DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Had same situation. grabbed Jacobs first then the following round Ingram was there and it seemed like the safe bet, but I decided to go for the home run lol let's see how things go.

Yeah I mean 1 out of the 2 of Jacobs and Monty are going to have top 10 rb numbers maybe both 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brye said:

Yeah I mean 1 out of the 2 of Jacobs and Monty are going to have top 10 rb numbers maybe both 

Just nab both

299 touches in his entire college career

People think he's gonna break 300 in one year on a Gruden team?

For those who tout the high draft pick... You know Gruden had to send his entire scouting department home to make this year's picks right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread could use another bump. I snagged him in the rb 14-17 range, but I think he has the potential to end up as a top 10rb finish.

Limited touches at Bama isn't a bad thing. Less wear and tear, imo.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, pushaZ said:

For those who tout the high draft pick... You know Gruden had to send his entire scouting department home to make this year's picks right?

Is the number of touches in college really that relevant though?  He's not an MLB pitcher that has to build up his innings every year.  Do you think he lacks the strength or stamina to have 200+ touches?  Which is realistically all anyone would be projecting to have him finish as an RB2 - saying over 300 is just being purposely hyperbolic.

Also not sure what is meant by the Gruden comment.  If Gruden made the pick, and Gruden calls the plays, I would say that bodes pretty well for Jacobs.  I'd be a lot more skeptical of a situation like Penny last year in Seattle, where people were saying "he'll play because he was a 1st rounder", even though Pete Carroll has a history of playing those that earn it, regardless of pedigree.  This is the opposite.  Gruden hand-picked his RB in the draft; why wouldn't he ride him in actual games that he's calling?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handyandy86 said:

Is the number of touches in college really that relevant though?  He's not an MLB pitcher that has to build up his innings every year.  Do you think he lacks the strength or stamina to have 200+ touches?  Which is realistically all anyone would be projecting to have him finish as an RB2 - saying over 300 is just being purposely hyperbolic.

Also not sure what is meant by the Gruden comment.  If Gruden made the pick, and Gruden calls the plays, I would say that bodes pretty well for Jacobs.  I'd be a lot more skeptical of a situation like Penny last year in Seattle, where people were saying "he'll play because he was a 1st rounder", even though Pete Carroll has a history of playing those that earn it, regardless of pedigree.  This is the opposite.  Gruden hand-picked his RB in the draft; why wouldn't he ride him in actual games that he's calling?  

Yep.  Cadillac Williams (the last RB hand-picked by Gruden) had 290 carries (310 touches) and 225 carries (255 touches) his first two seasons.  And those were both 14 GS seasons.  Granted he did have a lot more work in college, but still.

Edited by ToO_BaD
  • Like 2

Took this guy over Carson, Ingram, and Montgomery. Hope I don't regret it.

I just like his unknown upside more than any of those guys besides Montgomery, but Cohen may steal too much passing work for my liking in Chicago.

1 hour ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

I just like his unknown upside more than any of those guys besides Montgomery, but Cohen may steal too much passing work for my liking in Chicago.

Exactly my reasoning as well, Carson Montgomery and Ingram have a greater threat at touches being taken away. Besides Rashad penny first round running backs have had a great track record of being solid their rookie year so I think he's the right the choice.

1 hour ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

There are threads that breakdown the math of touches Howard got last year even with Cohen involved.  Even if Mont gets the same as Howard last year he is fine.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

There are threads that breakdown the math of touches Howard got last year even with Cohen involved.  Even if Mont gets the same as Howard last year he is fine.

There are also threads of calculations of how mark Ingram will be a strong RB 2 bit people in the Montgomery threads talk a lot and want to keep gassing up an overrated rookie and talk about a proven above average rb in Ingram 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bookofalamo28 said:

Would you start Jacobs over Aaron Jones Week 1?

With Jones at Chicago?  Yes.

But this should probably be in the coaches help forum.

On 8/26/2019 at 12:10 PM, pushaZ said:

People complain about RB's being used too much in the college and that they will break down in the NFL (Forte) and then they complain about RB's being used too little in college and not being able to handle a full NFL workload (Kamara).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, pushaZ said:

How many college carries did Chris Carson have?

8 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How many college carries did Chris Carson have?

My prediction: This guy becomes a mid second round pick in 2020. Bargain city in most drafts right now.

5’11 220 & no competition for early down work. Good receiver & should be the GL guy too. Think it’s between Jacobs & Montgomery for ROY. Wouldn’t shock me to see 1400 total yards, 40 catches & 10 TD’s for Jacobs this year 

• Like 2

I think he can put up a rookie Matt Forte like rookie year. I definitely like Montgomery more as a real life player, but I think Jacob's is going to put up better numbers. You know Gruden wants to look good by Jacobs doing work. 

12 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

5’11 220 & no competition for early down work. Good receiver & should be the GL guy too. Think it’s between Jacobs & Montgomery for ROY. Wouldn’t shock me to see 1400 total yards, 40 catches & 10 TD’s for Jacobs this year 

God I hope you're right.  This guy fell to me in the 3rd round and I couldn't say no.

22 minutes ago, kdko said:

God I hope you're right.  This guy fell to me in the 3rd round and I couldn't say no.

I could def see if he plays 16 games. 1k rushing, 400 receiving. I think it’s more 900 and 350ish but close enough

4 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Anyone feeling confident for week one?

I am. Im in PPR not sure yours but yeah absolutely confident

18 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Anyone feeling confident for week one?

Yes, simply because of volume and it’s a season opening home game. Different story if opening in DEN