TTo34

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

Was catching slack for drafting him in the 7th round but hey at least I didn’t waste a higher pick on Rodgers, Wentz, or mayfield 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy matchup but love the kid. If you have another top QB you're happy with, now is the time to sell Kyler. I have a few Lamar/Kyler teams and I'll be looking to deal one this week.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gets Giants next week and hopefully Kirk back soon. Hopefully we can keep the good times rolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The New York Giants are a friend to all opposing offenses.  I anticipate that Murray will have a very nice game against them.  The Giants jump-started the Vikings passing offense a couple of weeks ago, and Murray has more arm talent and speed than Kirk Cousins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The New York Giants are a friend to all opposing offenses.  I anticipate that Murray will have a very nice game against them.  The Giants jump-started the Vikings passing offense a couple of weeks ago, and Murray has more arm talent and speed than Kirk Cousins.

They've played somewhat more competent defense the past couple weeks.  I wouldn't anticipate quite as easy a time as yesterday but he should still do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brye said:

Was catching slack for drafting him in the 7th round but hey at least I didn’t waste a higher pick on Rodgers, Wentz, or mayfield 

 

you should check Wentz' playoff matchups though ;)

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

Started Kyler over Wentz and am not disappointed.  Kid looked good today.  

What's everyone think... because Falcons D stinks or is the kid starting to figure it out?

Some of both, Atlanta has the league’s worst D. I do think he is starting to figure it out too. Road game outdoors will tell a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murray's accuracy and decision making were very key yesterday.  He did not make a ton of his yardage on scrambles and broken plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mjb said:

Some of both, Atlanta has the league’s worst D. I do think he is starting to figure it out too. Road game outdoors will tell a lot.

 

Agreed. The kid is playing "winning football". After the Seahawks game (he took 8 sacks), he's really learned the throw the ball away, find running lanes against man defenses and get better escape angles against D linemen. That has led to more manageable down and distances. If the team becomes more efficient in the red zone, we may have a Wilson clone on our hands.  

Edited by Newtown
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Newtown said:

 

Agreed. The kid is playing "winning football". After the Seahawks game (he took 8 sacks), he's really learned the throw the ball away, find running lanes against man defenses and get better escape angles against D linemen. That has led to more manageable down and distances. If the team becomes more efficient in the red zone, we may have a Wilson clone on our hands.  

I'd certainly be fine with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[...]

If you own Kyler, and no backup qb, check out his upcoming week 9-12 schedule.  

Kyler's Schedule:

Week 9 - SF

Week 10 - @TB 

Week 11 - @SF 

Week 12 - Bye 

Now let's look at someone unlikely owned in your league that compliments his schedule almost perfectly:

Sam Darnold

Week 9 - @Mia

Week 10 - NYG

Week 11 - @Was 

Week 12 - Oak 

 

 

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Don't care if this belongs in the AC forum or not, I come to these threads to win at fantasy football. 

If you own Kyler, and no backup qb, check out his upcoming week 9-12 schedule.  

Kyler's Schedule:

Week 9 - SF

Week 10 - @TB 

Week 11 - @SF 

Week 12 - Bye 

Now let's look at someone unlikely owned in your league that compliments his schedule almost perfectly:

Sam Darnold

Week 9 - @Mia

Week 10 - NYG

Week 11 - @Was 

Week 12 - Oak 

 

 

I actually made the move to pick up Darnold last week for this very reason. #greatmindsandallthat

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 5:30 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

The New York Giants are a friend to all opposing offenses.  I anticipate that Murray will have a very nice game against them.  The Giants jump-started the Vikings passing offense a couple of weeks ago, and Murray has more arm talent and speed than Kirk Cousins.

To be fair, the G Men held Brady to 0 TD passes, couple “fluky” rushing TDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CluelessJoeJackson said:

I actually made the move to pick up Darnold last week for this very reason. #greatmindsandallthat

 

Great move, SF is tough as nails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I was off the mark on his production this year. I thought he could have the talent to do well long term, but the poor OL etc would produce more off than on rookie numbers. Looks like AZ knew what they were doing after all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some throws that Kyler Murray makes that appear downright superhuman.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There are some throws that Kyler Murray makes that appear downright superhuman.

 I fully expect a Kyler explosion on Sunday. 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Newtown said:

 I fully expect a Kyler explosion on Sunday. 

giphy.gif

Likewise.  Especially if he has Kirk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Newtown said:

 I fully expect a Kyler explosion on Sunday. 

giphy.gif

How’d you make that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anybody else not concerned about his two upcoming games w sf?  I’m remembering mahomes  break out year when they were getting ready to face the #1D and everyone was pumping the breaks and he shredded them anyway. Or 2 years ago when everyone was calling to sell high on Gurley because of his brutal 2nd half schedule and it didn’t slow him down in the least. Ascending players are not subject to the same concerns as, say, a Jared Goff. Kyler can beat you a number of different ways; on the ground if they take away the air. Goff doesn’t have that element to his game. I think, especially with the second game 2 weeks later, the cardinals are going to be able to adjust around the game plan of attack better than sf can adjust around Kyler 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

Is anybody else not concerned about his two upcoming games w sf?  I’m remembering mahomes  break out year when they were getting ready to face the #1D and everyone was pumping the breaks and he shredded them anyway. Or 2 years ago when everyone was calling to sell high on Gurley because of his brutal 2nd half schedule and it didn’t slow him down in the least. Ascending players are not subject to the same concerns as, say, a Jared Goff. Kyler can beat you a number of different ways; on the ground if they take away the air. Goff doesn’t have that element to his game. I think, especially with the second game 2 weeks later, the cardinals are going to be able to adjust around the game plan of attack better than sf can adjust around Kyler 

SF's a very good defense.

I'm not psyched about it.  Things could change but I'm probably gonna look into alternatives.  Kyler could have good games against them, but it seems less likely to me than other potentials then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

SF's a very good defense.

I'm not psyched about it.  Things could change but I'm probably gonna look into alternatives.  Kyler could have good games against them, but it seems less likely to me than other potentials then.

 

this ^ right here. 

i mean, he won't flop or bust against them, ergo, he won't "lose" you the week - but he sure as hell won't "win" it, either. 

baked in 15 point floor (250 to 275 passing yds, 30 to 40 rushing yds) - anything else is gravy ... would expect high teens in both those San Fran games 🤷‍♂️

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.