Backdoor Slider

Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, emcllns said:

Vlad ROS will be top 20 offense.  Bank it.

there's a fine line between bold predictions and desperate prayers.

Edited by Fiveohnine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, emcllns said:

Vlad ROS will be top 20 offense.  Bank it.

Only in the minors...where they don’t throw as many breaking pitches low and away. Next year buddy

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

I drafted him everywhere because I am a Homer but lets be real the team around him doesn't help 

Hasn't stopped Gurriel/Biggio from producing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Vlad with Gurriel, Biggio, Bichette, and eventually Groshans will be more than enough. And I’m sure they’ll sign some help around them as well. 

I realize he may not be returning value on his 4th round tag for redraft but that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. For dynasty prospects I’m as excited as ever for him. He’ll get going.

21 minutes ago, tywalson said:

Vlad with Gurriel, Biggio, Bichette, and eventually Groshans will be more than enough. And I’m sure they’ll sign some help around them as well. 

I realize he may not be returning value on his 4th round tag for redraft but that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. For dynasty prospects I’m as excited as ever for him. He’ll get going.

To be fair, he wouldn't be returning value on a 16th round tag, either. 

57 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Hasn't stopped Gurriel/Biggio from producing. 

Right other guys are doing ok in this lineup. Gurriel has been a monster. 

I still think Vlad is going to have a big 2nd half. Hes been up since late April not everybody is Tatis/Alonso and crushes right away. Hopefully the Derby gets his confidence going. Its no question hes got skills. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Right other guys are doing ok in this lineup. Gurriel has been a monster. 

I still think Vlad is going to have a big 2nd half. Hes been up since late April not everybody is Tatis/Alonso and crushes right away. Hopefully the Derby gets his confidence going. Its no question hes got skills. 

Tatis is in shape, Alonso also and 24 , Guerrero keeps complaining on every close pitch like he is an entitled veteran and most of the time it is a strike.

I think he needs to humble himself and shut up

14 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

I am just going to say that every expert and analyst on here had vlad inside the top 100 for redraft this year. Nobody is taking Carpenter at 60-80 if vlad is there in a redraft. Everyone was wrong about this dude this year and should sell for anything of value in redrafts

Everyone expect for me, I told everyone to slow the hype but my comments got deleted.

i just started playing fantasy baseball and I’m surprised that everyone focuses on the advanced stats so much when they don’t tell the full story ( for example tatis jr vs vlad jr )

4 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Everyone expect for me, I told everyone to slow the hype but my comments got deleted.

i just started playing fantasy baseball and I’m surprised that everyone focuses on the advanced stats so much when they don’t tell the full story ( for example tatis jr vs vlad jr )

Which stats do tell the full story?

13 hours ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Tatis is in shape, Alonso also and 24 , Guerrero keeps complaining on every close pitch like he is an entitled veteran and most of the time it is a strike.

I think he needs to humble himself and shut up

You watched the HR derby and still think Vlad isn't in shape?  Do you have any idea how much strength and endurance it takes to hit 29 home runs in under 5 minutes? And he did it twice. He may not be as cut as a player like Giancarlo Stanton but he is absolutely in baseball shape and has just as much power. Stanton hit 61 in the same format in '16 while Vlad hit 91, 17 of which went 450+.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

He's a 20-year-old in the majors. It can take time, even for the best prospects, and usually does. 

Vlad would probably hit the ground running like some other rookies historically had he spent an extra season or two in the minors, but that wouldn't have served anyone. 

4 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

You watched the HR derby and still think Vlad isn't in shape?  Do you have any idea how much strength and endurance it takes to hit 29 home runs in under 5 minutes? And he did it twice. He may not be as cut as a player like Giancarlo Stanton but he is absolutely in baseball shape and has just as much power. Stanton hit 61 in the same format in '16 while Vlad hit 91, 17 of which went 450+.

You gotta get off the HR Derby. 

He does not have as much power as Stanton. The hardest ball he hit in that derby you keep harping on was 112 MPH. Stanton tops 118+ on the regular.

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Reverse-HR-Derby-Curse incoming.  I think the derby boosts his confidence and we see a lot more production 2nd half.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, absknicks said:

He does not have as much power as Stanton. The hardest ball he hit in that derby you keep harping on was 112 MPH. Stanton tops 118+ on the regular.

But what was Staton's EV on the reg at 20 years old?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

But what was Staton's EV on the reg at 20 years old?

The guy was talking about RIGHT NOW so your question is irrelevant

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

If you want to go there, what was Stanton's EV in the HR derby of years past? His 118+ were with real game pitching (fastballs?), not against derby 70-80 mph pitches. 

6 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Pablo Sandoval plays 3rd and run the base, he's in shape. 162 games a year! Incredible

Its the homerun derby with juiced balls that fly ... he's not doing HIIT ... Turning his hips and swinging the bat with a 30 seconds timeout for 4 minutes lollll ... He's got power, but eating way too much food from his grandmother ... Inside the park homerun he probably need to catch his breath for 30 min

Yes he is in baseball shape. Like CC Sabathia is in baseball shape and Willians Astudillo is in baseball shape 

"Baseball shape"

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge

2 hours ago, Gryfter said:

If you want to go there, what was Stanton's EV in the HR derby of years past? His 118+ were with real game pitching (fastballs?), not against derby 70-80 mph pitches. 

I remember in the ‘17 Derby he and Judge were routinely hitting balls 117+

7 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Buy low or not this year?

In a dynasty/keeper 100% yes but I highly doubt any competitive league is discounting him much. In redrafts I still say yes but it depends on how much the price reduction is. I feel that the HR Derby probably got owners valuing him around his ADP again.. the hype is real. I would personally be trying to acquire him wherever I don’t have him but only at the right cost for redraft.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:53 AM, bjvance5 said:

3 years haha... I have 0 shares of him unfortunately but by just watching last night this guy could go off at any moment. He has great swinging mechanics and prodigious rare power. Not sure what’s going on with him so far with the Blue Jays but I would have 0 concern if I owned him. 

He is not hitting in games whatsoever 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1