DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

I agree with you. I’m not sitting Jacobs for sure. I think Jacobs is a rock solid rb2 plug and play with rb1 upside.

True, but when you have two of those guys for one spot...

Edited by EaglesRocker97

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Normally, I would, too. But it seems that Jacobs will stay on the field for passing downs, right? Also, no Hill should keep this game closer. Raiders are at home, defense looked decent enough last week, and as an overall team, they might be a little underrated.

I'm thinking this game will be a shootout and that Carr will have to be throwing a bunch to keep up with KC.  Without Hill last week, KC's offense didn't slow to a roll.  I think this is more of a Tyrell and Waller game than a Jacobs one, unless you're hoping he just gets the goal line punch-in when they get down to the red zone.  

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I'm thinking this game will be a shootout and that Carr will have to be throwing a bunch to keep up with KC.  Without Hill last week, KC's offense didn't slow to a roll.  I think this is more of a Tyrell and Waller game than a Jacobs one, unless you're hoping he just gets the goal line punch-in when they get down to the red zone.  

Even if it is, Jacobs can still punch in a couple GL carries. Jacobs isn't coming off the field. I'm starting Jacobs without any concerns. Sitting Tyrell, although that is a tough decision.

looks like bad game script will be a problem with jacobs. woulda hit the century mark + had the game be closer... smh. 

12 carries and not even used in the passing game.  26 snaps.  Gruden and Carr did nothing positive after it was 10-0 Raiders.  

Yeah they were on the 10 after jacobs marched them all the way down the field and they draw up a pass play that got picked basically sealing the game. . Jacobs was absolutely gashing KC, they need to involve him more in the passing otherwise that is a HUGE issue in ppr. 

Edited by nmartinez12443

the interception carr threw near the goalline was the killer to the day for jacobs. marched him down there and got nothing 

Raiders had the ball 1st and goal at the 4 and Carr throws a pick.  They pulled Jacobs right before this play.  My guess due to the 50 yard run and the 2 other carries to get them to the 4 yard line.  He was stuck on 99 rushing yards most of the 4th quarter.  

2 minutes ago, Hops said:

Who’s the rookie back to own now!?

Probably the guy who had 31 more scrimmage yards on 7 less touches.

• Like 1

Definitely not game script proof. Gruden refused to use him in 3rd down situations or catch up mode in the 2nd half. Without that 50 yard run it would have been a really disappointing day. Strong RB2 in games where the Raiders don't fall behind big. The next Chiefs game is a concern. But the schedule shouldn't be too bad. Not many games like today's.

3 hours ago, devaster said:

Definitely not game script proof. Gruden refused to use him in 3rd down situations or catch up mode in the 2nd half. Without that 50 yard run it would have been a really disappointing day. Strong RB2 in games where the Raiders don't fall behind big. The next Chiefs game is a concern. But the schedule shouldn't be too bad. Not many games like today's.

I found this game extremely encouraging as it was the one game I was most worried about game flow and he didn’t flop. Color me excited

Edited by itschief33
  • Like 3

Same as itschief, 2nd game in the NFL it's a blowout and he still musters 10 points ? If that's the floor i'm stoked

1 minute ago, egolam said:

Same as itschief, 2nd game in the NFL it's a blowout and he still musters 10 points ? If that's the floor i'm stoked

That’s not his floor.

Just now, Bronco Billy said:

That’s not his floor.

Yeah if he doesnt start getting more passes he loses huge value in full and half ppr leagues. Chris Thompson will have more value. I own jacobs btw and i dont understand why they didnt give him a few screens etc similar to the dump off against denver which was a huge play. His floor is probably like 50 rushing yard no catches or td, unfortunately he has the toughest run schedule in the first 8 weeks or so.

Some positives and negatives coming out of the game yesterday, but I think the good outweighs the bad in this case.  99 yards on 12 carries is very good.  You can say "yeah but without the 51 yard run it was a bad day," but that's what people said about Barkley most of last year too.  

This game was also one boneheaded Derek Carr pass in the redzone away from possibly being a big one for Jacobs.  If he hadn't have thrown that INT at the goal line, and instead say it was just incomplete, Jacobs could have easily walked out of there with a TD to add to his stat line, and it would have been an 11 point game in the 3rd quarter, which would have at least theoretically kept the Raiders and Jacobs in the game.

The lack of targets is troubling for sure, but hopefully after seeing Richard and Washington do very little with what they were given, Gruden will smarten up and start using his most talented RB.  This game also exposed again how crummy of a QB Carr is, and will hopefully reinforce to Gruden that he needs to make this a run-first ground and pound offense.  

This was also their worst matchup of the year, aside from when they play KC one more time (at least worst game script for Jacobs).  There will be some tough D's in the schedule, but if the games stay close then Jacobs will get his fair share of work.  Minnesota got torched by Aaron Jones this week, and if the Raiders are smart they will feed Jacobs early and often.

• Like 2

I think owners still have to be very happy thus far, but him essentially not getting on the field once the Raiders were down a bit was discouraging. As mentioned, it means he's not matchup-proof. And needless to say this isn't the only game the Raiders will be losing. Not to be greedy, but I'd like to see him with a few more receptions, especially since he's more than capable. 

5 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah if he doesnt start getting more passes he loses huge value in full and half ppr leagues. Chris Thompson will have more value. I own jacobs btw and i dont understand why they didnt give him a few screens etc similar to the dump off against denver which was a huge play. His floor is probably like 50 rushing yard no catches or td, unfortunately he has the toughest run schedule in the first 8 weeks or so.

Says me about every "3 down back" I own.  

Groin injury. Yikes. If memory serves his groin was bothering him at the combine as well. Rookie who's never been a bellcow with an injury that tends to linger. Could be nothing but I'd say there's unfortunately cause for some legitimate concern. 

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Groin injury. Yikes. If memory serves his groin was bothering him at the combine as well. Rookie who's never been a bellcow with an injury that tends to linger. Could be nothing but I'd say there's unfortunately cause for some legitimate concern. 

Doesn’t sound major but hopefully they’re cautious with him. I’d rather see them hold Jacobs out a week instead of him really injure himself & be out for a month

• Like 1

If Jacobs misses time, who would be the better pickup, DeAndre Washington or Jalen Richard?

4 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

If Jacobs misses time, who would be the better pickup, DeAndre Washington or Jalen Richard?

Richard, especially if it's PPR. 

I am surprised he has not been used more in the passing game. He looks great on his college tape catching the ball and his blocking looks fine. 

Let's hope this groin injury is minor. 

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

their o-line is much improved with the run blocking, but not enough to make DWash relevant ... Richard is a proven commodity and the big "get" here if he's available