Backdoor Slider

Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

30-300 will return 4th round value even with 80ish rbi/runs

Agreed but realistically he’s More likely to hit 60/60.

and 30-300 is more of his rookie ceiling.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 4:43 PM, JohnR said:

im benching this week...so now he will explode

On 5/13/2019 at 5:22 PM, brockpapersizer said:

on behalf of the thread, we thank you for your sacrifice. 

Once again @JohnR, this thread truly appreciates your sacrifice here. Well done. When Vlad's career is done and he's heading into Cooperstown, I hope he remembers your may 13th benching of him as the light that ignited his career.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Once again @JohnR, this thread truly appreciates your sacrifice here. Well done. When Vlad's career is done and he's heading into Cooperstown, I hope he remembers your may 13th benching of him as the light that ignited his career.

Agreed.  Don’t worry John, it was only 4 bombs.  

17 minutes ago, Redsfan34 said:

I smell a hot streak incoming. 

What do you mean, incoming? It's here. We're in the midst of it right now.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

What do you mean, incoming? It's here. We're in the midst of it right now.

Just the beginning!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradwatson said:

Lol he's a stud just like we thought. Not seeing many bust posts these days.

Nah, you got it all wrong. He definitely has major flaws in his swing. And he's fat, definitely fat. Bust written all over his fat body. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigbossman said:

What. A. Swing. 

Wow

Seriously. That wasn’t even a bad pitch. Off plate enough that the average hitter may be enticed to swing at it but won’t make good contact if he does. Meanwhile Vladimir is up there swinging the stick with his steroid Barry hands and making it look like it was center cut. This is what an 80 hit tool looks like.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 8:18 AM, Simsanityy179 said:

I just don’t get it. Even if he hits 30hr and .300 , his team is so garbage he won’t return 4th round value. Simple

The rbi/runs won’t be there 

30hr and 300 with a shortened season which i knew of when i drafted him. That means i also have counting stats from the replacement. Easily giving me 4th round value. Not to mention i was getting him in the 5th in my 12man leagues.

I'll soil myself and kiss you all if he goes .300/30 as a rookie. Those are Pujols rookie numbers so he would be a top 10 pick next year. Which honestly it looks like he will be.

2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

spacer.png

Hey guy, I also compared him with a couple other fatties. I think those got deleted though in all the fun. 

I paid the 4th round price for Vlad as well.  I absolutely understand I overpaid, but he was available at a point where there was a hole/wait in my overall draft strategy and I grabbed him for the upside and the entertainment value.  Obviously most of us on these boards follow a lot of players, it's entertaining to watch the 'unknown' and see what happens.

I will never forget Harper vs. Hamels - and it's all because I had Harper on my team that I saw it live

On a side note - I LOVE the low K rate guys.  Give me points everyday consistently over random chunks where it's frustrating when they produce nothing.

1 hour ago, bradwatson said:

I'll soil myself and kiss you all if he goes .300/30 as a rookie. Those are Pujols rookie numbers so he would be a top 10 pick next year. Which honestly it looks like he will be.

Top 10 lock next year. Top 5 the rest of the decade until his metabolism starts to decline.

7 hours ago, pushaZ said:

He's the LeBron of baseball.

Let him to get 10 HR before we declare that..........

of course, he could be at 10 HR by the end of May.........

47 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Why is he sitting today? Why do these players today get so many days off??? I miss the days of Cal Ripken Jr 

Especially confusing when they are facing a lefty and decided to start Urena (a lefty) at 2B.

• Like 1