Rotoworld.com Forums

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Just now, jpark211 said:

Agreed. I am a bit worried about the NO pass rush though... hopefully Murray can escape and get a nice rushing floor this week

At the very least, judging by Chicago's 4th Q effort they seem to call off the dogs with a big lead a bit, unlike those jerks from Foxboro.

• Like 1
  • Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suzie Kolber: Kyler, you were on the phone there a long time.  What did they say? Kyler Murray: I don't know, I kinda blacked out for awhile there, so I couldn't even tell you.  But I'll remember

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He would have had a big game Sunday but chase took 3 runs to the house. 

Still like the floor with the rushing stats and  gamescript will be in his favor most games. 

Agreed.  Few quarterbacks will have big games if the RB is off the hook.  There were a lot of owners disappointed with Rodgers' game at Dallas.  But what can we expect when Jones runs for four TDs.  Unfortunately, it happens.

7 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

[...]

He would have had a big game Sunday but chase took 3 runs to the house. 

Still like the floor with the rushing stats and  gamescript will be in his favor most games. 

Yeah, me too. I think he will finish with a nice final rushing total this week against the Saints. At the very least, it won't be a game in down pouring rain and that Saints run defense is legit, hence they will most likely be throwing a lot in this one in catch up mode.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Yeah, me too. I think he will finish with a nice final rushing total this week against the Saints. At the very least, it won't be a game in down pouring rain and that Saints run defense is legit, hence they will most likely be throwing a lot in this one in catch up mode.

Pls god NO interceptions or fumbles, PLS PLS PLSSS!

5 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Pls god NO interceptions or fumbles, PLS PLS PLSSS!

2 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Hopefully, not. That said, I can easily see one interception being in the mix.

he's had 259 pass attempts, 49 rushes - 308 "action" plays that filtered directly from him - yet only 4 turnovers thus far (all interceptions, and all in the first four games vs the more stout competition).

if someone told you prior to the season that this kid, behind that trashcan line, chucking the ball an average of 37 times per game (along with 7 rushes per game) was only gonna have FOUR turnovers, and be sitting at 3-3-1?  yeah, i highly doubt anyone would've believed that. 

am i jinxing him for a 4 pick day in N'awlins?  i doubt it ... this kid is learning every time the ball is snapped - his game savvy maturates exponentiolly each passing week ... he's gonna be just fine. 

tl;dr - no fumbles lost and only 4 picks, sitting at 3-3-1 ... for a rook, in that scheme, behind that dubious "line" - we take it!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he's had 259 pass attempts, 49 rushes - 308 "action" plays that filtered directly from him - yet only 4 turnovers thus far (all interceptions, and all in the first four games vs the more stout competition).

if someone told you prior to the season that this kid, behind that trashcan line, chucking the ball an average of 37 times per game (along with 7 rushes per game) was only gonna have FOUR turnovers, and be sitting at 3-3-1?  yeah, i highly doubt anyone would've believed that. 

am i jinxing him for a 4 pick day in N'awlins?  i doubt it ... this kid is learning every time the ball is snapped - his game savvy maturates exponentiolly each passing week ... he's gonna be just fine. 

tl;dr - no fumbles lost and only 4 picks, sitting at 3-3-1 ... for a rook, in that scheme, behind that dubious "line" - we take it!

He's faced the easy portion of his schedule already.  Faces like 5 top 10 defenses going forward.

Just now, daynlokki said:

He's faced the easy portion of his schedule already.  Faces like 5 top 10 defenses going forward.

aaaaaaaaaand, once again, THAT'S BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY ALL OF US.   WE GET IT. 

good lawd, man ... we get it - you don't believe in the kid, cool. 

jeeez ... ease up on the doom and gloom, marrone! 🇮🇹

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I’m just waiting for him to bring up his height lol 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

How we feeling about his upcoming schedule?  @no and SF twice.   I’m honestly scared of SF.  Probably looking to sit him during those games

I think you need to make alternative arrangements or accept a possible single digit score out of the QB position in weeks 9 and 11.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, daynlokki said:

Yes, we know that. So, what are your expectations of him against those tough defenses going forward? Is the bottom going to completely drop out? 

When push comes to shove, I'd rather roll the dice with Kyler against said defenses than relying on a waiver wire add QB.

That's just me, though. 

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

It’s been acknowledged? Go back about three weeks where everyone was arguing that defensive rankings are fluid and the second half was the easy half of the schedule lol. 

41 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Yes, we know that. So, what are your expectations of him against those tough defenses going forward? Is the bottom going to completely drop out? 

When push comes to shove, I'd rather roll the dice with Kyler against said defenses than relying on a waiver wire add QB.

That's just me, though. 

Probably in the 13-20 range for QBs to me. Too volatile expecting him to run or not have turnovers like he has so far when he faces so many top defenses. He hasn’t faced a CB like Sherman or Ramsey. He will twice pretty soon. 

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:

How we feeling about his upcoming schedule?  @no and SF twice.   I’m honestly scared of SF.  Probably looking to sit him during those games

Worry about the Rams too. Added Ramsey and gave up under 250 total yards to the Falcons (offense has NOT been the problem year to date). 

Don't worry too much guys. Arizona defense is still bad so they will be forced to throw most games against better teams. Kyler will also run more most games. SF scares me a bit, but I'm not worried otherwise.