TTo34

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Was catching slack for drafting him in the 7th round but hey at least I didn’t waste a higher pick on Rodgers, Wentz, or mayfield 

• Like 3

Easy matchup but love the kid. If you have another top QB you're happy with, now is the time to sell Kyler. I have a few Lamar/Kyler teams and I'll be looking to deal one this week.

• Thanks 1

Gets Giants next week and hopefully Kirk back soon. Hopefully we can keep the good times rolling.

The New York Giants are a friend to all opposing offenses.  I anticipate that Murray will have a very nice game against them.  The Giants jump-started the Vikings passing offense a couple of weeks ago, and Murray has more arm talent and speed than Kirk Cousins.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The New York Giants are a friend to all opposing offenses.  I anticipate that Murray will have a very nice game against them.  The Giants jump-started the Vikings passing offense a couple of weeks ago, and Murray has more arm talent and speed than Kirk Cousins.

They've played somewhat more competent defense the past couple weeks.  I wouldn't anticipate quite as easy a time as yesterday but he should still do well.

9 hours ago, Brye said:

Was catching slack for drafting him in the 7th round but hey at least I didn’t waste a higher pick on Rodgers, Wentz, or mayfield 

you should check Wentz' playoff matchups though ;)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

Started Kyler over Wentz and am not disappointed.  Kid looked good today.  

What's everyone think... because Falcons D stinks or is the kid starting to figure it out?

Some of both, Atlanta has the league’s worst D. I do think he is starting to figure it out too. Road game outdoors will tell a lot.

Murray's accuracy and decision making were very key yesterday.  He did not make a ton of his yardage on scrambles and broken plays.

10 minutes ago, mjb said:

Some of both, Atlanta has the league’s worst D. I do think he is starting to figure it out too. Road game outdoors will tell a lot.

Agreed. The kid is playing "winning football". After the Seahawks game (he took 8 sacks), he's really learned the throw the ball away, find running lanes against man defenses and get better escape angles against D linemen. That has led to more manageable down and distances. If the team becomes more efficient in the red zone, we may have a Wilson clone on our hands.  

Edited by Newtown
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Agreed. The kid is playing "winning football". After the Seahawks game (he took 8 sacks), he's really learned the throw the ball away, find running lanes against man defenses and get better escape angles against D linemen. That has led to more manageable down and distances. If the team becomes more efficient in the red zone, we may have a Wilson clone on our hands.  

I'd certainly be fine with that.

[...]

If you own Kyler, and no backup qb, check out his upcoming week 9-12 schedule.  

Kyler's Schedule:

Week 9 - SF

Week 10 - @TB 

Week 11 - @SF 

Week 12 - Bye 

Now let's look at someone unlikely owned in your league that compliments his schedule almost perfectly:

Sam Darnold

Week 9 - @Mia

Week 10 - NYG

Week 11 - @Was 

Week 12 - Oak 

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Don't care if this belongs in the AC forum or not, I come to these threads to win at fantasy football. 

If you own Kyler, and no backup qb, check out his upcoming week 9-12 schedule.  

Kyler's Schedule:

Week 9 - SF

Week 10 - @TB 

Week 11 - @SF 

Week 12 - Bye 

Now let's look at someone unlikely owned in your league that compliments his schedule almost perfectly:

Sam Darnold

Week 9 - @Mia

Week 10 - NYG

Week 11 - @Was 

Week 12 - Oak 

I actually made the move to pick up Darnold last week for this very reason. #greatmindsandallthat

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 5:30 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

To be fair, the G Men held Brady to 0 TD passes, couple “fluky” rushing TDs.

2 hours ago, CluelessJoeJackson said:

I actually made the move to pick up Darnold last week for this very reason. #greatmindsandallthat

Great move, SF is tough as nails.

I have to say I was off the mark on his production this year. I thought he could have the talent to do well long term, but the poor OL etc would produce more off than on rookie numbers. Looks like AZ knew what they were doing after all.  

There are some throws that Kyler Murray makes that appear downright superhuman.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There are some throws that Kyler Murray makes that appear downright superhuman.

I fully expect a Kyler explosion on Sunday. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Newtown said:

giphy.gif

Likewise.  Especially if he has Kirk.

10 hours ago, Newtown said:

giphy.gif

How’d you make that? 

Is anybody else not concerned about his two upcoming games w sf?  I’m remembering mahomes  break out year when they were getting ready to face the #1D and everyone was pumping the breaks and he shredded them anyway. Or 2 years ago when everyone was calling to sell high on Gurley because of his brutal 2nd half schedule and it didn’t slow him down in the least. Ascending players are not subject to the same concerns as, say, a Jared Goff. Kyler can beat you a number of different ways; on the ground if they take away the air. Goff doesn’t have that element to his game. I think, especially with the second game 2 weeks later, the cardinals are going to be able to adjust around the game plan of attack better than sf can adjust around Kyler 

3 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

Is anybody else not concerned about his two upcoming games w sf?  I’m remembering mahomes  break out year when they were getting ready to face the #1D and everyone was pumping the breaks and he shredded them anyway. Or 2 years ago when everyone was calling to sell high on Gurley because of his brutal 2nd half schedule and it didn’t slow him down in the least. Ascending players are not subject to the same concerns as, say, a Jared Goff. Kyler can beat you a number of different ways; on the ground if they take away the air. Goff doesn’t have that element to his game. I think, especially with the second game 2 weeks later, the cardinals are going to be able to adjust around the game plan of attack better than sf can adjust around Kyler 

SF's a very good defense.

I'm not psyched about it.  Things could change but I'm probably gonna look into alternatives.  Kyler could have good games against them, but it seems less likely to me than other potentials then.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

SF's a very good defense.

I'm not psyched about it.  Things could change but I'm probably gonna look into alternatives.  Kyler could have good games against them, but it seems less likely to me than other potentials then.

this ^ right here. 

i mean, he won't flop or bust against them, ergo, he won't "lose" you the week - but he sure as hell won't "win" it, either. 

baked in 15 point floor (250 to 275 passing yds, 30 to 40 rushing yds) - anything else is gravy ... would expect high teens in both those San Fran games 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1