 60/60 runs/rbi batting .270

i would probably draft him 6th round 

No you wouldn’t because he wouldn’t be there. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

No you wouldn’t because he wouldn’t be there. 

I just don’t get it. Even if he hits 30hr and .300 , his team is so garbage he won’t return 4th round value. Simple

The rbi/runs won’t be there 

Edited by Simsanityy179

12 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I just don’t get it. Even if he hits 30hr and .300 , his team is so garbage he won’t return 4th round value. Simple

Same reason Miggy was a perennial top 5 pick in fantasy in his prime. 

1 hour ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

Same reason Miggy was a perennial top 5 pick in fantasy in his prime. 

Notice how I said redraft leauges , we ain’t talking bout the future 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

30-300 will return 4th round value even with 80ish rbi/runs

• Like 1