DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

And spoiled meat

Or spoiled something..,

Guy: “What is all this stuff?  Are you sick?”

Girl: “No, but the last guy was.”

:whistlingandwalkingaway:

Two limited practices in a row. Likely more to do with the illness than the injury. Drink lots of water. FWIW; the Raiders seem to have some ailment going through the roster. Keisean Nixon was a DNP with an illness today and Tyrell Williams reportedly had something last week.

Edited by LongBalls

Never a serious concern but this adds to the encouragement for Sunday. Not sure we've gotten confirmation on the groin/hip designation, but either way it sounds minor. Just need him to start catching balls to creep into that RB1 territory. 

Looks like he's going to play. Dunno how he falls with the illness and a potential "hip" injury though.

Also:

Edited by LongBalls
  • Thanks 1

I like how the team plans to expand his role but will it happen Sunday? Give me some confidence to play him! This matchup sucks on paper. 

The Raiders haven’t had much to cheer about over the last few months, but the first two games of Josh Jacobs’ career should at least give some form of hope. After he churned out 63 rushing yards after contact and six forced missed tackles in Week 1, the ‘Bama product rushed for 83 yards after contact via three forced missed tackles in Week 2. And he has now earned an 87.8 rushing grade that ranks first among all NFL running backs with at least 20 rushing attempts so far this season.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/17/raiders-rb-josh-jacobs-graded-as-best-first-round-pick-by-pro-football-focus/amp/

• Like 2

Feel prettty good about him.  I think much of the lack of usage in passing last week had to do with him being sick.

Incognito is going to help. That crazy bastard needs to let energy out in some fashion and has fresh legs. Let’s get this bread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dude was also apparently pretty sick last game. Had to have a couple IVs. Still basically went for 100 yards. Had a week to recover so hopefully he's feeling better. 

Edited by LongBalls

With the illness + hip injury seems like a shaky start. Might FLEX in J. White instead. 

Anyone starting him tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Jin said:

With the illness + hip injury seems like a shaky start. Might FLEX in J. White instead. 

Anyone starting him tomorrow?

Not even being on the injury report is encouraging. I'm definitely rolling him out there. Benching one of Conner, Mixon, or McCoy just for reference. Jacobs would be right around RB15 IMO. Definitely wouldn't start White over him. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Not even being on the injury report is encouraging. I'm definitely rolling him out there. Benching one of Conner, Mixon, or McCoy just for reference. Jacobs would be right around RB15 IMO. Definitely wouldn't start White over him. 

I would be concerned starting him regarding the matchup but according to your lineup I would bench McCoy. This Vikings defense is no joke and I feel a lot of clock will be drained by their running game

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leopard said:

I would be concerned starting him regarding the matchup but according to your lineup I would bench McCoy. This Vikings defense is no joke and I feel a lot of clock will be drained by their running game

I have it in my head from the last few years that minny d is an avoid matchup but I think i read that last year they were near thr middle of the pack and they are this year too. Hard to tell this year this early because they stopped ATL from doing anything on the ground but got gashed by GB.

2 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

I have it in my head from the last few years that minny d is an avoid matchup but I think i read that last year they were near thr middle of the pack and they are this year too. Hard to tell this year this early because they stopped ATL from doing anything on the ground but got gashed by GB.

Atlanta hasn't done anything on the ground either week.  The biggest fear would be Oakland falling behind a la the KC game.  He isn't involved in the passing game, but showed in week 2 that he can still produce with limited touches.  Hopefully he throws in a random GL TD.  But if he is healthy and playing, he is essentially their running game so it is a tough sit.

27 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

Anthony Barr is inactive for Minnesota, i like that for Jacobs.

Eric Wilson and Eric Kendricks are still pretty good line backers that will be there though

game script is such a killer for this guy. should really try to get him involved in the passing smh. gonna chalk it up as him being sick as well

The last two weeks have to be a combination of the injury and being sick. The Raiders can't be this incompetent. Especially with check-down Carr. The lack of work is ridiculous

I hate to say it but as of right now he's a matchup play. He just doesn't catch enough to weather the tough matchups, and unfortunately the team is as bad as expected. He's gonna get game scripted out of any chance at production close to half the time. 

Owning RB's on bad teams is so tough. It's almost the same as owning a WR on a run heavy team that plays with a lead most the time. We did't expect the Raiders to be this bad, but I think we all knew the Raiders would have some tough games. I did expect more from him in the passing game, but even with that he would be a low end RB2 most weeks. Think he is nothing more than a matchup play now.