DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

So happy to have this guy

• Like 1

I really don't think the AB news is a good thing. This offense is gonna struggle big time now, and with bad WRs and a below average QB Jacobs is gonna have zero room to run. I have a feeling Richard is the one who gets the uptick from this.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I really don't think the AB news is a good thing. This offense is gonna struggle big time now, and with bad WRs and a below average QB Jacobs is gonna have zero room to run. I have a feeling Richard is the one who gets the uptick from this.  

Agree

• Like 1

AB gone is definitely bad for Jacobs. That was part of his appeal, having Brown to draw the defense attention. 

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Jacobs is a 3 down back. Hes not going to just be out there on 2 downs. When a bad team uses a first round pick on a RB its to give the guy the ball a ton. 

Its not a good thing for Jacobs upside. It may raise his floor since theirs going to be a ton of dump offs to Jacobs. I expect we see the offense completely going through him. We wont be seeing many TD's though. 

Richard isnt playing with Lynch and Doug Martin this season hes not going to have anywhere near the same numbers. 

Edited by buzzkilloton

• Doug fricken Martin had 723 yards 4.2 yard per carry, and that was after he came in for injured Marshawn Lynch.  Lynch had another 376 yards and 4.2 yard per carry.  Together they caught 33 passes.  Their is no way Jacobs can't perform better than 2 old beat up RBs.  If he stays healthy he should be 1100-1200 yards 6-8 td and 40 receptions which would be a great season easy RB2.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mortman212 said:
  • Doug fricken Martin had 723 yards 4.2 yard per carry, and that was after he came in for injured Marshawn Lynch.  Lynch had another 376 yards and 4.2 yard per carry.  Together they caught 33 passes.  Their is no way Jacobs can't perform better than 2 old beat up RBs.  If he stays healthy he should be 1100-1200 yards 6-8 td and 40 receptions which would be a great season easy RB2.

I wouldnt be surprised if he gets 50+ catches. 33 just from the bad rec rbs last he can easily beat that and then hes going to be taking away catches from Richard.  Richard had alot last season to take from. 

What we lost with AB out of town was some upside. Regardless Grudens going to feed the beast he drafted in the 1st round and no way he cant improve on the numbers the backfield put up last season. Volume is huge for RB's and Jacobs is going to get it. 

Edited by buzzkilloton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Barkley didn't have OBJ most of last year to draw defenders away from him.....

People are gonna jump all over ya for that. I do love me sum JJ

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

People are gonna jump all over ya for that. I do love me sum JJ

That's fine, I'm not saying JJ is Barkley but o think 1st round talents are usually taken because of their well rounded games, running, catching, etc... So just pointing out the loss of AB isn't necessarily a death nail to Jacobs production since he will contribute in multiple ways.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

OBJ played the first 12 games with him

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well he had him, and he was met behind the LOS quite frequently. If he wasn't Barkley their would have been quite a lot of carry for loss.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's fine, I'm not saying JJ is Barkley but o think 1st round talents are usually taken because of their well rounded games, running, catching, etc... So just pointing out the loss of AB isn't necessarily a death nail to Jacobs production since he will contribute in multiple ways.

I agree to this too. More catches will definitely be coming without AB

5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Richard doesn't get upticks because the Raiders have never really increased his workload despite multiple injuries to starters over the past few years. He's always the COP / airback. He may get a few more targets, but Jacobs will get his share as well. Plus basically all the carries. 

looks like the real deal so far unlike another extremely hyped rookie that shall not be named for now

Edited by Guwop
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Always feel good to know your rb2 may end up being a rb1. 

Or your RB3 in my case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Or your RB3 in my case.

Yup its possible for sure. He was falling to the 4th in some drafts towards the end of the draft season. The d.mont hype got out if control and many forgot this guy was the #24 pick in the draft for a reason.  Gruden didnt draft this guy that early to not feed the beast.

Edited by buzzkilloton

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Or your RB3 in my case.

Did ya have to rub it in? Some people might of went wrs and QBs before rbs. Even TEs