TTo34

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I get the optimism in here but Ravens -13 and 46.5 O/U puts the Cardinals at about 17 expected points. And that’s a massive spread for an NFL game.

Betting lines aren’t necessarily projections and certainly can be wrong, but it might be prudent to temper expectations for Kyler in this one. There’s just not many potential fantasy points on the table for Kyler based on what Vegas is seeing.

• Thanks 1

Might not be many starting Kyler, but Rushing/Lack of TD’s concerning.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Based on how other QBs are doing that's a blessing to be able to be that nitpicky. I like 350 yards against Baltimore defense myself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Based on how other QBs are doing that's a blessing to be able to be that nitpicky. I like 350 yards against Baltimore defense myself.

Exactly. You have to remember this kid is a rookie. This was his second career start, and it was in a tough spot on the road. The tds and rushing will come. It’s not like he’s out there turning the ball over left and right. 

2 minutes ago, mjb said:

he played error free, tossed for roughly 350, had the ball in his hands with 4 minutes to go, on the road vs an elite team, with a chance to win (down by 6).

this kid passed all the tests thus far ... much like last week, they had no business being in position to win the game, but they were. 

the magick foosball points are gonna start coming in bunches ... this thing has barely shed it's training wheels. 

top 10 qb is a lock, top 5 within reach.  

gonna be a fun ride with this kid. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good game from him given everything that was stacked against him AND facing the ravens defense 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he played error free, tossed for roughly 350, had the ball in his hands with 4 minutes to go, on the road vs an elite team, with a chance to win (down by 6).

this kid passed all the tests thus far ... much like last week, they had no business being in position to win the game, but they were. 

the magick foosball points are gonna start coming in bunches ... this thing has barely shed it's training wheels. 

top 10 qb is a lock, top 5 within reach.  

gonna be a fun ride with this kid. 

Whoa Nelly, thanks for the optimism👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjb said:

Whoa Nelly, thanks for the optimism👍

Ya a bit much.  He's as accurate as Cam Newton currently, and isn't running much at all.  Without yards on the ground, he won't be a top 10 QB just for the lack of TDs since he doesn't have much time to throw.

• Haha 1

Just acquired Kylie... This Kingsbury offense is legit and there will be many fantasy points ahead for owners of Cardinals position players. 

This was only his 2nd game in the NFL. And, this was against the Ravens defense, which is top 5, maybe the best in the league.  Rookie qbs never come out lighting it up. But there's alot to like here.  His receiving core looks much stronger than I thought it would.  His defense is much improved. And, Kyler is not making alot of mistakes.  By mid season, this guy could be the surge your team needs to take it all the way.  I'm really happy with what I've seen so far.  I expected more dynamic runs but again, he played the Ravens. He should be on everyone's bench.  Who expected this rookie to light the world on fire in week's 1 and 2? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

This was only his 2nd game in the NFL. And, this was against the Ravens defense, which is top 5, maybe the best in the league.  Rookie qbs never come out lighting it up. But there's alot to like here.  His receiving core looks much stronger than I thought it would.  His defense is much improved. And, Kyler is not making alot of mistakes.  By mid season, this guy could be the surge your team needs to take it all the way.  I'm really happy with what I've seen so far.  I expected more dynamic runs but again, he played the Ravens. He should be on everyone's bench.  Who expected this rookie to light the world on fire in week's 1 and 2? 

Yeah, sheesh. Tough crowd. First quarterback since Cam to begin his career with two 300+ yard games. Imagine when he starts running. 

Started him in Week 1 & 2 and he hasn't disappointed. Just wait until he has an actual good game. This guy's floor is sick right now!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Fantasyguy007 said:

In leagues, like mine, that do not count INT or FL, Kyler is gonna be money!!!

Might be 20 points each week as a floor soon, I am so excited!!!

He seems pretty good at avoiding turnovers. I don’t expect that to be an issue. The TD’s will hopefully come in time.

7 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Ya a bit much.  He's as accurate as Cam Newton currently, and isn't running much at all.  Without yards on the ground, he won't be a top 10 QB just for the lack of TDs since he doesn't have much time to throw.

Hahahahahahaha. He was making amazing off platform throws and threw with touch all game. Get out of here with this bs.

Christian Kirk gets tackled at the 1 yard line. Had he scored, would you have been singing this lack of td tune?

They didn’t struggle getting to the red zone this week but struggled once there because the team wasn’t executing or in synch. The last two drives where they could have drove to win game was very sloppy pre snap. Remember everyone is learning a new system. I expect this gets better as the season goes on and Kyler will be a top 10 QB, maybe top 5.

4th and 1 at the 4 = Field Goal

4th and Goal at the 3 = Field Goal

4th and Goal at the 2 = Field Goal

Kingsbury gotta let the kid play

1 minute ago, Novaray said:

Yah he’s been surprisingly conservative in his play calling in these situations. I think this gets cleaned up and they were a bit unlucky not to have more Tds.

2 minutes ago, Novaray said:

yeah, was very surprised they didn't take at least ONE shot on 4th - then the Kirk play is down at the one, and DJ waltzes in next play - game of fuggin' inches, amigos-

Kyler is getting better every play. It's easy to tell when he stands in the pocket  that he has that Brees/Manning type of comfort to him. Gonna be really special in a few years

Really tough crowd. First two games as a rookie and he plays well and almost wins both. This last one against the ravens. Wait until he starts playing weaker defenses

2 hours ago, jsch08 said:

Hahahahahahaha. He was making amazing off platform throws and threw with touch all game. Get out of here with this bs.

Christian Kirk gets tackled at the 1 yard line. Had he scored, would you have been singing this lack of td tune?

They didn’t struggle getting to the red zone this week but struggled once there because the team wasn’t executing or in synch. The last two drives where they could have drove to win game was very sloppy pre snap. Remember everyone is learning a new system. I expect this gets better as the season goes on and Kyler will be a top 10 QB, maybe top 5.

He’s completing about 58% of his passes while leading the NFL in attempts. That’s about Cam Newton accuracy I believe. He’s also near the bottom in yards per attempt too. All while not running at all. If this trend continues it’s only a matter of time before he starts getting games with multiple turnovers. 

11 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Really tough crowd. First two games as a rookie and he plays well and almost wins both. This last one against the ravens. Wait until he starts playing weaker defenses

You mean like the Detroit defense about 6 from the bottom?

3 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

He’s completing about 58% of his passes while leading the NFL in attempts. That’s about Cam Newton accuracy I believe. He’s also near the bottom in yards per attempt too. All while not running at all. If this trend continues it’s only a matter of time before he starts getting games with multiple turnovers. 

Are you watching both these guys play? I have both on my team. Cam looks horrible and has no idea where the ball is going. Kyler looked awful for 3.5 quarters against Detroit but balled late in that game and against the Ravens. Not comparable, IMO.

I do have a concern that he doesn’t look as fast as I expected against nfl defenders. Not sure what his rushing will look like at end of year.

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 1

Just now, daynlokki said:

You mean like the Detroit defense about 6 from the bottom?

Played better than most and I'll just use the rotoworld favorite quote "their defense is really underrated this year" plus his coach waiting until the second half to dail up better plays

Now back to discussing how well he did against the ravens unless they are a bottom 6 defense too?