TTo34

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

25 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

How many weeks would you guys wait before actually starting him?

Why not now? Baltimore is a tough matchup next week but his situation is ideal for fantasy points. The rushing yards should give him a nice floor. Playing from behind often. Arizona played the fastest of anyone in week 1, and he can sling it. I don't see why anyone would be hesitant, especially after yesterday. He was awful and they went down big and he came back to put up the numbers.

Gonna have to ride this cat the rest of the way. Dropped Winston this morning. Who else has Murrary as their QB1? I know the Ravens are going to be a very tough game for the young rook, but after that the schedule looks pretty nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

Gonna have to ride this cat the rest of the way. Dropped Winston this morning. Who else has Murrary as their QB1? I know the Ravens are going to be a very tough game for the young rook, but after that the schedule looks pretty nice.

Doing the same man. I have no confidence in Winston.

18 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

We dont even know that he can rush in the nfl yet. This is small, really small. Any decently sized hit could take him out of the game 

Well he is a baseball player so hope he slides 

Kyler at Baltimore🤔, would strongly not recommend it.

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

i'm all IN. 

kid had -1 pt at the half last week, finished with 22.

that's a 23 pernt second half - yeeeeaaahhhh, pretty good. 

RatBirds on the road gonna tell us a TON 'bout our lad, here. 

but i feel it. 

Fitz is feelin' it. 

DJ is feelin' it. 

Kirk? yep, him too. 

KEEEEYSHAWN? sure, wtf not. 

Also my QB1 in multiple leagues. Don't love the match up but kinda have no choice. Other option is Josh Allen. 

The Detroit Lions have a much better pass rush than the Ravens. BAL's secondary is what we have to be worried about. If the receivers can't get open, maybe we see more legs from Kyler. 

230 yards, 1 pass TD, 62 yards on the ground with a rushing score. 

1 minute ago, jwilsonxo said:

Also my QB1 in multiple leagues. Don't love the match up but kinda have no choice. Other option is Josh Allen. 

The Detroit Lions have a much better pass rush than the Ravens. BAL's secondary is what we have to be worried about. If the receivers can't get open, maybe we see more legs from Kyler. 

gotta toss a couple turnovers up in there as well (2 picks? one pick/one fumble?)

regardless, if he emerges from B'awlomre with your projected stat line i'd consider it a WIN. 

i'll take it. 

3 hours ago, jwilsonxo said:

Baltimore is gonna be without Jimmy Smith though. That helps.

Its either Allen or Kyler for me.

Im playing the opposite game this season, cause every time I am rationale it backfires.

kyler looks like an absolute sit this week. But this is the kind of spot you bench him in and he balls.

So I’m going for it! Godspeed John Glenn!

I want to believe this guy is legit but honestly I think he is way too small. Baltimore will be a good test. Teams that can rush will be all over him... Teams that can't will just have their D line put their hands up. I predict a lot of batted interceptions this year. 

3 minutes ago, David447 said:

I want to believe this guy is legit but honestly I think he is way too small. Baltimore will be a good test. Teams that can rush will be all over him... Teams that can't will just have their D line put their hands up. I predict a lot of batted interceptions this year. 

the lions defensive line is really good, they sacked Kyler 5 times, he overcame that and led his team back.  Yes, there will be growing pains, and ups and downs, but it's the situation, scheme, and Kyler's talent that people are buying into. 

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

the lions defensive line is really good, they sacked Kyler 5 times, he overcame that and led his team back.  Yes, there will be growing pains, and ups and downs, but it's the situation, scheme, and Kyler's talent that people are buying into. 

THIS. 

Kliff strikes me as a film nerd supreme ... he's gonna see what didn't work, make the necessary adjustments, and put this kid in the best possible situations to succeed. 

this is his "air raid" design, after all - this is his baby - Murray is the pilot, sure, but Kingsy designed/built rhe plane. 

sure, it's supposed to be the Concorde, but it was more like the Spruce Goose through three qtrs in the opener ... then BOOM! ✈ SOUND BARRIER BUSTED!

i would expect more rolling pockets, more ROP, etc - don't expect to see Kyler executing the same dreck that failed last week ... "definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" 

KIliff's not insane!

HE AIN'T NAGY, MAN!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm all IN. 

kid had -1 pt at the half last week, finished with 22.

that's a 23 pernt second half - yeeeeaaahhhh, pretty good. 

RatBirds on the road gonna tell us a TON 'bout our lad, here. 

but i feel it. 

Fitz is feelin' it. 

DJ is feelin' it. 

Kirk? yep, him too. 

KEEEEYSHAWN? sure, wtf not. 

Michael Crabtree should be active too

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

I'm definitely buying the situation. KM should be chunking it all year

On 9/9/2019 at 2:06 AM, JP_Grizzly said:

For Fantasy purposes any doubts from Murray has been answered. He’ll have bad games like today but kid’s got the arm talent and when he has those big scrambling days he’ll provide top end QB1 performances 

How many passes did he have batted down?

3 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Brees had a problem with that, too ... Payton designed better avenues and lanes for Drew to launch from ... Kliff is watching film, designing similar. 

is that to say he won't EVER have another pass batted down?  HELLZ NO!

.... but i guarantee ya it won't be 5 again this Sunday. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

28 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

How many points does your league dock for batted down passes?

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Brees had a problem with that, too ... Payton designed better avenues and lanes for Drew to launch from ... Kliff is watching film, designing similar. 

is that to say he won't EVER have another pass batted down?  HELLZ NO!

.... but i guarantee ya it won't be 5 again this Sunday. 

5 passes getting batted down by an average defense at best is a problem.

Those passes will get tipped in the air and picked off at this level.

I've said from day 1 Murray will struggle in the pocket.

5 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Does that really matter a ton in fantasy this year though?

They gonna shy away from him slinging it? Just means he'll be down more.

7 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Average defense with elite pass rushers. Not really surprised. FYI there were a lot of batted passes at the LOS all around the league on Sunday.

Edited by devaster

7 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

THIS. 

Kliff strikes me as a film nerd supreme ... he's gonna see what didn't work, make the necessary adjustments, and put this kid in the best possible situations to succeed. 

this is his "air raid" design, after all - this is his baby - Murray is the pilot, sure, but Kingsy designed/built rhe plane. 

sure, it's supposed to be the Concorde, but it was more like the Spruce Goose through three qtrs in the opener ... then BOOM! ✈ SOUND BARRIER BUSTED!

i would expect more rolling pockets, more ROP, etc - don't expect to see Kyler executing the same dreck that failed last week ... "definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" 

KIliff's not insane!

HE AIN'T NAGY, MAN!

https://images.app.goo.gl/qijoeR8U7g3ZgrKD6

8 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

THIS. 

KIliff's not insane!

HE AIN'T NAGY, MAN!

Local Arizona media says Kliff gets in at 4am every morning to watch film. This quote after week 1 supports practically everything you stated

Kliff knows what he did wrong and owned up to his mistakes. He also said he tried to get too cute with his play-calling but managed to adjust and get the offense going.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2019 at 3:22 PM, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

We dont even know that he can rush in the nfl yet. This is small, really small. Any decently sized hit could take him out of the game 

This is gonna be the upset of the week!!!!

Kyler takes down Lamar Jackson and co.

• Like 1