Rotoworld.com Forums

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suzie Kolber: Kyler, you were on the phone there a long time.  What did they say? Kyler Murray: I don't know, I kinda blacked out for awhile there, so I couldn't even tell you.  But I'll remember

Posted Images

Another safe bench next week against the 49ers. Christian Kirk looks like he's back to being an Auto Start though. He seems to be the only receiver who knows where to be when Murray starts scrambling

1 minute ago, Islanderman said:

Everybody had this guy ranked in top 10 this week. I didn’t get that. Against premier defense. I have to learn to go with my gut. 

Benched in 4th it states, thought he played all game?

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Benched in 4th it states, thought he played all game?

game was a blowout and they benched several starters. He certainly didn't do anything that warrants benching. He actually had a good game with all things being considered. 

Just now, Cdub2k said:

game was a blowout and they benched several starters. He certainly didn't do anything that warrants benching. He actually had a good game with all things being considered. 

Thanks, struggled all year at QB, benched vs SF.

6 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Everybody had this guy ranked in top 10 this week. I didn’t get that. Against premier defense. I have to learn to go with my gut. 

Same thing here man I was about to play Minshew over him. Fantasy rankings are useless and I will stop using them as a resource. 

1 minute ago, affliction said:

I think they took him out because it was a blow out, Edmonds got hurt and Zenner did not know the protections 

Appreciate it..

35 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He played well, just no TDs and didnt have the ball enough.

19/33 for 220 yards is well? He had 33 attempts and didn’t have the ball enough? That’s below average completion percentage along with replacement level yards per attempt. His quarterback rating was actually higher last week when he had 104 yards passing. His rushing totals have been anemic the last three weeks. 23 rushes for 73 yards and no touchdowns. His only TDs in the last three weeks were the three passing touchdowns in that first game. Since then nothing. The stats he has is vs the easiest portion of his schedule. Don’t see his stats getting much better for the foreseeable future and it’s sad he’s being grossly outplayed at his position by Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater and Gardner Minshew so far. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RolandoRoomes said:

How in the world do some projection sites have Kyler at or around 22-25 fantasy points this week. What the hell am I missing? SF is destroying QB's and Murray is not exactly lighting things up

TNF is pretty whacky but yeah I expect the 49ers to come in and take care of business. Not a long travel day for them as well. Seriously outmatched.

1 hour ago, RolandoRoomes said:

How in the world do some projection sites have Kyler at or around 22-25 fantasy points this week. What the hell am I missing? SF is destroying QB's and Murray is not exactly lighting things up

Makes no sense at all. I’m definitely benching him this week I think he may even put up single digits against that SF D

Anything is possible but the play calling has been very uninspiring the last two weeks and 9ers are obviously legit. 

A lot of the last two weeks is on Murray but the play calling has been so bleh. Lots of horizontal crap and taking no chances. Against the Saints there was the big pitch to Kirk, pitch back to Murray who hit Clay on a big gain and then nothing. Lots of WR screens on third and long. Boring.

Edited by jsch08

It's definitely unlikely. Carolina has an all-world caliber player who had a great game and could do nothing outside of his production. I don't see how Arizona scores more than 14-17 this week and I'd honestly be happy if they can do that.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, savagenatn said:

Are you saying experts are projecting Murray to have 22-25 points in the off chance that the SF Defense has a bad day?

The Arizona RB corps is a mess, their D is bottom 5 so SF should be ahead early...I very possibly could be seeing it as I want to see it but this game could shape up to be one in which garbage stats are there to be had if 49ers play soft coverage to not get beat deep cuz they have a big lead.

With an even more pass-happy O than usual because they have no viable RB (Drake will know what? 2-3 pages of playbook 5 days after being traded?)....i could see 40+ attempts easy. Multiply that by his current avg/att and you have 272 yards. I would take that with a big smile on my face.

Of course, Nick Bosa could have a 5 sack day and cause 3 fumbles too...ugh.

4 hours ago, Novaray said:

kyler is the best qb the 9ers will have faced yet, he'll eat

That knife cuts both ways, the Saints have played great D, but the Niners by the numbers and on film are, to my eyes, the best defense not located in Foxboro.

He's gonna be tested on a short week with a new RB who doesn't know the system.

It seems foreboding.  Maybe the kid can make some magic happen, we've seen crazier things in this league, but the deck seems stacked against him.

• Like 2