TTo34

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

On 12/11/2019 at 4:26 PM, aapox said:

Wow, that's bold AF. I'm sitting here wondering if I need to pivot to another middling QB because of all these silly 4-6 yard routes that just burn clock.

Arizona is last in time of possession, so there’s that. They probably have a lot of 3 and outs though...

1 hour ago, tpat30 said:

Arizona is last in time of possession, so there’s that. They probably have a lot of 3 and outs though...

That’s good info. Thanks. One nice thing is they should have decent success running in this matchup to open things up more. Any take on how you think Kyler does?

7 minutes ago, aapox said:

That’s good info. Thanks. One nice thing is they should have decent success running in this matchup to open things up more. Any take on how you think Kyler does?

Their best player has been relegated to a second-string RB....Good luck 

On 12/12/2019 at 10:51 PM, aapox said:

Not a lot, this is his best matchup in a month, so there's that. I rolled with him over Wentz and Matt Ryan, so I'm somewhat confident in Murray turning things around this game. Hoping for a nice shootout and he's playing at home in the dome.

• Like 1

Could have had 5 TDs, just some bad luck.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, OdellBaconJr said:

not very confident in his matchup next week @ seattle anyone trusting him in finals ?

I personally wouldn't with how many turnovers Seattle forces.  He could do OK, but doubt he'll play amazing, and his floor is way down there.

Kinda surprised Kyler isn't being talked about as a great play this week.

Weak SEA pass D with tons of injuries (Wagner, Quandre Diggs, Kendricks, Clowney, Shaq Griffin all questionable or unlikely to play).

SEA is going to score against ARZ, highest point total of the week so can definitely be a shootout, so Kyler should have one of his best outings yet.

Why are people not confident in this guy for the finals?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthewpullman93 said:

Kinda surprised Kyler isn't being talked about as a great play this week.

Weak SEA pass D with tons of injuries (Wagner, Quandre Diggs, Kendricks, Clowney, Shaq Griffin all questionable or unlikely to play).

SEA is going to score against ARZ, highest point total of the week so can definitely be a shootout, so Kyler should have one of his best outings yet.

Why are people not confident in this guy for the finals?

He’s been sacked more often than any QB in the league (46), has thrown 4 INTs in his last two games, plays behind an atrocious O-line with no weapons to speak of outside of Drake, and has to go on the road and contend not only with the 12th man, but with a team likely to be returning its full complement of top pass-rushers to the field for the first time in weeks (Clowney, Ansah, and Kendricks).

T.O.P. may skew 40/20 for SeaHags ... he's gonna need to be ruthlessly efficient with what precious posession time the Cards do get. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

4 hours ago, OdellBaconJr said:

Clowney and Diggs both doubtful looking like a better play this week 

Who is “Diggs”?

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Who is “Diggs”?

Safety

Well this coupled with the weather in Miami; makes my decision at QB interesting. I had planned to role with Fitzmagic vs Bungles

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

Safety

Well this coupled with the weather in Miami; makes my decision at QB interesting. I had planned to role with Fitzmagic vs Bungles

I wish I knew how to counsel you - that weather seems ridiculous.  Even in reasonably inclement weather, I’d go Fitz.  But Murray might have a good game - no Clowney, no Diggs, perhaps no Griffin.

I did but I'm still up by 50 thanks to CMC and Colts DST.

Unfortunately my league is a 2 week playoff so I will either role with TB12 vs the Dolphins or look elsewhere if Murray can't go.

38 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

I did but I'm still up by 50 thanks to CMC and Colts DST.

Unfortunately my league is a 2 week playoff so I will either role with TB12 vs the Dolphins or look elsewhere if Murray can't go.

Probably start looking. Pats will be run heavy now. 

11 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Probably start looking. Pats will be run heavy now. 

It's only 10 team league so plenty of options available. 

Brissett vs Jax

Josh Allen vs NYJ

Are probably the best ones.