TTo34

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Assuming everyone’s sitting?

Just now, mjb said:

Assuming everyone’s sitting?

This week yeah. Regardless of what happens I think he’s good to go the next couple of matchups. Hopefully he has a good game though to ease any concerns.

• Thanks 1

Any chance he gets off season surgery to increase the length of his arms and legs? It's hard to play football as a midget. His tiny legs have to work twice as hard as everyone else's.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Any chance he gets off season surgery to increase the length of his arms and legs? It's hard to play football as a midget. His tiny legs have to work twice as hard as everyone else's.  

source.giftenor.gif?itemid=5698289

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wanna start him next week against Cleveland, but yikes!! That offense doesn’t look very good even if they have played some solid defenses.

Anyone watching the game know if his quad or hammy is still bothering him?

What do you guys think? [...] Even with a bad game against a tough Pitt D, it just doesn't seem like he has enough of supporting cast to be relied on against Cleveland/Seattle...

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

35 minutes ago, aapox said:

What do you guys think? [...] Even with a bad game against a tough Pitt D, it just doesn't seem like he has enough of supporting cast to be relied on against Cleveland/Seattle...

He played the best defense in football. He’ll be okay. 

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

He played the best defense in football. He’ll be okay. 

Seattle is a similar defense when he plays them.  Turnover machines.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, daynlokki said:

Not even close. Seattle can't pressure the QB. Murray should do better for sure.

7 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

He had one pick against them in the first game. That’s a turnover machine to you? 

20 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Kyler is very startable the next two weeks. Lock and load! Enjoy the ride to the 'ship!

Ahhh! I dunno man. That's how I felt but now I'm getting cold feet. Aren't you worried that this genius offense constantly throws these little 4-5 yard curls and it just burns clock? The vertical shots have not consistently been there.

3 hours ago, tpat30 said:

Not even close. Seattle can't pressure the QB. Murray should do better for sure.

Seattle is the top team for turnovers since week 5 of the season.  

3 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He had one pick against them in the first game. That’s a turnover machine to you? 

Read above.  People thought he'd handle the Steelers too, despite them leading the NFL in turnovers lol, how'd that work out?  Seattle is also 3rd in ints and 1st in fumbles recovered on the year, putting them at a total of 3 less turnovers than the Steelers defense.  Yes, they give up yards, but they make plays all the time.  They also run the ball a ton leading to a slant in time of possession.  The less Kyler has the ball, the less he can score for you in fantasy.

Kyler Murray last start vs Seattle: 22/32 for 241 yards, 0 tds, 1 int, 4 sacks taken, 4 rushes for 27 yards and a touchdown.  He was lucky to even be mediocre that week and it took a rushing touchdown in the 4th for him to even reach that.

1 minute ago, daynlokki said:

Kyler Murray last start vs Seattle: 22/32 for 241 yards, 0 tds, 1 int, 4 sacks taken, 4 rushes for 27 yards and a touchdown.  He was lucky to even be mediocre that week and it took a rushing touchdown in the 4th for him to even reach that.

Jared Goff: 22/33, 293, 2/2.

I'll take my chances on that floor with major upside.

Kyler is going to have the type of end of year performance that will have people considering drafting him in the first 2 rounds next year. Regarding his performance last time he played; simply look at how he did the second time he played the 49rs vs the first. He is like the velociraptors who learned how to open the doors in Jurassic Park. Clever girl! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Jared Goff: 22/33, 293, 2/2.

I'll take my chances on that floor with major upside.

That was Goff's worst game vs the NFC West so far.  He put up over 400 on the 49ers and the Cardinals I believe lol.

30 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

That was Goff's worst game vs the NFC West so far.  He put up over 400 on the 49ers and the Cardinals I believe lol.

No Goff was awful against the Niners in October.

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

No Goff was awful against the Niners in October.

Ya I missed that one, but it's not like Kyler did anything vs Seattle earlier this season and that defense has gotten better.  Kyler's best receiver that game was David Johnson lol at 99 yards

32 minutes ago, matthewpullman93 said:

Kyler vs Cleveland. What do we think here?

solid at home. 

gonna be much easier sledding than last week, that's for sure. 

I'm expecting a relatively high scoring game. Zona defense won't be able to stop Landry or Odell. You know Kyler and Baker each want to be the best Heisman qb out of Oklahoma. Honestly, I'm strongly considering throwing him in over Lamar this week

26 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I'm expecting a relatively high scoring game. Zona defense won't be able to stop Landry or Odell. You know Kyler and Baker each want to be the best Heisman qb out of Oklahoma. Honestly, I'm strongly considering throwing him in over Lamar this week

Wow, that's bold AF. I'm sitting here wondering if I need to pivot to another middling QB because of all these silly 4-6 yard routes that just burn clock.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:26 PM, aapox said:

Wow, that's bold AF. I'm sitting here wondering if I need to pivot to another middling QB because of all these silly 4-6 yard routes that just burn clock.

Good thing I didn't lol. I wouldn't be afraid to start Kyler or Mayfield in this game though