Rotoworld.com Forums

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

1 minute ago, crazyfingers711 said:

????????  Kyler>Jared Goff ?

I'd buy it.

Goff was basically set up perfectly last year.

If Murray had Kupp, Cooks, Woods, a healthy Gurley and a solid o line this year his numbers would be out of control.

This year the Rams look, well, more like the Cardinals, and they're about neck and neck in QB rating.  Goff has thrown for a lot more yardage obviously, but it's inefficient and he's thrown 7 picks to Murray's 4.  Murray's completion percentage is higher, and he's been playing in more situations where he's had to bail out a terrible defensive effort.  Plus he does more with his legs.

That said, the Rams offense overall is still in better shape than the Cardinals, even when they were missing Gurley against the Niners, and they were a Robert Woods reverse on the first drive away from getting blanked.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suzie Kolber: Kyler, you were on the phone there a long time.  What did they say? Kyler Murray: I don't know, I kinda blacked out for awhile there, so I couldn't even tell you.  But I'll remember

Posted Images

Just picked up Carr, no way I’m playing this guy this week. I’m not even sure about next week against the Bucs. Thats how far we’ve fallen. No confidence at all. Unless this guy runs he’s useless and for some reason it has been scripted out of the playbook. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Just picked up Carr, no way I’m playing this guy this week. I’m not even sure about next week against the Bucs. Thats how far we’ve fallen. No confidence at all. Unless this guy runs he’s useless and for some reason it has been scripted out of the playbook. 

This. I tried to ride with Murray up until this point, but his last two games forced me to go with Famous Jameis Anus Winston. Murray hasn't topped 20 points in his last 2 games COMBINED. He has 3 touchdowns in his last FIVE games. What's been disappointing is his lack of rushing. I thought he'd be much more efficient with his legs. But I don't blame Murray, I think the kid is talented and has a bright future. But he's got a poor O-Line and his receivers aren't helping him out with a ton of drops.

This isn't like the NBA where someone can come in and completely turn around a team. One player can't magically fix a bad football team. This kid needs some weapons to take some attention off him. Put this cat on the Rams and he'd be a top 5 QB. He needs a better supporting cast. I just don't see how you can start him against the 49ers with any confidence at this point.

If he proves me wrong, I'll start him against TB. But until then, I'm going to have to hope Winston throws for 300+ yard with 2 TD's and 4 picks and fumble. He's a horrible real life QB, but at least I have hope to get 15+ points from him.

He could be a good play this week, but only if you have no other options. What I like this week is SF D on a short week. What hurts Kyler is not having his best offensive weapon in DJ. I think he will need to use his running ability in this game for the Cards to succeed. I would not be shocked if Kyler puts up pretty solid numbers. I will also not be shocked if he duds again.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

He could be a good play this week, but only if you have no other options. What I like this week is SF D on a short week. What hurts Kyler is not having his best offensive weapon in DJ. I think he will need to use his running ability in this game for the Cards to succeed. I would not be shocked if Kyler puts up pretty solid numbers. I will also not be shocked if he duds again.

i like this!

HE COULD BE GOOD

HE COULD SUCK

onward and upward!

🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i like this!

HE COULD BE GOOD

HE COULD SUCK

onward and upward!

🤠

I mean, I'd like him if DJ was healthy. He would then have his full complement of weapons. I also love the fact that it will be a short week for the SF D, which should help over the course of the game. The problem is they refuse to use Kyler's scrambling ability as another weapon. He's constantly looking for a WR to get open. He needs to be unleashed in this game as a runner. If he is, I think he will have a very nice game. DJ being out though with RBs that have only been on the team for a couple of days does force them to do something different. At least that's my hope. The next game against SF I think he is probably a sit. Can't play with fire twice.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i like this!

HE COULD BE GOOD

HE COULD SUCK

onward and upward!

🤠

I'll hand it to OP, it's a better analysis than "he scored X,Y,Z fantasy points, he gonna feast" or some such nonsense.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'll hand it to OP, it's a better analysis than "he scored X,Y,Z fantasy points, he gonna feast" or some such nonsense.

Ok, i'll give him that, sure - but take a stance ... is that too much to ask?

fleshing out a potentially positive scenario, only to culminate with "could be good, could suck" is kinda "meh"

🤔

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean, I'd like him if DJ was healthy. He would then have his full complement of weapons. I also love the fact that it will be a short week for the SF D, which should help over the course of the game. The problem is they refuse to use Kyler's scrambling ability as another weapon. He's constantly looking for a WR to get open. He needs to be unleashed in this game as a runner. If he is, I think he will have a very nice game. DJ being out though with RBs that have only been on the team for a couple of days does force them to do something different. At least that's my hope. The next game against SF I think he is probably a sit. Can't play with fire twice.

They haven't really played a QB who can create plays with his legs, so hard to tell how they'll handle it.

That said, that pass rush vs the Cardinals line?  He better move.

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fleshing out a potentially positive scenario, only to culminate with "could be good, could suck" is kinda "meh"

🤔

My take is, it ain't gonna be pretty.  I think we all know that's a strong possibility.

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🤔

It's pretty obvious if you have better options you aren't going to play him, just like most wouldn't against NE. All I'm saying is people saying he has absolutely no chance to have a good game is ridiculous because this is the best time to catch SF. I don't really subscribe to carrying two QBs. It's just a waste, imo. I have confidence he can put up a number on SF because of the circumstances. Next game is different because they'll have their own film against him and they'll be fully rested. A lot of people are dropping him this week.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

My take is, it ain't gonna be pretty.  I think we all know that's a strong possibility.

fair enuff, to both you and Fitzy. 

i will say this for Kyler... he has not been a turnover machine - matter of fact, all things considered, he's been downright stingy (only 4 picks in 8 games).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fair enuff, to both you and Fitzy. 

i will say this for Kyler... he has not been a turnover machine - matter of fact, all things considered, he's been downright stingy (only 4 picks in 8 games).

This is true.  He tends to eat the sack as opposed to trying to make the impossible throw and have a bonehead pick, and when he does get hit he hasn't fumbled.

Ideally, he's learned from the Carolina game from a pass rush prospective, this will be a lot like that but with a better secondary.

His showing in NO made him a must sit to me. I had to clear a roster spot to grab Carr as well. [...]  I'm still planning to start @TB (sneaky shootout potential and you can't run well on TB) and probably down the stretch unless there's no signs of progress.

Don't worry, Kirk being back and DJ coming back soon, he will still have valuable down the stretch.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

Football is so random that he could have some decent week at home. But give the past 2 weeks, scoring 15 points in standard, and going against the red hot 9ers defense, no way should he be started.

With that said he probably ends up throwing 300 yards and 3 TDs in a big upset win against the 9ers...

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Football is so random that he could have some decent week at home. But give the past 2 weeks, scoring 15 points in standard, and going against the red hot 9ers defense, no way should he be started.

With that said he probably ends up throwing 300 yards and 3 TDs in a big upset win against the 9ers...

It's not impossible. That would please me, even if I sit him. I do think that Kyler is the kind of QB who can do well against good defenses, he just doesn't have the experience yet or quite enough o-line or skill player help. Still really high on him for career.