DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

18 hours ago, whadeeb said:

bench this week, bears are scary

+1, id make him my sit of the week but too obv of a call/bad matchup

in my PPR sitting him in favor of Tarik Cohen and Jaylen Samuels, still deciding if ill throw Rojo in for one of em hah

but again, Buy Buy Buy after this week!

have to play him and hope he gets a salvaged td. or hopes gruden involves him in the passing game. luckily bears might not score well too

16 minutes ago, brosephd said:

have to play him and hope he gets a salvaged td. or hopes gruden involves him in the passing game. luckily bears might not score well too

Seen a stat somewhere that bears are giving up an above average amount of RB receptions if I remember correctly. Can’t remember the source. It’s a cause of excitement if the raiders wise up.

7 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Seen a stat somewhere that bears are giving up an above average amount of RB receptions if I remember correctly. Can’t remember the source. It’s a cause of excitement if the raiders wise up.

RW rankings column I believe:

Josh Jacobs posted new “season highs” in receiving in Indianapolis but ran only four more routes than the week prior (13-9). If the Bears’ defense has a soft spot, it’s RB receptions. Their 29 are tied for fourth worst. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

RW rankings column I believe:

Josh Jacobs posted new “season highs” in receiving in Indianapolis but ran only four more routes than the week prior (13-9). If the Bears’ defense has a soft spot, it’s RB receptions. Their 29 are tied for fourth worst. 

Ew, so close to home. That was it 😂 I have a terrible memory.

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

This is my thinking here as well. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that he punches one in. And it's not like the Bears are a juggernaut so he shouldn't be completely game scripted out. 

I imagine many of us had him on our benches for this blowup. Unfortunate it happened in a matchup that was easy to fade, but he sure looks like a bell cow

• Like 2

[...] now he’s starting to get the receiving work too. Richard wasn’t a factor at all. Too bad we gotta wait 2 weeks now. If he can do this against CHI...

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed quote of deleted post.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

[...] now he’s starting to get the receiving work too. Richard wasn’t a factor at all. Too bad we gotta wait 2 weeks now. If he can do this against CHI...

bye week comes at a good time. Now he can get fully healthy

Not starting him cost me my week. He’s gotta be considered matchup proof now. Never again 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jadakid said:

Not starting him cost me my week. He’s gotta be considered matchup proof now. Never again 

I wouldn't say he is matchup proof just because he had a good game. He still isn't receiving all of the work he should be getting. They would be a better team using him more in the passing game. He should get more targets. It was a positive gamescript for him and they played with a lead. Could have had 4 rush TD's. The fact that he didn't have 4 TD and had 2 vultured means the coaching still isn't giving him all the carries he should be getting.

Gotta love how he gets yardage after contact. Always seems to fall ahead a few extra yards. Believe this video has all or most of his touches from week 5.

Edited by vmo1059
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Didn't see the game or any highlights. How'd he look today?

Like a 2020 top 5-7 pick.  

• Like 3